• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Needle exchange and age?

jonsjohnson

Greenlighter
Do you think a needle exchange would service a minor? Especially if they look like one? SWIM is a well-enough experienced IV user, he can inject himself perfectly fine, but wants his own clean needles to stop using others' used ones.

yes that's the point, you're using other peoples used needles and the entire concept of a needle exchange is harm reduction. If they refuse to serve you, tell them that you are using others used needles, and they will most definetely serve you, but I doubt they would refuse to serve you in the first place.

SWIM isnt used here
naw they wont care about the age the main purpose of those services is for harm reduction they rather give you fresh needles instead of you using a used one
you can even go to places like cvs walgreen etc and you can buy new needles if they give you shit all you have to say is its for insulin

goodluck and i hope you are able to use a fresh needle everytime

Last edited:
Actually in NJ you have to have a prescription for needles, but I will try the needle exchange. I know the point is for harm reduction but I feel like they won't want to be responsible for a young kid. Either way I will try, thanks.

In Bellingham Washington I was 17 when I started going. And to get around the prescription issue there are 3 ways I know of and 1 if getting a ten pack at walgreens or cvs DO NOT SAY its for insulin but rather say "personal use" and leave it at that 2nd way is to by a box of 100 from walmart cause they never ask questions and finally find some small hole in the wall pharmacy and wear some decent cloths and don't look like a wasted teenager, say you need 10 of them for your Aunt and act really dumb about it maybe even make a fake call asking size, its worked for me before in Orange County California where its illegal to but without a script. Good Luck!

when my mother ran out of needles for her insulin i went and bought some from walgreens well the first time i actually said personal use and they denied me
the second store i said it was indeed for insulin and i bought them no problem
guess it varies from states to states or a stroke of luck im in tx

update: I did a little research and found that that in NJ, as of 3 years ago, pharmacies are allowed to sell you up to 10 without a prescription, 18 years and older at the discretion of the pharmacist. I called the local pharmacy and she confirmed that they can sell up to 10, but I was too nervous to ask about prices and stuff. How much do they cost wherever you guys are at? I think I'm just gonna go in there and say I don't have ID. It's worth a try.

A 10 pack is cheap, I'm not sure if you can discuss specific prices here on Blue Light, but a 10 pack here in Wisconsin costs about as much as 3 small cheeseburgers from McDonald's ;) hope that price description helps you out lol

But you shouldn't have an issue at the needle exchange with your age, they don't ask for an ID or at least they don't in Wisconsin, I know I started going there when I was like 15, I do believe they ask your age but I'm pretty sure I just lied and said I was 18 and trust me I didn't look 18 at all when I was 15. They aren't most likely gonna give you a hard time, mine as well get them for free if you have the option and even if your not returning any dirty needles they will most likely give you more than 10 if you ask for an extra pack or two, especially if you say you help out other friends of yours with clean needles and you want a few extra for them. The ones around here encourage to give out clean rigs to your friends if they cant or wont come to the needle exchange.

ya Id say if anything they'd be a little more inclined to help you out and set you up proper..

look at it this way, regardless of your age you're already going into a needle exchange. that already means you're well into the "game" and the people who work at exchanges will know this right away because 99.999% of the time people who work there are users or ex users so they know how things roll. theyre there to help you, not to potentially vilify you for whatever reason.

they want to help you, and they are glad you are going there.

They probably won't ask your age. I'd advise you not to volunteer it, because they may not be allowed to service minors if they know you're a minor.

Definitely do not volunteer your age. Depending on local laws, they could get in hot shit if they knowingly serve a minor, but most needle exchanges are going to operate under a don't ask, don't tell policy. They won't ask, you don't tell, no one gets into any trouble.