The new phish appreciation thread

Best first set of tour by a long shot. Indoors phish is the best. I might make it through some of the second set tonight

7/29/15
Awful Dallas

I: Tube, Geulah, PYITE>Steam>Poor Fart, NICU, I Didn't Know, Stealing Time From The Faulty Plan, Divided Sky, Squirming Coil

Good show tonight. First set was nuts, shit mellowed in the second, but a strong show regardless.

7/29/15
Awful Dallas

I: Tube, Geulah, PYITE>Steam>Poor Fart, NICU, I Didn't Know, Stealing Time From The Faulty Plan, Divided Sky, Squirming Coil

II: Chalkdust>Simple>Silent In The Morning, The Line, Birds, Fuego>Julius>Hood

E: The Connection, First Tube

Chicken, the last time I saw phish was at festival 8. Honestly, I was kind of bored. I really haven't listened to much newer phish besides a little bit of the miami new years run since then but there were some hot spots. Do you think they are still progressing and getting a bit looser? I just felt like a lot of it was composed stuff and not too much improvisation. I've been wanting to go see them again but don't want to be disappointed, ya know?

Chicken, the last time I saw phish was at festival 8. Honestly, I was kind of bored. I really haven't listened to much newer phish besides a little bit of the miami new years run since then but there were some hot spots. Do you think they are still progressing and getting a bit looser? I just felt like a lot of it was composed stuff and not too much improvisation. I've been wanting to go see them again but don't want to be disappointed, ya know?

I mean, that's been the biggest complaint about 3.0, they don't get as far out there as they used to. The days of 4 and 5 song second sets are definitely over. I guess I think it's a good and a bad thing. On one hand, they are playing really fucking tight, and that's awesome, but I definitely miss some of the super exploratory stuff.

That being said, they definitely have their moments. Personally, I really love what this band is doing right now. It's not 1998 anymore and I've come to terms with that. They do what they want and they're still writing new songs and are obviously having a blast on stage.

Tahoe Tweezer from 2013, 40 minutes of sickness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ70aAWxB1Q

15 minute wedge from last summer (I really like this one)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM-IKPxSCMw

And this is some really good shit from Shoreline just last weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW9DztoU3fA

I listened to festival 8....had some decent moments but all in all not that great. I'd definitely give them another chance. Last nights show was ridiculously good.

And they also started using Chalkdust as a major 2nd set jam vehicle. There are some big nasty ones out there from last year.

I'm pretty excited for this weekend. Lots of friends coming in from out of town. Party bus for both nights. Drugs procured. We are professionals.

I like early 90's phish a lot. But I like late 90's phish more betterer

I think if there is one year that could be better than 97-98 I would say it's 95. But you're talking about two different bands when talking those eras. Although Halloween 96 is prolly my favorite show I ever attended. God, I'm nerding out good in here.

most recent Divided Sky..

If interested this channel is uploading a lot of the shows from the current tour.

I found the channel on YouTube. They have a great "Birds of a feather" from the same sow. 7/29/15. ^Thanks for posting.

I listened to the Harry Hood/Cavern, which was okay. I thought it was cool they played 'My Friend, My Friend' recently but wasn't impressed, same with 'Divided Sky' and NICU.

It's Phish though so a good show could pop up at anytime..like this one...

(entire shows here)

fav song was ghost from this show...

Last edited:
I usually see 3 or 4 a year.

Used to be more like 20 or 25 a year.

I have to say, I think these two Atlanta shows were the best shows I've seen since the first hiatus. I wish they were playing this fall.

Thanks for that breakdown Chicken. I'm giving those a spin right now. Maybe I'll catch NYE this year. Are they doing Miami again?

Last three shows had huge jams in them. Off the top of my head Ghost, KDF, Reba, Tweezer, Carini, Sand, DwD, 2001

Not sure what they're doing for NYE. All I know is that they aren't playing a fall tour, which is super lame