• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax Withdrawal

insidious

Bluelighter
Ok so I was taking 8-10mg of xanax for about 11 days when I decided to quit. After 4 days of total dysfunction I caved and took 3mg and picked up some .5mg from a doctor so I could taper instead of leaping at such a high dose. After a quick taper I got down to .75 for 5 days, now I am down to .5mg for the last 5 days and I want to jump now (Actually I need to). Is this realistic after a month of using these benzos everyday?

Also I took some magnesium which surprisingly helped, I am normally sceptical of natural remedies but it actually calmed me down some.

Any other remedies that will help with these last few days of work? Thankfully I am on vacation next week, but I am moving so that will probably suck.

I think that might be an uncomfortable jump. Even though you say you need to, Imma still recommend going down to .25. And then every other day after.

Of course, I'm just some bloke on the internet. A doc is recommended for real medical advice.

I'm pretty uncomfortable but I would rather do it now when I have a week to recover. Xanax is a bitch man. I don't have anymore so I guess the first part was pretty pointless, I have to stop.

Tapering with alprazolam is futile due to the short half life. You'd be better served using low doses for withdrawal symptom management.

Yeah I know but I don't have doctors like that, so I just got alprazolam. Tapering was hard as hell but as soon as a felt normal I dropped the dose. I felt stable at .5 so I'm hoping I'll be semi functioning. Water tastes like shit now but I force it down, as well as food. I feel on the verge of a panic attack at work but I just tell myself one more day.

1/2 mg is still too high of a dose, like others mentioned, you should lower down to .25 for about a week......

I took klonopin for like 7 months, pretty low doses but every day. Then ran out... had some xanax on hand and did a taper with it some how.
Was hell man, i would recommend cutting into .25 and doing that for maybe 2 days then stop. Honestly getting off any dose of xanax is a bitch! Get some valerian root asap, helps a lot!

Thanks I'll try the valarian root tommorrow. I can only get bars, and I'm not starting them again. I know I'll go off the deep end if I pick them up.

How long have you been physically addicted to the Xanax?

1 month. The biggest problem was I took way too many for 11 days, So the rebound anxiety was brutal.

I thought I felt ok but work is awful, so glad it's Friday. It feels like my head is going 1000 miles an hour and time has stopped. I'm only at day two but I see this being manageable when work is over.

The withdrawals shouldn't last too long since its only been a month.

I thought I felt ok but work is awful, so glad it's Friday. It feels like my head is going 1000 miles an hour and time has stopped. I'm only at day two but I see this being manageable when work is over.

Yep that valerian root helps a lot, was taking so many during my withdrawal. Stick in there, i'd say by Sunday you should be real manageable. Mood still might be a little messed up but you will be functional. You are definitely through the worst of it. Look up foods and supplements that replenish GABA, magnesium helps with relaxation i believe.

1 month. The biggest problem was I took way too many for 11 days, So the rebound anxiety was brutal.
yeah i noticed that rebound shit too from short term use. it gets gnarly as fuck when u cant get any pills and you know damn well you're a blackout drinker!

I feel better today, not 100, but better. I tried drinking last night which was a horrible idea.

Thanks for the feedback from everyone.