• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(96mg Loperamide/omeprazole/black pepper) who says this isn't recreational?

JackiesBabyy

Bluelighter
96mg loperamide
100mg omeprazole (prilosec)
15 capsules of black pepper (emptied out vitamin capsules)

I've done this combo about 10 times now over the past 3 months. As for my opiate tolerance, I basically have none as prior to this my opiate use was 20 or 30mg of oxy every few months.

All of the naysayers be damned, every loperamide trip report thread is full of people who say it's placebo. It is not. While the euphoria is not as amazing as oxy, all of the classic opiate effects are there. A very noticible mood lift, a warm body buzz, face itchiness, and a tiny bit of sedation. For those who don't know, omeprazole and piperine (which is in black pepper) are pgp inhibitors which help loperamide cross the BBB. I've tried taking it without the pepper/omeprazole before and it doesn't have any effect. But with it, this is a very good high for an OTC drug. In terms of fun it's second only to benzedrex as far as OTC highs go. It lasts a long time too, about 24 to 36 hours.

Now some of you may be wondering OH GOD WHAT ABOUT THE CONSTIPATION?

Well, it's there, but it is no worse than the constipation caused by oxy. Taking more loperamide does not increase the constipation level.

The downside is you can only do it about once a week otherwise it won't work for some reason. Now I know there's still gonna be people screaming placebo, but they can think what they want while I enjoy my high.

As for negative effects, occasionally I'll get classic opiate nausea and I even vomited once about 12 hours after taking it. But the nausea is relieved by benadryl as with any other opiate.

Disclaimer: I read about a dude on here dying from mixing loperamide and alcohol, so...yeah, don't do that. Also don't start with 96mg incase you happen to be more sensitive to it than I am. Be responsible, do lower trial doses.

Last edited:
Interesting... that's a shit ton of loperamide though. I used to take 60-70mg of it when I was trying to withdraw from opiates and it helped so much. I would dissolve them in my mouth with spit and try to do it sublingually... don't know if it made a difference but it seemed like it worked better than just swallowing them (but the taste is really weird and lingers for a long time). It's definitely not placebo but I've heard some things quoted that make me nervous about actually using it recreationally.

Actually yeah, 96mg may be too much at first. I'd recommend starting lower your first time, I started with 70, when that wasn't enough the next time I tried 120mg which made me puke that time, but 96mg ended up being my sweet spot. Should put a clarify edit in my first post.