Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Have I done permanent damage?

FullofCannabis

Greenlighter
Hello Bluelight Community,
This is my first post on the site. Have been a fan of Bluelight for many years now and always check here as well as erowid in regards to my adventures for safety and insight. It has come now to myself that I must post and get some feedback.

To start it off I have been a frequent user of MDMA. I use about once every 1-3 months and dose around 200mg-400mg throughout the night. I always have a test kit available and reliable source.

Me and my friends had planned on going to New York one weekend. About a month before I rolled balls on an Orange Tesla pill. They were all around the east coast and pure tested MDMA. One week prior to the trip swim I roughly 3 tabs of high quality LSD and tripped hours on end.

On my way to new York one of my friends mentioned that he had a trustworthy connect for mdma and some high quality coke.

On the first night I endulged in a couple lines of cocaine and had a blast and got a good night of sleep. The next night we picked up some "molly" and that's where things went downhill.

I binged on roughly 1.5 grams of this "Molly" within a 4 day span staying up a consecutive 3 nights. I was almost positive it was pure mdma because I felt a clean hard roll obviously losing magic after the first night or so.

On his way home I was hallucinating pretty heavily unlike I ever had before considering I have had my fair share of heavy acid trips and mushies but this was different.

Arriving home I layed in my bed and was seeing bugs and other things floating around in my room. As well as seeing people in my peripheral only to look and see them melt in front of my eyes. I drank some beer and popped a promethazine 25mg to help me sleep.

Upon waking I was feeling severely out of it and zombieish. I immediately went out to purchase some 5htp and went to a friends to test this so called "molly".

While the testing showed up to contain MDxx, the other tests came up positive for amphetamines and a possible RC!

It has now been 4 days since the binge and I have been taking 5htp as well as getting much rest but I am still very out of it. Never have I ever felt this low and depressed ever. I even caught myself crying at the Sarah mcglocklin commercial for dogs which normally never moves me.

I want to know if I have done any permanent damage to my receptors?? I understand how stupid I was taking that dose in 3 days and not looking for a lecture on how to manage my drug consumption. I always try to be as safe as possible but my inner addiction got the best of me. I am going to stay away from everything for a little bit before I feels better and probably won't touch mdma ever again let alone any stimulant.

Have I done perm damage?
Would the LSD a week before change how I felt after the MDMA?
How long of a recovery if any will I endure?

Again I don't want lectures only answers and useful insight please!

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't allow the use of placeholders like "swim" on Bluelight. It just makes things confusing and everyone knows you're talking about yourself anyways. Can you please go back and edit your post to remove all references to SWIM?

I think you'll get better responses from the MDMA focus forum. NsPD -> MDMA & Empathogenic Drugs

Well, a lecture is long so here's some insight... it was pretty fucking stupid to take that much MDMA (100% pure or not) in that span of time. Stick to 200mg every 3-4 months.

Sounds like a combo of stim psychosis from staying up for 3 days strait, and taking waaaaayyy too much molly (whatever it was, prob mdma cut with meth and some rc or another).

Basically no fun at all, bigtime bad idea, and your going to feel shitty for at least a week if not longer.

eat healthy, exercise, get sleep, plenty of water, fresh fruit, vitamins, that's all you can do really. Oh yeah, abstain from drugs as much as possible in this time, especially ANY amphetamines or mdxx drugs obviously.

And iirc, 5-htp doesn't really help that much or at all due to mdmx's after effects/metabolites downregulating the enzymes responsible for metabolizing the 5-htp into serotonin. So taking 5-htp won't help when the drugs you took have turned off or almost turned off the enzymes that make that 5-htp serotonin.

And yes swim is not allowed, not to mention there were like 3-4 times where you forgot to write swim and let all of us know what we already know, your talking about yourself.

Good luck, and remember what i said about eating right, sleeping right, abstaining from drugs, and getting lots of exercise. It really helps alot more than you would think.

Joo I did that once to. I even consumed 1.8 grams of pure MDMA. If it does damage? I don't know. What I do know is that I'm able to function fully atm. It took around 2 years after I abused MDMA. I did not took things to an extreme, but I definately crossed the safe line.

eat healthy, exercise, get sleep, plenty of water, fresh fruit, vitamins, that's all you can do really. Oh yeah, abstain from drugs as much as possible in this time, especially ANY amphetamines or mdxx drugs obviously.

This :) You'll be fine, nothing is probably permanent. Think that the brain is so flexible that it can recover from a stroke, it finds new paths. You need to relax and take a day at a time. Anxiety maybe will trigger other things that MIGHT look like you did permanent damage, but you probably did not. Just take it easy :)