• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

I think you might need 25 posts to private message. I could be wrong though...it's been a long time since I was at that point

I think I saw there were limitations. I'm doing really well since I joined. Just from reading old threads. I even went to my class reunion this weekend and enjoyed myself very much. Getting a reprieve from my isolated life was something I needed

I think you might need 25 posts to private message. I could be wrong though...it's been a long time since I was at that point

I searched high and low to find you. You were so calm and comforting when I found the page. I'm beginning my taper. One 10mg norco per day. Have been at 30 to 40 for over a week. In your opinion am I just prolonging my agony?

Hey, rural, welcome to TDS and the Recovery Forums.<3 I think one of the greatest things we have to offer is a place to end the isolation so many people feel when they are going through this. Your story is both unique and similar to everyone's: you didn't set out to get addicted to anything!

It sounds like you have a lot of life challenges (isolation and going from being a career person to a housewife/stay at home mom) and that those need as much attention as your challenges with pain and pain meds. There are quite a few parents of young children on here so maybe we should start a virtual parent support group! I know back when I went from working to staying home it was quite an emotional adjustment but I was in a small city and there were lots of resources for me to connect with other moms. I know that's different in the country but I wonder if there is anything in your area?

Just my church. Which I have been almost avoiding since my life has started spinning out of control. I have been only been taking 30 to 40mg a day for over a week. I have 15 left. Tomorrow I am going to start my take one a day taper. I am frankly terrified

Hey Ruralgram...Click on name of person you want to private message. Then select "message" and proceed. I "think" you are limited to the number/duration of time you message. :\ Go ahead, try it now. I'm no expert, but I'll help if I can.
I guess I'm too new still to pm. How are you doing sweetie?

:! Halefuckingluliah for Auto Restore...Once again user failure almost lost my response to ya, rural!

If I weren't more persistent than a yeast infection, I wouldn't keep coming back due to tech difficulties. Dumb ass, indeed.

Hey there...I was thinking (perhaps incorrectly) that I was able to send a PM before 25 posts. I will try to PM you, if that helps. We all need encouragement, no matter the cross we bear.

I've checked back here so often, hoping you'd post. I was looking forward to having another cyber sis to type to! =D

Sounds like you've done a GREAT JOB lowering your dosage. Would it help to split those remaining pills to spread throughout the remaining days?

I just re-read your intro post and reminded myself of why I liked you instantly. I too am new to this site, and often feel like a catfish out of water. I don't find many folks here who understand why I don't want to start big gun opiates. And yes, I'm certain my posts give a dumb ASS impression of me as well.

I never got into recreational drugs...just some booze for parties back in the day. Jurassic Park is old home for me. Yep, I'm older than dirt when compared to other BLers. I don't have the experience or the knowledge, which is a double edged sword of sorts. I DO have legit pain and the need for legit information based on their knowledge. I'm not throwing shade...just a newby oldy I guess.

I'm kinda like Big Sean's "IDGAF"...across the board these days. Lippy? That's me, I guess. Just ask my husband. =D But we just celebrated my 54th birthday and our 35th wedding anniversary in July. We're doing something right.

Gonna try to post before this becomes a ghost...poet and all that I am.

I started a new thread in Sober Living titled It's Getting Real since I'm on the journey as of this morning. Oy vay. Dix I felt a connection too. Especially when I saw your user name!

Yo Rural!

Welcome and don't psyche yourself out! Take it slow. It's great you realize that you would like a life that isn't dependent on opiates! Tapering down is gonna help you loads. Remember that it's all over in a week or two and you never have to feel that way again - although it does sound like you need the pain meds so have you explored how you will manage your use? I just got clean from a heroin habit and I have found meeting with an addiction counselor is very helpful. I have heard Suboxone can do wonders for chronic pain and stop the abuse too. Others here will know more than me, but I just wanted to tell you that you aren't alone, we've all been through it. Don't let the horror stories get to you - yeah it's bad to go through withdrawal but we have all done it and are here to fight another day. Most of us another withdrawal as well 8) Wishing you good luck and posi vibes!

Yo Rural!

Welcome and don't psyche yourself out! Take it slow. It's great you realize that you would like a life that isn't dependent on opiates! Tapering down is gonna help you loads. Remember that it's all over in a week or two and you never have to feel that way again - although it does sound like you need the pain meds so have you explored how you will manage your use? I just got clean from a heroin habit and I have found meeting with an addiction counselor is very helpful. I have heard Suboxone can do wonders for chronic pain and stop the abuse too. Others here will know more than me, but I just wanted to tell you that you aren't alone, we've all been through it. Don't let the horror stories get to you - yeah it's bad to go through withdrawal but we have all done it and are here to fight another day. Most of us another withdrawal as well 8) Wishing you good luck and posi vibes!

I needed to hear that. I haven't been able to see past that two week period. Thank you for alleviating some of the fear. The pain I have honestly is bearable on a good day. When I am in pain I could eat the whole bottle and it wouldn't touch it. I have to go to er and get I've dilaudid. The pain is so bad that heavy iv meds are all that work. The pain comes and goes but dear Lord it is awful. And my blood pressure gets crazy high. They have admitted me there timed this year to get my blood pressure and pain under control then do a spinal tap on me to check csf level and drain excess fluid. The constant pain stopped when my shunt was placed. But I still have hydrocephalus bouts that suck. I know I don't need them but I take them like tick tacs when I get them filled then just take a few a day. I feel like they've taken over my life. I hate that. Thank you for your kind words