• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Kicking H C/T, advice, suggestions?

FinallyKickinIt

Greenlighter
I'll do my best to keep this short and to the point, but it is my first post so cut me a little slack if I go overboard - I have a lot to share about SWIM.

From 2008 to 2009, somewhere between 12 and 18 months, <I> used oxycontin 80mgs everyday. Toward the tail end, right around the time the feds made them very difficult to obtain, <I> was up to about 800mg a day. The supply dried up and <I> turned to heroin for a very short time(maybe a month) before deciding to kick C/T. SWIM used 4 mgs of xanax a day for the first 5 days, then pure Thomas Recipe from there on out. Acute symptoms stayed with <me> until about 12 days (peaked sometime during <my> xanax coma days 1-5), followed by about 2-3 months of general depression, anxiety, malaise - but <I> was successful -- and for about 5 years (other than a very short lived bout with morphine after a couple shoulder surgeries - which never resulted in any dependence physical or otherwise.)

Now almost a year ago to the day, <I> began a pretty laid back oxycodone habit (2 30mgs, maybe twice a week) because during <my>' time being sober SWIM got SWIMS' life together, earned a degree and got a damn good job right out of the gate (with which came $$$$$$) and the means to score. Now, a year later, <my>' habit has become about 4 bags a day of H, snorted everyday. (<I> has never consumed any drugs in any fashion other than sublingually/orally, nasal insufflation or smoking)

<i> began kicking C/T 3 days ago but has slipped and took a tiny bump offered from a friend (half a bag worth) tonight. <I AM> kicking themselves because in all honesty the symptoms were more inconvenient than unbearable. The anxiety sucks but <I> excels at staying positive so it doesn't lead to full blown depression (except for an occasional 5 minute sob, or getting super emotional talking to a loved one about SWIMS addiction) really just the RLS and the fact that <i> cannot find benzos to knock themselves out through the worst of it is what made SWIM slip tonight.

I should add that <I> smokes somewhere between 1/16 and 1/8 of an oz of marijuana a day - unsure if that has any effect on the process but have generally felt that smoking (even SUPER potent wax dabs) maybe provides 10 minutes of relief - normally could knock SWIM out for a solid couple of hours.

There's the story - here are the questions...

1) Did I just go back to day 1 of withdrawing and...
2) Is it surprising that <my> experience this time around has seemed, so far, to be less of a hellish nightmare? (as opposed to kicking the first time years ago - mostly an oxycontin habit)

And of course, any advice, support, encouragement is greatly appreciated.

I will close just as I opened, offering an apology. If anything about this post is not up to par with BL rules and regs I am truly sorry - like I said, "First time caller, long time listener..." if you follow. Just a man looking for a hand.

---------------------------

"All of the thoughts you have that you aren't yelling, is a story someone needs to hear that you're not telling."

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure someone will give you a personalized answer OP but I have personally answered this question hundreds of times. There's a mega withdrawal thread and guide on here too if you look around. Also there's a search engine that is good for these kinds of threads. Hate short answer to your question is. Doing heroin did set you back how much? how long? Who knows? It's very individual. Why is it not as bad this time? I dunno? Could be the weed. Could be something else. Either way you will get through it if you stop doing opiates.

Hey kicking it and welcome to BL:)

medications for acute opiate detox

The medications I would explore the use of for detox would be:
>Clonidine< DOSED EVER FOUR HOURS..

one of either
>NEURONTIN< >HERE< >HERE< >here<
OR >Lyrica<
OR >phenibut<

>A BENZO BUT JUST AT NIGHT<
>a nsaid<
>melatonin<
tylenol
Senokot S is a stool softener and laxative. If you do not want the laxative you can go for strait stool softenerDioctyl sodium sulfosuccinate.

(Opi Withdrawal) what is the best comfort meds for opiate w/d?

Your Personal Opiate Withdrawal Arsenal

Last edited:
I wish I could tell you what you wanted to know but everyone is different when it comes to wd. If I was in your position I would have done the same thing and done that little bit of dope that was offered to me. The bad thing about that if it was me anyways is that that would start my sick right back to day one. You just really got to avoid everyone that is involved in that shit. That's just my body though. I know ppl that can use bupe for like a week after coming off dope and not be sick anymore. That is def not me...

Hey kicking it and welcome to BL:)

medications for acute opiate detox

The medications I would explore the use of for detox would be:
>Clonidine< DOSED EVER FOUR HOURS..

one of either
>NEURONTIN< >HERE< >HERE< >here<
OR >Lyrica<
OR >phenibut<

>A BENZO BUT JUST AT NIGHT<
>a nsaid<
>melatonin<
tylenol
Senokot S is a stool softener and laxative. If you do not want the laxative you can go for strait stool softenerDioctyl sodium sulfosuccinate.

(Opi Withdrawal) what is the best comfort meds for opiate w/d?

Your Personal Opiate Withdrawal Arsenal

Why do you say a Benzo just at night? I have PLENTY of 1mg clonazepam and yesterday around 5pm i started taking one an hour and by 9 I was good to get some much needed sleep.

Also - - Since that slip on Sunday its been 36 hours and while I don't feel incredible, I feel more like myself than I have in a while. Usually 36 hours in I can hardly move, im super anxious, rls, etc.... But if I look at it like that little bump didn't send me back all the way is it possible that I'm almost out of the woods?

I wish I could tell you what you wanted to know but everyone is different when it comes to wd. If I was in your position I would have done the same thing and done that little bit of dope that was offered to me. The bad thing about that if it was me anyways is that that would start my sick right back to day one. You just really got to avoid everyone that is involved in that shit. That's just my body though. I know ppl that can use bupe for like a week after coming off dope and not be sick anymore. That is def not me...

You're right, I just went and got a new phone and didn't bring any of my contacts down from the cloud. The effin' cloud. Nevertheless, I'm at the very least a little over 36 hours in and feeling pretty damn good. Fingers crossed.

Thought I'd bump this thread since after a year of sobriety I'm back at it.

Two questions this time, one about withdrawal and one about urinalysis:

I used H about everyday for two months, between .5-.75 g of low quality white snorted (honestly could be fentanyl - no way to be sure) Last week I cut back to the same dose once every 48 hours, the last dose being Wednesday last week. WDs have been nearly non-existent but for the insomnia and a dull headache - both of which I can deal with, it's more of a nuisance than anything else. No anxiety, minimal diarrhea, etc.

So with that, anyone have input on when I might start getting some quality sleep? It's Monday, day 5 now.

Also, if I have a drug test on Thursday - the time it's scheduled will be exactly 8 days and 2 hours since my last dose- should I be good? It's with probation (5 panel and then lab for confirmation if it's positive.)