• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

percocets addiction

bigmac155

Greenlighter
hi guys, new member here. i usually go aroiund the forums looking for topics that can relate to mine an compare but i ifigured i might as well post my own personal issue and see if anyone can help me spcifically.

now i know other people on here have been on opiates for a while now, which kind of scares me. i was prescribed 30 percocets after my acl surgery. i finished them in 2 weeks.... called in and got another 30 which is prob my last prescription. knowing that im not gonna get any more than that till my next surgery which is in January my question is here.

am i going to get a withdrawal effects when finish this other 30 set? the time lapse between finishing my first dose of 30 to get the next prescription took a week and i kind of felt fine. my parents are worried i am going to get addictied, which i know can happen.

so ya, hows my life health and life going? as of now i take 3 percs a day and dab some wax on top of that to feel real good. if i know that im not going to get my hands on more percs after this should i really have to worry about addiction and withdrawal? ive dealt with withdrawal before for weed since i dab everyday and then take tolerance breaks. they werent so bad.

I'm new here also but my story started the same way yours did! About 5 years ago I blew my acl and had to have acl replacement surgery, this was the first time I ever had a pain pill. At the time I never!!!!! gave it a second thought on becoming addicted to them, I just took them as prescribed and rehabed my knee, but it planted a seed...... it didn't take me long to realize how they made me feel once my knee was better I found that I was still taking some here and there they took away any social anxiety I had and made my day fly by. Long story short I never took alot over the years maybe 30 to 40 mg. A day but man I was hooked I can say that I am 2 weeks clean from them and feel amazing I feel like I'm in high school again I work out eat right and enjoy life. So what I'm saying is you might not get addicted right away but damn they will plant that seed just be careful!

I'm new here also but my story started the same way yours did! About 5 years ago I blew my acl and had to have acl replacement surgery, this was the first time I ever had a pain pill. At the time I never!!!!! gave it a second thought on becoming addicted to them, I just took them as prescribed and rehabed my knee, but it planted a seed...... it didn't take me long to realize how they made me feel once my knee was better I found that I was still taking some here and there they took away any social anxiety I had and made my day fly by. Long story short I never took alot over the years maybe 30 to 40 mg. A day but man I was hooked I can say that I am 2 weeks clean from them and feel amazing I feel like I'm in high school again I work out eat right and enjoy life. So what I'm saying is you might not get addicted right away but damn they will plant that seed just be careful!

my point is i wont even have access to any more percs after this 30 supply cause my next surgery is scheduled till june. so even if i do get physically addicted im not gonna have access to it anyways.

i guess my question here is.... would i get addicted to them after taking it for about a month? cause i here so many stories about people getting addicted but they have been at it for a while

Hi,
Welcome to Bluelight! I started with Percs onto oxy then Heroin. I noticed a dependency starting about 3-4 weeks. If you are taking them morning 'and' night consecutively for a month your system will notice and begin to need the pills.
Good news is it won't be that difficult to stop them if it's been only a month as you don't have a long history of taking the pills. Also the severity of use and amount don't seem very high, thus you might have a little bit of withdrawals but they probably won't be extreme. How long between taking the pills this whole month. 4-6 hours? Or do you wait sometimes?

I would suggest cutting down or stopping for a few days so you don't have a dependency going into surgery. I went through surgery addicted, came out in withdrawal… Although I was on opiates for a longer time unfortunately. :)

Hi,
Welcome to Bluelight! I started with Percs onto oxy then Heroin. I noticed a dependency starting about 3-4 weeks. If you are taking them morning 'and' night consecutively for a month your system will notice and begin to need the pills.
Good news is it won't be that difficult to stop them if it's been only a month as you don't have a long history of taking the pills. Also the severity of use and amount don't seem very high, thus you might have a little bit of withdrawals but they probably won't be extreme. How long between taking the pills this whole month. 4-6 hours? Or do you wait sometimes?

I would suggest cutting down or stopping for a few days so you don't have a dependency going into surgery. I went through surgery addicted, came out in withdrawal… Although I was on opiates for a longer time unfortunately. :)

after surgery i was taking 2 every 4 to 6 hours for pain. now i take 2-3 every day just for the high. but i also forgot to mention that i dab wax as well to actually feel anything. i also dab everyday. so in all its like 3 pills of 5/325 every day and i have 20 left. should i be worried? im also going to barbados for 6 days so thats a nice break. im just worried about the withdrawals. ive have withdrawals before from thc. wasnt that bad. can you compare?

You'll be ok. If you experience anything by not taking perc's, it'll be minimal. Maybe a slight downshift in mood, but nothing huge.

Rtp

The truth is, its amazing to say that no two people go through withdrawals the same way. I have buddies who dabble in vics and percs for a few days or a week and have the worst WDs, meanwhile I go through weeks on high doses Oxy and H and am never bothered much by stopping. It's everyone's own body chem.

You should be fine, but be careful. Opioid addiction is no joke and if you start craving them and feeling sick without them, your best bet is to stop immediately or taper down. With the information you've given I'd say physical withdrawals are unlikely, but psychological dependency is developing. The psychological addiction to drugs is by far the hardest part to beat. Opioids are the gold standard for addiction so ideally quit while you're ahead. << Best advice I can give you.

<<Ex oxycodone/heroin addict.

my point is i wont even have access to any more percs after this 30 supply cause my next surgery is scheduled till june. so even if i do get physically addicted im not gonna have access to it anyways.

i guess my question here is.... would i get addicted to them after taking it for about a month? cause i here so many stories about people getting addicted but they have been at it for a while

I actually spoke to my doctor today about this very thing concerning opiates I have been prescribed. When I first went to him he prescribed me 90 then a couple weeks later he gave me 60 then he gave me 40. When I called him and told him I had decided to stop he said it was fine that I hadn't been on them long enough to become addicted to them so personally I think you will be fine. As far as withdraws go you should be ok. If anything you might have very minor withdraws. You will be alright though. I hope everything works out for you :)