• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2015/2016 NFL Thread v. yfw da jest win da superb owl

0 YEARS: 65 DAYS: 19 HOURS: 45 MINUTES: 10 SECONDS TILL KICK OFF.

I'm really starting to jones pretty hard.. bring on the season.

Regular season. Preseason starts August 9th.

I just want training camp to start. I feel like a crack addict during these 6 weeks of nothing.

Regular season. Preseason starts August 9th.

I just want training camp to start. I feel like a crack addict during these 6 weeks of nothing.
Hell yeah! I'm buying my ticket for the falcons vs eagles week 1 MNF game in ATL on Friday. Get to finally see what all Chips crazy moves have gotten the team.

The Eagles are going to be super interesting to watch this season. I'm actually pretty excited, which is weird because they're not the Bills.

The Eagles are going to be super interesting to watch this season. I'm actually pretty excited, which is weird because they're not the Bills.

It's all going to come down to Sam Bradford. If he stays healthy and plays reasonably well then we make the playoffs. If that happens and the defence matures into a top 15 group then I think we can make a run. Lots of ifs there but I really do trust chip.

I was actually pulling for the Bills to try and make a trade for Bradford at the beginning of the offseason before they made all those signings. Looks like we'll be going with EJ Manuel again!

yeah like crimson said, its all about Bradford. I remember talking shit on him when china rider was hyping up the rams and I have a feeling he doesnt make it to week 10. but thats just my pessimistic outlook on the team

their o line isnt AS solid as it has been, on paper at least. I think that first year with chip was just the high water mark tbh, no injuries that was crazy. still have two solid tackles though and demarco murray should be able to have a decent season if he stays healthy

but Idk if that will happen either. dallas ran him into the ground last year. I have this nightmare scenario where Demarco gets hurt in the first game and we go 5-12

the defense is actually... not bad though. I like maxwell, I like alonso, I like the draft pick of eric rowe from utah, jenkins should still be decent, but idk, chip kelly just never seems to have good defenses. I dont think he really cares too much about it in all honesty. it's definitely an afterthought, which is why its hard to expect much out of them. They just need to try and force as many turnover as possible and forget about how many yards they give up because they will be on the field a lot.

Im not really sure what chip is trying to do tbh. he is treating the nfl like college. where he gets rid of anyone who tries to go against the grain. that's cool when your team is winning but if you miss the playoffs again I might have to call bullshit on your "sports science" dogma and wait painfully for this coaching experiment to end

yeah like crimson said, its all about Bradford. I remember talking shit on him when china rider was hyping up the rams and I have a feeling he doesnt make it to week 10. but thats just my pessimistic outlook on the team

their o line isnt AS solid as it has been, on paper at least. I think that first year with chip was just the high water mark tbh, no injuries that was crazy. still have two solid tackles though and demarco murray should be able to have a decent season if he stays healthy

but Idk if that will happen either. dallas ran him into the ground last year. I have this nightmare scenario where Demarco gets hurt in the first game and we go 5-12

the defense is actually... not bad though. I like maxwell, I like alonso, I like the draft pick of eric rowe from utah, jenkins should still be decent, but idk, chip kelly just never seems to have good defenses. I dont think he really cares too much about it in all honesty. it's definitely an afterthought, which is why its hard to expect much out of them. They just need to try and force as many turnover as possible and forget about how many yards they give up because they will be on the field a lot.

Im not really sure what chip is trying to do tbh. he is treating the nfl like college. where he gets rid of anyone who tries to go against the grain. that's cool when your team is winning but if you miss the playoffs again I might have to call bullshit on your "sports science" dogma and wait painfully for this coaching experiment to end

I think Chip has two years left to put together a winning team. Barring a crazy bad 2-14 disaster this year or something. Even though honestly that wouldn't be the worst thing that ever happened because we need a franchise QB. I don't thnk you can consistently compete for division titles and super bowls without one. At the end if the day I want a fucking super bowl victory! If Bradford plays like he has the talent too and is a top 10 qb this year then we will be in the playoffs. Whether we go past the first round will depend on our secondary. If they can become a top 15 group then I think we have a chance.

I'm also worried about the receiving core. We have no fucking depth there to speak of.

Bills going for Bradford would have made tons of sense

dreaming about the Steelers offense on a gloomy day... sigh... so many touchdowns...

I'm also worried about the receiving core. We have no fucking depth there to speak of.
jordan matthews
nelson agholor
miles austin
riley cooper
josh huff

and a few others. plus celek and ertz at te. looks pretty good to me.

alasdair

Yeah im not worried about their receiving core really, for all the reasons alasdair mentioned. I think ertz has a nice year if they find ways to get him the ball

Jordan matthews is a legit #1 receiver imo. Especially if you surround him with other good players. Im interested to see how huff and agholar pan out.

I just dont know about Bradford man. He always gets hurt

cbs sports likes it too: Offseason Extra: Eagles passing game

i drafted ertz in my ff team last year and he was great for a couple or three weeks as expected. then they stopped using him and he bust.

looks like there's a good chance he'll play a bigger role again this year. having a te who can contribute 10 points a week is huge. and there are not that many reliable tes.

alasdair

Last edited:
antonio gates suspended 4 games for cheating. your thoughts (dwe)?

alasdair

lots of four game suspensions for drugs and PEDs this year

I dunno, that receiving corps doesn't look too great to me, but I am a Steelers fan whom has been particularly blessed in that aspect the last decade

"best wr corp in the nfl"? maybe.

so, this coming season, who is it?

i think the steelers are in the picture but colts have to be #1 surely? and packers and broncos look pretty damn good.

honorable mention? gm's bills.

alasdair

Packers are at the top for sure. I still have nightmares about how Jordy Nelson ripped the Steelers apart their last Super Bowl

Lions just because Megatron is the best WR this decade, you can pair any other #2 or #3 WR and he will get catches due to teams double-teaming him

Broncos are good - Emmanuel Sanders is great, and Cody Latimer should have a break out season

Bills might be good but they will suffer by not having a competent QB to get them the ball

Steelers are sitting pretty again at WR this year. it was crazy when my team had Emmanuel Sanders, Mike Wallace, and Antonio Brown all on the same team at the same time - that's why I proudly declared Pittsburgh to have the best WR corps at that time. notably, both Sanders and Wallace moved on to absolute monster contracts to Denver and Miami respectively. good move by the front office, as we signed Antonio Brown and didn't fall into the temptation that Mike Wallace - a sickening diva - brought. however, Pittsburgh drafted insanely well at WR last year and again this year. WR Martavis Bryant set the world on fire last season with TDs, even after missing the first four games. this second-year player is poised to have a stunning season. Markus Wheaton is good enough as the #3 option, but I am extremely interested in seeing what WR Sammie Coates will bring to the table

throw in an always dependable TE Heath Miller and maybe the best all around RB in the NFL - LeVeon Bell - and you will see why I am so excited about this Pitt offense this year. something the Steelers haven't done all decade, but did last year, was get the ball to RB Bell through a check-down progression when QB Big Ben was about to get sacked or feeling pressure, was beautiful in it's simplicity. if Big Ben feels pocket disruption he will check down to Bell in the flats, and Bell is so damn good that that option Is extremely scary, and best thing is Ben doesn't have to eat dirt for once

I am thinking Martavis Bryant breaks 1,000 yards this year and becomes a Pro Bowler. Antonio Brown will also have a great season, as expected. if Wheaton and Coates can add a little something then the "Steel Curtain" moniker belongs to the Pittsburgh offense, for once

Last edited:
Lions just because Megatron is the best WR this decade, you can pair any other #2 or #3 WR and he will get catches due to teams double-teaming him

hey man, can't discredit Golden Tate either. he did great when Megatron was out last season.

antonio gates suspended 4 games for cheating. your thoughts (dwe)?

alasdair

i think its a bunch of crap..

4 games? brady fucking cheated to win a superbowl and got 4 games.

should be a 2 game with a fine. IMO

gates is till one of the best TEs of this generation