Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

MDMA(100mg)/MDA(250mg)/Mescaline(400mg) - Confusingly Intense

pr0d1gy

Bluelighter
I had been wanting to try MDA and Mescaline together for quite a while. In my experience, MDA tends to overpower most other substances. I still wanted to attempt this combo to explore the possibility of mescaline supplying an emotional character that MDA tends to lack. In any case, this began as a fairly normal MDMA/MDA combination and was not originally tended to involve mescaline at all. As can sometimes happen, the inebriating effects of the originally ingested substances drew others into it.
I’ve compiled this report from typed notes with heavy modification to make it comprehensible.

+0:00 - Ingested 70mg MDMA HCl and 100mg MDA HCl mixture sublingually (gag!!), I ended up swallowing a fair portion when the taste became unbearable. I start noticing some subtle changes about 15 minutes in. It was likely the MDMA as MDA takes a long time to affect me by almost any ROA.

+1:00 - Things are building up slowly, maybe due to food on the stomach. The effects are just past the threshold of being questionably placebo. I have a bit of pent up energy and increased awareness of my body.

+1:45 - Now the MDA really starts showing itself. As is usual with MDA the come up is fairly intense. It’s a bit hard mentally to keep up with how quickly things are progressing. This is what can make MDA a bit uncomfortable for me. Just when I’ve started to mentally acclimate myself, the experience kicks itself up another notch. The MDA is coming on in waves of intensity. I am having moments where I am overcome with the physical aspects mixed in with strange moments of lucidity. One second I am feeling disappointed, the next I am nearly overcome by the intensity. I feel like I could kick things up a bit, so I ingest another 150mg of MDA. FYI increasing the dosage by over 100% is not a responsible way to kick things up a bit.

+2:15 - While fumbling around with the previous MDA re-dose, I found myself drawn to a vial of mescaline sulfate. My very poor rationale here was “400mg isn’t so much, I’d probably get more out of it just taking it now”. In retrospect, the logic behind this did turn out to have some truth to it. I go ahead and down 400mg mescaline sulfate dissolved in water. God the taste! Being this high only makes it worse.

+2:50 - The aforementioned MDA re-dose is certainly kicking in and I am bruxing quite heavily. I am strongly stimulated, but it’s a psychedelic electric type of energy, not really an adrenal classic stimulant feeling. In any case, I can’t content myself to sit around. To add to tonight’s exhibition of mature decisions, I decide to go to the store. I have nothing in mind I need to buy, it’s just a sort of physical release. The night is perfect and driving is out of the question, so I take the 2 kilometer or so walk.

MDA can get very disorienting in terms of thinking and I’ve taken a quite high dose of it. I walk into the store and pick up some paper scissors. About ¾ of the way home, I realize I’ve stolen it which I had no intention of doing. Why did I buy these anyway? Hell, I can’t even open the package, I should have bought some scissors to open these scissors with. I get home and open the new scissors with kitchen shears. I end up using the kitchen shears to relieve my jaw tension and chew the plastic off the handles. At least I didn’t waste money on those scissors. I didn’t ruin them either :)

+3:30 – Visuals are getting very colorful. My arms have a sort of moving shadow pattern of tribal tattoos when I look at them. The mescaline is kicking in now and the re-dose of MDA is still on the upswing also. I am academically aware that this is getting pretty intense, but not in a position to cognitively appreciate that fact. I do however take my BP and temperature. Amazingly, my BP is almost normal but the pulse it a bit elevated in the mid 90’s. My temperature is 99.3 F, but considering I’ve just walked a bit on a warm night this doesn’t worry me much.

+4:50 – This is about the peak. Thankfully I was quite mentally stoned otherwise this would have certainly been terrifying. This wasn’t going to be a deep, introspective psychedelic experience. Mentally at this point I had the cognitive capability of a vegetable. Nonetheless, I feel amazing euphoria. I just feel happy and I don’t need to be able to rationalize it. There is a bit more depth and emotion in it though, certainly more than I’ve experienced on MDA alone.

+5:20 – Mescaline IME is an incredible diuretic and I need to piss, but my balance is very off. When I stand I have a tendency to slowly move down and to one side even when I try to walk straight. Coordinating limbs is kind of tricky and minor fits of clonus aren’t helping.
Half walking half crawling out of my bedroom I am hit with extreme confusion. "What am I doing?" "Oh, going to piss right." "Uh where is the restroom?" "Wait what was I doing again?" This isn’t going to work out. Seriously, the hall looks many kilometers long and it may as well be. I surrender and retreat back to my room, however the call of nature has not been satisfied and will not be refused. I grab a large pint glass and piss in it. The volume proves to be an amazingly perfect fit for the contents of my bladder.

A few minutes later things take a dark turn. I am now thirsty and grab the nearest cup which happens to be the one I’ve filled with urine. Two sips and I recognize my error, but at least I’ve learned what urine tastes like and maybe recovered some excreted compound. Honestly it didn’t taste horrible at all, sort of like warm Gatorade.

+6:00 – Intensity actually still seems to be slowly increasing and it’s enough that the body high getting into the territory of being intimidating. Music sounds fantastic, sounds are leveled and clear as if everything were auto tuned. I’m finding myself in some strange catatonic positions which are comfortable but I can feel them straining my muscles and know it’s going to give me hell the next day. OEVs are very strong, trailing neon afterimages as the nystagmus moves my eyes in rapid fire. I’m starting to notice rapid lightning flashes in my vision. I don’t know if this is a result of the eye movements or not, but this and the increasingly worrying muscle tension and clonus manages to somehow force into my reptilian brain the fear of a possible seizure. I’ve had one before and terrifyingly it was on almost the same dose of MDA with nothing else added…

Something must be done. If I’m going to die tonight I may as well die comfortably and not in some weird contorted catatonic position. I dig out 3mg clonazepam and 9mg eszopiclone and down them all (sorry, no urine chaser). This isn't a great comfort as I have benzo moderate tolerance to benzodiazepines. Also the time I had a seizure on MDA I also had a decent amount of clonzepam and etizolam in me.

+7:00 – The hoped for physical relief has not lived up to my hopes. Maybe the sedatives have helped and the intensity is just increasing. Maybe even that dose of sedatives isn’t going to do much in this case. What is becoming apparent is the amnesiac properties which in the case of eszopiclone are quite profound. Things were confusing enough before that I could not imagine it getting any worse, but it is. My mental state became strongly dissociated, but not surpassingly still very enjoyable. I doubt there was a thing in the world that could have made things unpleasant at that point. I do recall thinking something along the lines of “if I could feel neurons dying, this would probably be it” and honestly to some extent it almost surely was.
My sense of humor is much exaggerated. I find the visual image conjured by odd phrases hilarious, sort of a strange Germanic sense of humor. Two peanuts were walking across the street, haha get it? Peanuts can’t possibly walk across the street how funny.

+12:00 – For brevity I will wind things down. Things are still very intense actually, but a bit more tolerable. Mentally no better, but physically some improvement. I think I am so physically tired I am forced to relax a bit.

+19:00 – Amazingly stilled moderately altered visually and mentally.

Post: The next day was spend being lazy with no shortage of beer, cigarettes, and NSAIDs. My body is a temple. Besides the expected residual mood elevation, I had a mixed bag of survivor’s guilt and euphoria. I absolutely enjoyed this experience, but I also doubt I will ever be able to top it. I feel like I assumed serious risk here and I would not be willing to attempt it again, much less exceed it dose wise. The week or so after I was emotionally volatile and uncharacteristically melancholy. I also experienced serious mental deficits and neurological migraines.

I thought this was an interesting combination that might be worth sharing. In summary this relatively high dose combination of MDA/MDMA/Mescaline was intense, enjoyable, very confusing, and at times slightly uncomfortable. I think it’s something worth experiencing, but in more moderate amounts.

Last edited:
Haha I liked the part about the scissoring problems . :)

Also this report is clearly sponsored by Gatorade.