The new phish appreciation thread

Sorry for all the posts. My mistake. The only thing that could have made this better is if the show was at Walt Disney World.

They soundchecked forbins>mockingbird and Esther tonight. God damn gamehenge. Jerrys been dead for 20 years today as well. Standing on the moon?

I fully expect none of that to happen, but it's fun to dream.

Eh, no big deal. I was posting that shit from my couch while watching the stream cuz I was bored. That's what we do on the main drug board I post on during the shows, but everyone dorks out and talks about the show while it's going on. I typically can't see my phone when I'm actually at a show.
I've been fading in and out pretty heavy these past few weeks. This weekend reeled me in and brought me down to earth. Kewl
ChickenScratch , I decided I'll do a little research and do at least a small tour with Phish. If I have the cash, a month would be cool. I'd have to start planning now.

I've been fading in and out pretty heavy these past few weeks. This weekend reeled me in and brought me down to earth. Kewl
ChickenScratch , I decided I'll do a little research and do at least a small tour with Phish. If I have the cash, a month would be cool. I'd have to start planning now.

Well ya got plenty of time to plan since they ain't doing a fall tour. I think they're gonna cut an album though. I would definitely recommend hitting the road for a month with them next summer. If I had the time and didn't have stupid grown up shit to tend to, I definitely would. They sound as good as I've ever heard them right now.

I have grown up shit to do also;) I had cancer and chemo last year. I look at a summer tour as getting to live a little. I'll start couch touring. Btw, not to geek out, but having re listened to the show, that Blossom show was pretty good."Roses are free" is one of the high lights of that show. That part of the show was flowing nicely. Very smooth show.

Well I'm glad to hear you're on the mend. Maybe hitting the road for a bit would be really good for you. Yea, you got an absolute scorcher of a show.

How about Trey calling out Ween at the end of "Roses Are Free" at Blossom show?

Come on, people. Lets get this thread moving with some phish stuff.
I listened to Phish, 7/19/03 @ Alpine Valley. That show was a smoker for sure.

Decent audio. First set looked awesome. Haven't been listening tonight though

http://mixlr.com/the-kush-bush/

During the opener they didn't even have the speakers turned on in the lawn. Then in the very very top of the lawn they cranked it so loud that the bass from that speaker but sound from stage were not in sync. Sounded like total shit. Of course the pavilion was mind blowing. They pretty much ripped it from start to finish. Trey was having fun. Being able to only see these 2 nights (besides the ball) I can say I definitely wasn't let down. But the 2nd night at alpine looks really sick

Ok cancel what I said about only seeing the philly shows. No reason not to go to MMP.

As far as lot now-a-days, it's depressing. I mean, I get it - we were all young and started out somewhere at some point- but these kids are clueless. I guess when you can say it's nothing like it was 15, 16, 17 years ago though, you know you're getting old :(

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend some decent, non police state venues to see Phish?
Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio is a very acoustically friendly, beautiful venue.
The scene was very friendly, and nobody was getting hassled. I heard Virginia was nice.

Last edited:
I wouldn't spend my time worrying about cops. just be smart.

That said, places to be extra careful are anywhere in Alabama, Alpine Valley and the gorge

But I've been to all and never had any problems. The only time I got popped on tour was in Irvine, CA. But I didn't even make it to the lot. I was lost before the show and driving like an idiot and got pulled over>searched>3 days in the clink.

Also had some troubles in council bluffs, IA on panic tour but I out smarted those cock suckers