• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc THC esters (acetate)

sailor bugg

Bluelighter
Anyone have any knowledge of esters of THC, specifically THC-O-Acetate? I plan on acetylating some bho thats been decarb'd and isomerized into its acetate ester.

I've been looking all over the place at different teks and synthesis' and this is what I've come up with for how to synth it.

1) Dissolve bho in non polar solution such as naphtha.
2) Add w/v 1g bho: 2.5ml acetate acid anhydrous
3) Add one drop/gram bho of HCl
4) Heat in a double boiler on a steady temperature to the point where the acetate acid anhydrous evaporates
5) Heat for one hour
6) Let cool
7) basify any acid remaining with NaCO3 solution
8 )Let naphtha evaporate and thc-o-acetate is left

Anyone with any knowledge is welcome thanks!

Doesn't BHO contain a mixture of multiple cannabinoids and essential oils?
Wouldn't it be difficult to isolate THC alone? and once done is there any way outside of lab analysis to test the contents of said product to confirm you have what you were aiming for in the end?

I don't know man, not my area of expertise but sounds like a tricky and expensive proposition.

Out of curiosity, why the desire for this specific product if you don't mind my asking?

The bho I extracted was decarb'd it at 252*f for 27min to change a large portion of the THCA in the bho into THC. Then I dissolved it in a naphath and water solution that was acidified with concentrated HCl and double boiled it at 80*f for an hour. This was done to isomerize the cbn/cbd into THC. What is left is a dark brown sticky sap like material, that as far as I know should be mainly composed of THC as the active psychoactive mixed with any lipids/fats/waxes/chlorophyll that the butane picked up during the initial extraction of the raw plant material. I plan on winterizing the bho with 99.7% ethyl alcohol to remove the plant gunk after it has been reacted with acetic acid anhydride to yield the ester.

That's true about not being sure if I have the ester after I carry out the reaction, but I do know that the ester was a higher molar mass than THC and the resulting chemical should weigh about 1.25x more than before the reaction. So if the resulting chemical weighs more than it did before the reaction than it's a good indicator it was successful.

It actually isn't going to cost me much to carry this out as I already have all of the chemicals I need to do it other than the ethyl alcohol which I can grab at a boating supply store for under 10$/L.

I'm pretty much only doing this because I just received a bottle of acetic acid anhydride today and I have taken a few years of organic chemistry at university so I'm not just flying blind. Plus I love doing chemical synthesis' and reactions; at university my favourite courses were the chem labs we had to take in conjunction with the chem courses and I was always top mark out of all the sections (I gout gold stickers on my reports lol) so this kind of stuff comes naturally to me and I'm able to use skills I learned at school which is a bonus. Really I don't even like the bho I made, it's way to strong for me, I smoke like a little dab and I feel way to high, so it'd rather just see if I can make something different out of it. Even if it works I don't think I'd dab it as the ester is 2-3x more potent, but I have a friend who really wants to try it so I told her she could test it for me heh.

You won't be able to esterify THC with just acetic acid and heat, it's a phenol. You'd need something like acetic anhydride.

Also cooking BHO in acid will aromatize the THC to cannabinol over time.

Oh I realize I can't just use something g like vinegar or even glacial acetic acid. I'll be using acetic acid anhydride for making the Ester.

There is a book called Cannabis Alchemy: Art of Modern Hashmaking by Gol. D

This book will answer all your questions.

Edit: There is also some new hash going around the dispensaries that looks like a white powder almost that is supposedly 98% THC. Haven't tried it, but from what I heard it sounds likely it is what it is.

I've read that the increase in potency is not very significant like the morphine + acetic anhydride = heroin reaction. and that THC esters are not very stronger like morphine esters. I would like to try HU-210 tho, 100-800x the potency of marijuana and with a structure resembling THC

It could be used via IV or nasally making it quite a n interesting product to produce, which I would love to do one day

Vick with all of the issues synthetic cannabinoids are creating why would you want to use one that is so much more potent. It still has not been discovered or understood if safer results from binding or blocking of the cannabinoid receptors. What is known is messing with it can lead to suicidal ideation, panic attack, and serious mental and physical issues. Careful with messing with these untested substances.