• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Do you believe that cocaine can be used responsibly?

Stringer_Bell

Bluelighter
Up until an EDM festival I attended in Las Vegas I had used coke only once, and then by complete accident. I was a bit drunk and wandered into my living room. My female flatmate was sat at the kitchen table with a friend and they were doing lines. She offered me one and, without really thinking too much, I accepted. It was nice, not earth shattering but nice and I didn't have any comedown. I only did 2 small lines and it wasn't that pure.

Then about two weeks ago in Las Vegas I got hold of some decent coke (1g). I did 0.5g over the course of two days then threw the rest away because it gave me an anxiety attack. What a waste.

As it happens, now I'm back in the UK, I managed to get hold of some pretty pure coke. I don't know how pure but EZ test shows it as unadulterated and it has been sent off to EC tests which show no cuts. Now, I don't believe for a moment that this is pure coke as I know that's pretty impossible. but i think it might well be around 70% or so, so it's decent. Tested negative for levamisole in particular.

I've experimented with the coke a bit. I hate doing big lines or even medium sized ones. They cause anxiety. I love doing very small lines (just bumps really). They mildly increase my mood in a very pleasant way, without causing panic attacks or unplesant anxiety. I often like to take 0.4-0.8mg of Xanax before doing coke and then 0.4mg after my last line. It smoothens out the whole thing. I've done copious amounts of research on the interaction between benzos and cocaine and i know it has dangers but I understand the risk and accept it.

So far I have done coke 5 times in my life (i'm not counting every line, but every day I've done coke). So I'm a very new user. But I like it. I like getting the product, I like chopping up the lines. I like snorting it. I like the effect. I HATE the comedown but if i do small amounts only (maybe maximum 0.4g in a day) then it's not too bad and the Xanax takes the edge off. I've done coke today and I did it yesterday.

I've done SO much research and the last thing I want is to become a coke addict. It just seems awful. I know there's no parfectly safe way to use it. The safest thing is to not use it at all. But I do like it.

What do you think? Do I stop complely now while I still can? Or is there a place for this substance in my life? What are some of the safeguards I can take? I know about things like not drinking (cocaethylene), not doing too much, not doing it too often. But I get the impression on BL that people think it's not really possible to use coke 'safely' in the same way it's possible to drink safely.

Any advice would be appreciated. If it's better for me to know this on the head and never touch it again, I'll do it. I just wanted to know if you think people can enjoy this drug without throwing their whole lives and health away.

FWIW I'm 37, don't use other illegal drugs (save for MDMA at festivals - so far once in my life and I would never go to more than two festivals in a year.

Sincerely grateful for any replies.

Personally, I think it's possible to use any drug responsibly.

I remember reading a thread on this forum about a 40 y/o business woman who had been a daily coke user for many years of her life, keeping it hidden from friends and family. She stated that it had never brought her any ill effects, although she follows a very strict routine. She credits diet, exercise, and strict management of intake.

I also know a few coke heads personally, and they seem fine to me in their day-to-day lives. Keep in mind, these are just the people that I know, I'm sure for every responsible user there are 10 irresponsible users. Don't take this as me saying "fuck yeah go for it, do coke every day", just stating that I do believe it's possible. You'd have to stay extremely vigilant of your habit, cocaine is often referred to as one of the most addictive drugs you could ever do.

Last edited:
Thank you devilsgospel. I had posted in another section of this forum and people's responses scared me. They thought I was already an addict even though I have used coke only 5 times (well on 5 separate days). The thing is I hate doing big lines. It makes me really anxious. I love taking tiny bumps every hour or two. I don't intend to use daily but honestly I find my life boring when I always live clean. I run distance (normally 10-15km at least 3x a week) and am in good shape. I have had echo and ECG for my heart. No defects.

I KNOW there is a risk that I could die even just doing small amounts of coke, especially cos i like to take a benzo before the first bump and after the last. Nobody can say this will improve my health. But I like the idea of having this treat occasionally.

I would probably limit my use to once every couple of weeks max. I understand you aren't giving me a green light (no pun on my status on this forum) but it's good to know not everybody thinks doing coke now and then is a death sentence. Financially it's not an issue for me unless I start doing large amounts but I would expect on average a gram or two to last me a month.

At the same time I know most people probably start off like me, with good intentions, then end up on the slippery slope into addiction. That scares me. Genuinely don't know whether I should just knock this on the head now and never look back or continue to indulge occasionally.

Thank you for your input.

No problem at all, happy to help. Just make sure you stay safe.

Obviously the most healthy choice would be to not do it at all, but where's the fun in that? It's good that you understand that you need to establish limits and familiarize yourself with the risks. Keep that mentality. As for the Xanax, if I were you I would save it for the comedown. Even then, I would recommend you space out your ingestion as far as possible from your coke high or maybe even not take it at all just to be on the safe side.

Stay safe and enjoy yourself.

Thank you. Xanax really takes the edge off which is why I take it before but I know it's not the safest. I guess if I can't handle coke without the Xanax i shouldn't be doing it.

You nailed it in terms of saying the best thing is not to do it at all but there isn't much fun in that. That's my problem, I'll live completely clean, exercise, no smoking, no drinking, eating well etc. I do feel good when I live like that but man is it boring.

Thanks beniceman. I agree, I have to say. I would only do MDMA once every 3 months max. Unfortunately coke is one of those drugs you can do more often. How often do you think I could do it without a great risk of health complications (mental or physical) or addiction? I know it's a very had question to answer but..... once a week? once a month? once every few months? I'm talking about a 1/2 gram a time (prob over two days).

To put it another way. I've got 2.5g of GOOD coke as of this moment. Assuming I don't share it, how long should I make this last me so I can feel that I'm not turning into some cokehead. I really don't want to end up there

Personally speaking I think with coke if you use alone you're on a slippery slope.

To me, coke is for enhancing shit-talking, taking idle chatter to the next level when at a party/socializing (yeah, I don't have a very high opinion of the stuff all though I do enjoy it.)

You really have to trust your own judgement. If you find yourself having a line or bump "just cause..." that's not healthy.

Why not save it for weekends?

Thanks beniceman. I agree, I have to say. I would only do MDMA once every 3 months max. Unfortunately coke is one of those drugs you can do more often. How often do you think I could do it without a great risk of health complications (mental or physical) or addiction? I know it's a very had question to answer but..... once a week? once a month? once every few months? I'm talking about a 1/2 gram a time (prob over two days).

ok, well its all going to come down to mind over matter in my opinion. YES there is the actual physical part where you can get addicted. but let me just tell you how i've done coke in the past, and how much and how often i would do it, and yes start to become addicted, and then right away just stop! and like i never got coke bugs from it or anything like that. just resisted the temptation for a while basically, then it went away, and back to life like normal, as far as i was concerned lol.

Like anything, if its nice, you had it once, and enjoyed it, you will miss it. Most likely want to repeat/do it again, to re-aquire that nice-ness about it.
I have done so much coke in the past, one time, i meet this dude LOADED with cash, who loves do do coke. and i got the best connect at the time, i was getting some FIRE! i mean god dam! i didnt get much because shit was expensive. so Yah! this weekend starts on a thrusday night actually, and i meet up with this guy, hook him up for a 3.5g and he's like sharing a bunch with me. we then go party it up everywhere as there are parties all over the place and all the time! (not only is it like that normally in that area, but it was also around new years!) ANYWAYS..... he shares everything he gets with me! at about Monday, between the two of us, we went thru about 1,000 dollars worth of coke! I mean this shit truly was FIRE! Expensive as FUK! but yah, we definitly did lines left and right, every time you gotta "chase it" there was something to chase it with! ya know, like the depressing and rapid comedown! topped with sleep deprivation, liquor and weed. lol but yah, i will admit, doing that much WAS FUN!!! also i got cramps a few times, abdominal cramps and leg cramps when i was trying to sleep at the end! fuking cramps SUCK!!!! like my legs would feel as if the muscles got twisted and tangled up in an extremely painful way! and nothing i could do to remedy anything about any of it! just wait for maybe 30 seconds to a minute! which took forever, then about 1-5 mins later it would come back, either one or both legs! but that was because of the obvious! doing shit tons in short period of time!

Before and after that event, i have done large amounts (nothing in comparison) but easily 2.5 within a week, EASY! and no bad side effects. i would be so yay'd out! omg.... and then periods with not the money nor hookups to keep going, and forced to take breaks, honestly besides the unbelievably STRONG temptation there was no other withdrawals! (I am a speed freak btw) but yah, there have been times i would use it very occasionally even tho to me, (MENTALLY) i just wanted to do more, so i would! altho besides the extreme "care less about discipline" attitude, physical symptoms were next to none for the most part.

ITS ALL MIND OVER MATTER! However well you want to control it, its up to you. Despite the fact all of our bodies are a lil different at least. I was able to do large amounts, in long and short periods of time. and never got coke bugs, or any kind of strong physical withdrawal symptoms! since last winter, i havent done coke up til now! (except one night i did one line because i was offered one and well.... yah, ima speed freak so...)
anyways its up to you to control it, just hug your discipline and you should be in the clear!

Last edited:
Thanks very much indeed for the posts guys. I'm finishing the stuff I've got and not buying anymore. I know where this will lead. I had bought an 8 ball thinking i would make it last me a couple of months (I know, I know) but as long as it's there i can't help but do it. This isn't something I can handle.

Thanks very much indeed for the posts guys. I'm finishing the stuff I've got and not buying anymore. I know where this will lead. I had bought an 8 ball thinking i would make it last me a couple of months (I know, I know) but as long as it's there i can't help but do it. This isn't something I can handle.

It's good that you know where to draw the line. Better safe than sorry is the best principle.