• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Ritalin XR First time

passion4cannabis

Bluelighter
So i got a script for Ritalin 20mg, it says modified released which i guess is the extended release version in USA. How much should i take first time and what will i expect from it? Is there a way to get high from the XR version too?

If you open the capsule, little balls will be inside, crush them up into a fine powder and snort, try just one until you get a feel for it; 20mg snorted is plenty for a first timer. My first time doing Ritalin I had a 30mg capsule orally and boy I felt it allright! Also use the search engine, this has been answered numerous times. I might add however if you are prescribed them for ADHD you might be going down a slippery slope in regards to getting any benefit from what you have actually been prescribed them for. But who am I to judge. If I had a Ritalin script I admit it would all go up my nose. But as always Be careful and have fun!

Thanks homie domie! I got it scriped for my ADHD/ADD i don't really know if i have it tho.... How long does the XR version orally last for tho? I took it maybe 1-2 hours ago and i dont feel anything at all (maybe very subtle) but i have cleaned my room which i hadnt done in forever so i guess its working lol! I swallowed 20mg of the extended release, or is it really an extended release ritalin? Is it better/worse than instant release? Thanks !

Your welcome, If you cleaned your room it definitely worked hahaha, I think the modified release pills release the drug for about 12 hours but don't quote me on that one coz it might be 24 hours. 1 tablet would not be very strong but it definitely would've gave you energy. If it says modified relaease on the box, then its modified release. (modified, extended, continuous release all basically mean the same bullshit.) My personal opinion on Instant release vs Extended release is extended is better because they come in higher doses, the modified release is easily removed (hence crushing the little balls). So you are getting more bang for your buck rather than crushing and railing 5 or 6 10mg ir pills which is the equivalent of putting a sandpit up your nose, just crack open two 40mg caps snort those suckers and get way higher and less shit to snort. As for therapeutically which is better that's upto you. I don't use stimulants therapeutically so I cant speculate in that area im sorry mate.

If you plan on abusing your meds, which I might add I don't recommend I would recommend opening up two capsules, place on a hard flat surface with plenty of room for balls to go flying everywhere. Get a desert spoon, and crush it up with the bottom of the spoon sortve rolling it all over the little balls. Once its in a fine powder divide into 6 little lines, have 4 of those lines which equals about 25mg roughly insufflated and that should give a pretty good rush. and then if needed rail the other lines once you start to feel it wear off if you want to keep it going. Ritalin doesn't last long, as quick as it comes, its gone.

Thanks alot once again! I might do it recreationally some time, maybe tomorrow or later tonight. The pill seem to be working, im happily doing productive things :)
How is the "high" when done recreationally?

^ you get speedy, motivated, talkative, no hunger. if you get higher you can be sweating, mind and heart racing, feeling full of energy but not using it for anything

I compare the high to cocaine. Sortve. Its like being more awake than you have ever been. You get happy, you get abit of a rush sometimes quiet intense with Ritalin aswell. Other thsan that its typical stimulant effects, as the above poster wrote, motivated and talkative. You feel like you wanna connect with everybody and talk and just want to get to know everyone. Even people you remotely know become interesting. If you take to much it can get jittery though so go easy.

I just snorted a 20mg pill, crushed all the balls up into powder and snorted it about 10 minutes ago, i can't feel anything.. It's weird ive snorted oxycodone in the past too and didnt feel a thing, i even took BIG doses for someone with no tolerance, am i snorting it wrong or something? All drugs i snort just go to waste. :p

Stimulant highs can be subtle. like I mean you can be high without noticing at first. I once gave my ex girlfriend 4 dexies. she said she couldn't feel anything yet she was up allnight talking to me and cleaning. that's not her. She was definitely high. Give it another 5 or so minutes. It usually takes about 15 - 20 mins for me. if you don't feel anything by then maybe go for another. and if that don't work then I have no idea.

also aslong as your snorting technique involves the powder going all the way up your nose, your doing it right. You cant really not snort properly IMO.

Thanks for the help man, i probably am high without even noticing it lol. I could go for another one but i dunno, so snorted takes a while to kick in? When does it come down? <3

Not a problem mate, I have heaps of experience with Ritalin and Dexies. I love kiddies coke! anyways, for me it takes about 15 or 20 mins tops. You would be fine to have another particularly if that first one didn't do the trick, if 40mg up the nose doesn't atleast make you feel more alert and give abit of a buzz then somethings up that I cannot explain.

Wow i feel so euphoric, pleasureable tingling all around my body and im really sociable, This is what cocaine would feel like if i can guess (never tried it) lmfao, feel pretty damn euphoric tho :) geeze! peace & love!

HAHAHA !! We got there! patience is everything when it comes to drugs my friend. Have a fun night mate I am envious of you, here I am in bed sober as a nun doing sweet Fuck all. stay safe bro.

Oh and yes Ritalin is similar to coke in feeling just not as intense and it sortve feels abit more dirty of a high.

Hahaha youre fucking awesome dude! Listen to some good tunes and know that the universe loves you! Sending good vibes!!!!

I was prescribed Ritalin both IR (instant release), and XR (extended release/Concerta).

I would just take it as prescribed orally; but once I railed 15mg of it. I did not get a high from it, and I hated the drip. I just stayed up all night reading books since it was summer, and I would have times during the night when it was working and times when it was not, and it was like this for the entire time I was on it. It felt like I had allergies, and I don't regret the experience since it just taught me that I hate railing anything.

IME drugs like this are best taken as prescribed then get high off getting things done.

Oh and yes Ritalin is similar to coke in feeling just not as intense and it sortve feels abit more dirty of a high.

I swear I didn´t feel anything when I used Ritalin. It was just like drinking coffee.
A relative of mine who is 14 years old takes it as prescribed, but has abused it a couple of times. She wanted to get a buzz I guess. Nothing.