• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

July Getting/Staying Sober and/or Clean vs It's really hot, I want an icecream!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not doing good just ran out of heroin after a 3+ day binge. I have a suboxone and some benzos thankfully to help out any withdrawals or at least with the powerful cravings. This relapse really sucked the life out of me, I was doing so well without opiates for the past year but boredom and not having fulfillment led me back here. Now I feel like i'm starting over. Next up I will have to kick this minor benzo habit and i'll be back on track. Congrats to those who have been doing well this summer! I can never seem to get thru the summer months sober.

Keep your head up. Try to remember how shitty this relapse made you feel. Remember it before you remember the fleeting high of dope. Funny how our brains always block out the negatives and immediately hone in on the brief high.

Tomorrow is 25 days for me.

Simco you're a day ahead of me but I keep telling myself I'll catch up, lol.

@pinpoint, i think imtryin is one day ahead of me!

thank you captian heroin... its been very impressive to see you change..... You've inspired me. not a moment to soon either.... I basically swapped my meth habit for a heroin habit, which is so dumb.... the only thing perhaps dummer than meth is heroin. (i've been hooked on smoking heroin before in my life, thought I had learned my lesson forever)

So now my plan of action is to swap my bran new old heroin habit for a suboxone, or kratom habit , and then my kratom habit for a sober and going to the gym habit

thank you captian heroin... its been very impressive to see you change..... You've inspired me. not a moment to soon either.... I basically swapped my meth habit for a heroin habit, which is so dumb.... the only thing perhaps dummer than meth is heroin. (i've been hooked on smoking heroin before in my life, thought I had learned my lesson forever)

So now my plan of action is to swap my bran new old heroin habit for a suboxone, or kratom habit , and then my kratom habit for a sober and going to the gym habit

Meth is a really insidious drug and I'm glad you quit using it.

Heroin is probably worse though, due to the physical withdrawals; best of luck in getting back on suboxone! Perhaps you can do a quick few-day taper?

yeah.... I completed withdrawals last week, and it was a quick 14 hour withdrawal (thats like near completely finished) so that give you an idea of my habit.... I'm just enjoying myself.... the band that I sing / play for has our 3rd show this week tomorrow... first show that i've ever gotten paid for ....

so im just enjoying myself ...

Seems like you have a good plan.
BTW, I wonder why Kratom is not prohibited.
It would be as if coke leaf tea would be allowed.
After all it´s not that bad, not that addictive and not unhealthy.

6 Days clean off of a 3 year pill to heroin habit. I feel FUCKING GREAT!!!!!! Congrats to everyone else as well!!

another day clean from heroin almost under my belt. i have to watch out, though... opportunities to take other drugs have been popping up: wound up doing some coke yesterday. i have almost zero experience with coke (never much cared for stims), so i don't know how addictive it is. i certainly don't want to trade my dope habit for a blow habit.

another day clean from heroin almost under my belt. i have to watch out, though... opportunities to take other drugs have been popping up: wound up doing some coke yesterday. i have almost zero experience with coke (never much cared for stims), so i don't know how addictive it is. i certainly don't want to trade my dope habit for a blow habit.

I would read up on substituting if I were you, lots of addicts do it. I did it all the time, would be switching one thing for another and then eventually end up hooked on both. I tried to figure out how to use successfully for years. It was my great obsession for around a decade and I never could get it right.

Today I was angry and frustrated, so much that I almost went to get some morphine to inject. But I thought about the painful days that follow a one day use, and decided to just say no. I have not counted the days since my last shot, but I'm doing good for me (only my kratom habit still needs work). I better get my spirituality strong in the days to come b4 a shot of heroin sounds possible. Good luck all! Simpleguy, I'm happy your feelin great :)

People who are clean, did you find that dealing with frustration after you quit opiates was exceedingly difficult? I just want to feel normal, I guess I'll just have to choose to be grateful rather than self pity. Man it's hard today. I've got to let this go and move on with my goals. I will now hypnotize myself ;)

^^^
@CfZrx, yes. since quitting H i spend about half the time feeling completely apathetic and the other half being super moody. i guess it's not quite half and half, bc every now and then i catch myself feeling like me again, too.

btw, i like the "location" listed under your avatar. hilarious.

Just did a walking meditation and it really helped me out. I have been integrating more cardio into my workout routine (still light as lifting is my main thing) and its helping. Came to some pretty nice realizations and while walking the thought "wow, I really needed this" popped into my head. Its so nice to be able to care for myself today.

Another 2 months plus to end this sobriety. Or less than a year. But i miss rolling so much :(

Another 2 months plus to end this sobriety. Or less than a year. But i miss rolling so much :(

I still miss it from time to time, its not actually the drug but all the concerts and events I used to go to and use it. Its normal to grieve the loss of something and using very much is a relationship. For me, it was the most important relationship I had for many many years.

I have gotten over it for the most part, but I have to admit I still do think of the good times I had. Thing is those good times very quickly turned into a hell on Earth for me. Everyday I realize how out of of control I was and how terrible it was. The way I do this is by staying clean and trying to remain grateful for what I have.

I am pretty sad I am missing the Grateful Dead stuff in Chicago, they were a huge part of my live (that whole scene was) but it just wouldn't be a good place for me to be right now. My parents and lots of friends are both there so I am glad they get to enjoy it.

^
I got you. I don't miss the drugs, I just miss to escape reality. Have you ever wondered the difference between 'miss' and 'addict'?

It's pretty sad that I need to be sober for about four months after such MDMA abuse. But 4 months are not enough they say. Hope I can do it longer, my brain needs to be where it belongs to. Come on brain..

OH MY GOD YES, after knowing how to roll with MDMA, my circle of friends is the greatest. Even my sober friends didn't treat me like how the others did. Sad to know theyre still rolling while I dont. Really miss it so much. But phactor, I know how it feels. Eventhough I didn't roll for years, but I admit it sucks to know that we were uncontrollable and by staying clean is all we get to pay the price.!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.