• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

what gets u fit

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
What gets you fittest fastest? Running jogging or brisk walking? Thanks in advance

This question is so generalized I can't even think of how to approach it...

Lets define what you see as "fit"? Is it being lean? Having a muscular build? Looking like a mutant with slabs of beef on every part of your body?

There is no right way to get into shape, but there is plenty of wrong ones!

In terms of aerobic exercise, it all depends on your goal. Jogging while maintaining a BPM of 120-130 keeps you in the prime realm that fosters lypolysis (fatty acid metabolism)

Full out sprints can also be beneficial especially if utilized in a circuit training ideology.

In the end though you can run all day long, but if you don't eat right then don't expect any real results.

Look at it this way on your conquest to become "fit"....

The body is more intelligent and adaptive than what most acknowledge. It will adapt and overcome adversity and become accustomed to set routines. In order to further yourself along with overall development, you must continually manipulate and alter the variables that you utilize in your exercise regime. The plateau is a real thing, but it is easier to avoid it with proper knowledge than to get stuck on it and fight against the relentless tide.

Now in regards to becoming fit within the smallest period of time...

Learn proper nutrition. Most humans teeter on the minimalist approach to their nutrition. Some may adequately cover most areas, but in order to achieve maximal results you have to become superior in your nutrition. When you first go about crafting a rough draft for a diet to follow just keep it simple. There is no need to over complicate the process and become frustrated like so many before you.

Just follow the simple yet most important rule: If you want to gain weight you have to consume more calories than you expend (hypercaloric state). If you want to lose weight you have to burn more calories than you consume. (hypocaloric state)

Personally, I was a skinny little kid all my life and always passed it off to my genetics. I tried everything in my teens and even used AAS before I even knew what I was doing. I never got the satisfactory progress that I envisioned for myself until I sat down and took the time to educate myself on nutrition. You will learn there is no black and white with dieting. Honestly it is just gray 24/7. There is no perfect guideline and even after you understand your body's individual response to the things you do and become in tune, it will still need more fine tuning.
It is a arduous journey regardless of your genetics, willpower or discipline. The individuals that are successful are the ones that are always willing to learn. The guys that funnel hedonistic broscience into your cranium are the ones that never got the memo.

Good luck! This board will help you with anything. just ask.

Last edited:
I will simplify as best as I can...

Running will get you nowhere if you don't know how to eat right. I'm not talking about eating with a conscientious mind. I'm talking about recording every single little thing you eat and follow the patterns of your notes to determine what you respond to best. Nobody can help you get fit except yourself. Even us telling you, "Hey this is good or that is good." is still futile because we all respond differently. Go outside and run for a while. If you see results stick with it, but if you don't then try a brisk jog.

Try swimming. Pick up weights. Read a book about nutrition. Self education is the key to having a successful dieting regime and achieving your goal of how you want to look.

At the end of the day its all up to you. Do you have to record everything and take notes on changes or notions? No. However why would you want to do something and not give it a 110%?

Last edited:
What gets you fittest fastest? Running jogging or brisk walking? Thanks in advance

For a really simple answer, HIIT (high intensity interval training) is probably what you're looking for. Just a few minutes a day can transform cardiovascular fitness as well or even better than hours of lower intensity running. Here's a short simple article from runners world to give you an intro.

I wish I could simplify a solid answer using less than 50 sentences ^ lol You must show me the secret!

meh I tried at least...

What bout an exercise bike?

HIIT would work perfectly with an exercise bike. It is interval training ideology in essence.

You have short blast of high intensity, for instance on a bike pedal as fast as you can for 5 minutes followed by 10-15 minutes of moderate/light pedaling to recover for next blast. I typically stuck to an hour or two depending upon my goal, but if you give it your all then you'll feel it after an hour.

I swear by crawling. Obviously it looks retarded if you do it in public like this guy, but start off with 5 minutes and you will see results quickly

Thanks I get it now.

But what's ideology ?

Last edited by a moderator:
OTW: I was listening to a song with lyrics that went something like 'I keep crawling back to you' and I started to watch that video.. I spit juice all over my keyboard :D

But with gloves on wouldn't your knuckles hurt? All this exercise is new to me