• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

6Days clean! Couple?'S

Justasimpleguy

Greenlighter
Hello all,

I've been on this forum for awhile now, but this is my first time actually creating an account and posting. I'm a 35 year old "recovering" addict (feels good to say recovering... ha... I know how it all started but I won't bore you with details. I have next to no more physical withdraw systems.. it actually weird.. because physically I feel fine. Its the mental aspect that's really bothering me now.. lack of energy. Going to the store I just want to get in and out. Energy drinks really help me.. I'm also having a horrible time sleeping. I still get some rls but it's not bad at all.... my. Girlfriend is the one who got me to this point and I'm so grateful.. but I've done so much damage to her trust during this battle over 3 years. How did you guys repair your relationships? Also. How long did it take before you could start falling asleep like a Fucking normal person... Thanks is everyone!!!!

Congrats on the first week! I'm assuming this is about opiates. The type of opiate/opioid you were using would also be of great help to perhaps give you a better projection.

OT: Just A Guy has new competition from a guy that's simpler than himself :)

How did you guys repair your relationships? Also. How long did it take before you could start falling asleep like a Fucking normal person... Thanks is everyone!!!!

Hey simpleguy. I went through something very similar, hid the whole addiction for years only to have it publicly outed in front of her family. That relationship lasted another 3 years of me constantly apologizing. It ended quietly and sadly. She was very conservative-christian though, very against any drug use. She always wanted me to quit smoking pot, at age 18.

The sleep, it took a month or so for me to get real sleep. But I'd sleep best when I stayed busy all day. Stay outta the house. The later I got home, the better I'd sleep those nights I was 100% sober. I failed on that, ended on benzos and suboxone eventually. I'm getting there again now, so it's nice to see others that can relate.

Good luck, keep updating.

edit: forgot to mention that weed and thc oils in particular really helped with the restless legs. indica-dominant strains worked best.

Last edited:
Guess I shoulda bored you with details eh? Well.... it all started with injuries sustained in the military... then.. PTSD.. cleaned up my act once I realized there actually was a prob. Then shortly there after. (5 or so) years later I dated this chick who ended up getting me spun up on percocet,etc..I ended up taking suboxon (worst mistake ever - worst and longest lasting withdrawals ever) anyhow I kicked it. Was clean for almost a few months. Ended up getting a kidney stone then being injured during a vertical ventilation cut while up on a roof and broke a rib and bulged a disk in my back.. then the spiral downward I went. Long story short a neighbor introduced me to my arch enemy Heroin... and a two+ year battle with that insued.... multiple attempts to kick.. a few AA meetings. But to be honest. I didn't give it My all.. I truly had to hit rock bottom and have all my dirt aired out for me to see how sick I had become. My girl truly...truly saved my life. She now attends and I very active in all my NA meetings. And I picked up my first sponsor after our NA meeting tonight. Wooohoo!

Last edited:
Yea. Started out with pills. Ended with H.... can't believe I ever even took it there. I went from a 2g a day habit all text way down to about a dub a day as I tapered down. Being that I tapered the physical wd really was not as bad this round. And being that I'm Fucking DONE. This life style is over. I'll always remember that DARk DARK place you go to,in the midst of WD.. and I'll never wanna be there again. Not to mention the immense amount of damage I did to my family/relationship.

I'm Fucking DONE. This life style is over. I'll always remember that DARk DARK place you go to,in the midst of WD.. and I'll never wanna be there again. Not to mention the immense amount of damage I did to my family/relationship.

yea I guess it's just a cycle we're all doomed to repeat as addicts. take a bump, spend all your cash. take another, fuck over your brother. another, u get it. then we get sick of it and grab some perspective. then the really hard shit starts to happen. your family will always forgive you though. in my experience, unless they are straight-up down with you, the process of being an addict and then getting clean won't keep a lot of the "friends" around.

whatever motivation you need, you use. i swear i got sober the last time for simple revenge. if you can use anger and shame to motivate yourself to become better, that's great, because those two are in abundant supply for the drug-abuser/abused.

Going great guys. Closing in on my one month of sobriety. Really feels a lot Better now.. sleeping still gets rough. But I'm making it. It's weird because I Dont really crave... which is most likely because I'm so happy that I kicked this shit. And being rock bottom done with this lifestyle has a lot to do with it.. having my girl who talk to me about it all the time helps immensely. She's so supportive and that is instrumental.. I also have a great sponsor and attend an AWESOME home group for NA.. talking helps so much. Anxiety lets away. Also. I noticed my anxiety is way down now. I'm hoping that the paws side of this is starting to dissipate.