Info Font, Symbol, Character Question Marks and Diamond error icons.

Blue_Phlame

Bluelight Crew
Exhibit A. Mojibake
4ui1DF0.png

What I once saw was a ? (
RNSzdWw.gif
) emojicon, or special character, and the next thing after a refresh it dissappears and is replaced by (Question marks , boxes and blank characters.) Unicode support for new emojifonts on the system using and displaying them might resolve the issue. Any other suggestions?

keywords: garbled text, missing font, 404 font not found, special character, browsers, meta.

Testing emojicons

????
?♒↗↥
■◈▷◉
▤▥▦▧
( ;゚皿゚)ノシ(゚∈゚ )
₱‰★

which browser are you using? that looks fine to me (firefox 38)

Case and point, the emojis were working until I edited the OP, and all emojis broke after I hit save. It happens to be whenever I post with my Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow using Chrome.

your chrome is way out of date. can you update and see if that fixes it.

alasdair

That desktop chrome version you see in post 4 was from 2015. My current Android version is 55.0.2883.91
I update my browser versions regularly.

Existing emojis and special characters (like Japanese or Arabic font) that have been posted still work,, but now i'm getting question mark symbols coming up.

No work around yet. Not even white heart suit can be posted " ? | (U+2661)"
?;.
gvVlxVy.png

Some site engineer should get on that font issue.

Can't post symbols. Unicode symbols like checkmarks are missing ?

PHP character mapping issue?
Font, vBulletin version, style config?

Try for yourself: http://www.messletters.com/en/symbols/

Copyright symbol works oddly enough. ©

^ yeah, I'm kinda blown about it too really. Limits what you can do with titles, mobile characters, sigs, etc.

ok, looks like this was a charset setting in vb cp. can you try posting a new post with special characters and let me know what happens. existing posts won't be updated.

alasdair

☆≠✔��δ☀晴晴晴➤☆✣❉✷✥◉☐₯₫₦₩௹?₣♜♛☂☃✙��☯

Most of them worked! Yay! :D

So the changeover seems to have muddled up some former characters like last time (see example below). However, if it enables us to use a wider range of characters in the future, I think it's a price worth paying.

Hi there guys! So I?€™m going to be doing my first cycle and figured I?€™d keep a log going here...

A little about myself: I?€™m 28 years old. 5ft 9 ectomorphic very small bone structure build. I?€™ve been exercising/lifting weights for about 12 years now I?€™d say and I?€™ve always been pretty consistent(probably due to ocd/addictive personality lol). I?€™m not so much into the whole bodybuilding scene, but I just enjoy keeping my body healthy/strong/functioning properly(and looking good of course). I always eat clean and healthy, nutrient dense meals and occasionally go off on a night out with some drinks, but I?€™m fairly disciplined in that regard. I used to be super scrawny and now I?€™m not huge and beastly or anything, but I?€™ve

well, i think we can fix the existing chars. or allow the speacial chars in future but not both.

alasdair

It's probably an issue with special characters being saved as ISO-8859-1 or w/e, the older format, as opposed to the newer Unicode.

well, i think we can fix the existing chars. or allow the speacial chars in future but not both.

alasdair

I prefer we carry on with the new improved choice you've just switched on. We can manually correct anything too messy.

It's probably an issue with special characters being saved as ISO-8859-1 or w/e, the older format, as opposed to the newer Unicode.
ironically, the charset for the board was switched back from utf-8 to ISO-8859-1.

i noticed that a message i posted earlier from my ipad - containing what i thought was a regular apostrophe ("it's") - appeared borked. i assume that the ipad used a different character than the regular apostophe. let me try it:

regular: it's
special: it’s

hmm.

alasdair