• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Can these be used recreationally???

Cyanidical

Greenlighter
Hello!

I went pill-searching throughout the house, since I'm broke right now and can't buy any opiates/benzos.

I found....

1) Methocarbamol pills, 750mg each.
2) Diphenoxylate Atropine 2.5mg each (generic for Lomotil)

Can either of these be used recreationally if taken in large amounts? If so, how many mg of each should I take? I did some reading online and found that 1500mg of methocarbamol could give you a nice buzz just laying down in bed.
I read that Lomotil could do similar if taken enough of, not sure how many of them to take though.

Please help! Would really like to verify that these drugs will potentially give me a buzz, I'd rather not just be swallowing random pills hoping for euphoria.

*ALSO I am 5'6, 130lbs.

Methcarbamol user report from Erowid - Took 1 (750mg) late-mid day, felt effects start 1-2 hours later, took 1 more (750mg) hoping it would put me to sleep for the night. Sleepy and nodding out for about 2 hours then suddenly wide awake with groggy head. Cannot sleep. Acidic stomach burns, headache, nausea, dry eyes and mouth, acute loss of appetite, strange taste in mouth. Never had any effect relaxing sore tense muscles

Diphenoxylate could give you a buzz if enough was taken however the atropine would make you quite ill so not worth it - side effects of atropine
GI: Xerostomia; altered taste perception; nausea; vomiting; dysphagia; heartburn, constipation; bloated feeling; paralytic ileus; gastroesophageal reflux.
GU: Urinary hesitancy and retention; impotence.
Ocular: Blurred vision; mydriasis; photophobia; cycloplegia; increased intraocular pressure.
Cardiovascular: Palpitations; bradycardia (following low doses of Atropine); tachycardia (after higher doses).
CNS: Headache; flushing; nervousness; drowsiness; weakness; dizziness; insomnia; fever. Elderly patients may exhibit mental confusion or excitement to even small doses. Large doses may produce CNS stimulation (restlessness, tremor).
Dermatologic - Hypersensitivity: Severe allergic reactions including anaphylaxis, urticaria and other dermal manifestations.
Other: Suppression of lactation; nasal congestion; decreased sweating. Complete anhidrosis cannot occur because large doses would be required, producing severe side effects from parasympathetic paralysis.

If your going to go ahead anyway then I would suggest the Methocarbamol only and I would suggest two - this will probably give you a sedated feeling (depending on your tolerance). Skip the Lomotil.

Methocarbamol is a muscle relaxant. Some people like it but from what I've read it's not nearly as powerful or recreational as carisoprodol/meprobamate. I'd give it a go.

Atropine is not something you want to fuck with. It's a very powerful anticholinergic and one of the main alkaloids in Datura. High doses cause hallucinations and delirium, although it's not considered to be euphoric or recreational at all.

Methcarbamol user report from Erowid - Took 1 (750mg) late-mid day, felt effects start 1-2 hours later, took 1 more (750mg) hoping it would put me to sleep for the night. Sleepy and nodding out for about 2 hours then suddenly wide awake with groggy head. Cannot sleep. Acidic stomach burns, headache, nausea, dry eyes and mouth, acute loss of appetite, strange taste in mouth. Never had any effect relaxing sore tense muscles

Diphenoxylate could give you a buzz if enough was taken however the atropine would make you quite ill so not worth it - side effects of atropine
GI: Xerostomia; altered taste perception; nausea; vomiting; dysphagia; heartburn, constipation; bloated feeling; paralytic ileus; gastroesophageal reflux.
GU: Urinary hesitancy and retention; impotence.
Ocular: Blurred vision; mydriasis; photophobia; cycloplegia; increased intraocular pressure.
Cardiovascular: Palpitations; bradycardia (following low doses of Atropine); tachycardia (after higher doses).
CNS: Headache; flushing; nervousness; drowsiness; weakness; dizziness; insomnia; fever. Elderly patients may exhibit mental confusion or excitement to even small doses. Large doses may produce CNS stimulation (restlessness, tremor).
Dermatologic - Hypersensitivity: Severe allergic reactions including anaphylaxis, urticaria and other dermal manifestations.
Other: Suppression of lactation; nasal congestion; decreased sweating. Complete anhidrosis cannot occur because large doses would be required, producing severe side effects from parasympathetic paralysis.

If your going to go ahead anyway then I would suggest the Methocarbamol only and I would suggest two - this will probably give you a sedated feeling (depending on your tolerance). Skip the Lomotil.

Totally agree

Soma is recreational. So is Lomotil, since the dose of Atropine in it is so minute you'd need to eat way more than 30 of them to reach a therapeutic dose. People report taking 15-30 of them for a buzz, but that would be useless for someone with a tolerance.

Either way, tread carefully and do your research.

My bad, not sure why I thought it to be Soma after being fairly well acquainted with it.

Thank you guys!! I should've mentioned I have zero tolerance.

I just swallowed a little over 1500mg of methocarbamol, waiting for it to kick in. Hopefully soon, since I have an empty stomach:sus:

^^ did the OP verify the bottle contents? It's not unheard of for people to put things like aspirin, prescription ibuprophen, allergy meds, etc.. in bottles of their old prescriptions, for convenience or for the reason you took them - make theft useless.

Hopefully, you checked the items in the bottle are what the bottle label says. Unless it's still sealed from the mnf, always look it up online, don't just ask us. Be safe, have fun with your stolen drugs.

Thanks for making sure!! I always make sure to verify they're not aspirin, since the person who I stole them from tends to replace prescription meds with that.
Luckily for me, they were indeed methocarbamol. I always make sure to google the pill's ID before taking them. :\