Writing-up Therapeutic Self Therapy Survey

afewletters

Greenlighter
Hey so this is purely a personally motivated survey I'm hoping to complete to go towards studying the benefits of certain psychoactive substances and their potential therapeutic benefits. I'm looking to start a course in psychotherapy with a view to studying in particular, the use of psychoactive substances in society solely for therapeutic benefits to better understand the area surrounding drug use/mis-use and its pendulum-like motion between seemingly positive side effects and negative.

I'm also curious in general, what people take and why they take it, what dose, how they prepare, their environment including scenery, location, music, presence of other people/animals, lighting etc.

What is most important to me about this survey is the goal of the experience. To me, therapy is a way to address aspects of our lives we want to discuss in a much more personal, honest yet deeper light usually welded together with insightful thoughts on ones actions, beliefs, goals and attributions with a view to improving ones state of mind. Therapy for you could be different and that is where the importance of goal monitoring surrounds the intentional purpose of this survey.

Here is the layout of the survey from start to finish, if you do complete my survey please try and stay within the confides of rhe template ive designed. Makes it easier to harvest the data afterwards.

START EXAMPLE TEMPLATE
Therapeutic tools:
- 100mg MDMA
-- Taken orally, crystal form
- 100ug LSD
-- Taken orally, pre-laid on blotter

Setting:
Lake @ 19:00HRS (Exact location not specific and be all means obviously not a requirement)
- Tealight candles, portable CD player
- With 2 friends
- Remote location essential

Proposed staging of therapeutic procedures:
- Discuss abandonment issues with friends
- Use trigger words like 'My father doesn't love me' to bring forward deeply rooted emotions
- Have friends record responses to triggers, questions and discussion
- Have predetermined questions ready for answering and include improvised questioning for more 'off the cuff' responses
- Group hugs, hand shaking, warm gesturing and bonding exercises
- Goal discussion
- Closed eye visual experience verbal discussion
- Closed eye constructed scenario discussion (ie. "Picture yourself bonding with your family, picture there being no relationship issues between you and your family - What do you see/feel?")

Results post-session:
12 hours afterwards - Feeling more emphatic towards my family, have realized how to feel connected to them and understand the gap between us as being mental and not physical.
1 week afterwards - Have contacted family to arrange a visit to catch up
1 month afterwards - Contacting family every 2 weeks via text message and Skype/FaceTime.

How I rate the use of my chosen psychoactive substances and their effects:
Substance(s) chosen -
9 / 10 (scale from 1 to 10)
COMMENTS:
Felt that LSD compliment the MDMA
Dose(s) chosen -
7 / 10
COMMENTS:
Dose was perfect for me. No issues. Blended seemlessly together.
Pre-session -
10 / 10
COMMENTS: Planning was accurate and responsible. Felt like I looked after myself safely and comfortably before the session.
Session -
10 / 10
COMMENTS: Amazing insights. Amazing visuals. Managed to think a lot about my specific issue I wanted to bring to the surface.

Final Verdict:
Would definetly recommend this combination for therapeutic sessions at the doses specified. Insighftul and thoroughly enjoyable throughout.

END EXAMPLE

Im really looking forward to seeing what people use to heal themselves. Please be responsible. Therapeutic doses do not mean doses which would otherwise cause harm to yourself or someone else ie. Large amounts of cocaine followed by large amounts of alcohol. I think you get what I mean by therapeutic.

Hopefully with the data I can produce a table of commonly used therapeutic tools and further support my study into the use of psychoactive substances and their attractive benefits to better understand my knowledge and general understanding of the ever mysterious, beautiful and elusive world of psychoactives and self therapy.

Look forward to some input and if I've done something wrong, posted in the wrong forum of whatever. Please do tell me, I apologise in advance for any discrepancies in my post.

Thanks,
AFL