• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Shot and missed wellbutrin in my foot and its very swolen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesla305

Greenlighter
Im a new user and really need help. I was using a very long and thin (cathider) syringe to shoot wellbutrin. If it was a normal needle I would have had no problem but almost every time I shot up over the course of a couple days I missed a little bit on every shot. Both of my wrists have gone down and are almost gone. My right arm (opposite side of elbow) is still pretty swollen and bruised, my left foot is fine but my right foot has really swelled up a lot today and part of it is still numb from the wellbutrin a couple days later. Not quite sure what to do besides going to the doctor or the ER I also am not quite sure what is wrong with it because it doesn't look like an abscess. Need help please.

Is there heat or redness around the area? I'm not really an expert on IV, but those seem to be the big red flags. If keeping a warm compress on it doesn't help, and it remains warm and swollen, you should probably seek medical help. It might be that you should anyway.

You don't wanna end up like those case studies.

its not very red And it might be a little bit warmer than usual. I took some ibuprofen to get an NSAID and have been putting neosporin on it and I have it elevated above my heart so im praying that the swelling will have good down some by the morning

First of a why are banging anti depressants? Second shooting in your feet is bad news. The lack of circulation makes infection more likely. Which sounds like what is happening here. I recommend you seek medical help ASAP. I probably would start at a walk I. Doctors office and go from there. But if it is infected you could lose your foot without treatment.

Shooting wellbutrin gives you an almost identical rush as shooting crack. Any other suggestions or things I could do to reduce swelling and risk of further infection without going to the doctor simply because I do not have enough money to. I probably need some antibiotics but literally do not have enough money.

Shooting wellbutrin gives you an almost identical rush as shooting crack. Any other suggestions or things I could do to reduce swelling and risk of further infection without going to the doctor simply because I do not have enough money to. I probably need some antibiotics but literally do not have enough money.

Go to the ER they can't turn you away. All you can really do is alternate hot and cold compresses and hope your immune system fights it off. But the risk is if you wait to long you could lose your foot or die if the infection reaches your blood stream.

Yeah seriously why are you slamming wellbutrin? Dumbest thing I ever heard, yes I've heard of people using that shit to get high but it's not a good drug to abuse and definitely not good for IV your veins among other things will be ruined quick, and the foot is the worst spot. If you're Hell bent on slamming at least use something considered "safe"

Go to the ER they can't turn you away.

This! Go to the ER immediately! Your limbs and life are more important than a bill. And stop shooting Wellbutrin please. It is not worth the risk at all.
Don't try to fix it somehow or it could be too late. I don't want to scare you but from your description it is necessary. Do yourself a favor.
I wish you a good recovery.

Retreading your original post OP. you need to go to the ER.

You need to go to a hospital if the pain, swelling and redness doesn't subside. We're an equal opportunity forum here at bluelight, so this is more of a personal appeal: please, for the love of god, stop injecting bupropion, be it in a vein, a muscle, or directly into the white of your eyeball, just don't. I would be lying if I said I had the same level of respect as I do for someone who doesn't do stuff like this.

Thank you everyone. I am at the hospital now and am lucky I got here before it spread further. It is cellulitis and they have to give me iv antibiotics. No more banging wellbutrin.

Damn that sucks! But I'm glad your getting it taken care of. Hope you feel better.

You sure it's not more than cellulitis? Cellulitis typically manifests as irritation and swollen skin around the injection site, usually comorbidity with phlebitis and blown veins (hands/lower forearms and wrist area are known spots for this to happen). If they've got you on IV antibiotics, it must be relatively serious, you're lucky it didn't turn into sepsis or something worse (like a fucking amputation, or death). Thank you for listening and going to the hospital.

I would personally advise you as well as others have to STOP INJECTING WELLBUTRIN, STOP INJECTING INTO YOUR FEET and maybe consider BEING HONEST with your attending physician. It sounds to me, with no judgment being passed, like you may be at risk of harming yourself with this behavior as it is not the rational action of an individual who is mentally stable, that's for sure. Please, for the love of all that's good and holy in this world, do not come back here telling us that they had to throw a PICC (peripherally inserted catheter for drug delivery) line into your shoulder area/neck/other accessible spot on your body, and now you're using that to slam anti-depressants. Talk to your doctors and try getting their opinion on your situation and perhaps they can assess your scenario a bit better than us internet drug nerds - you may require psych meds that just could put a stop to what sounds like utter madness. You don't HAVE to live this way. Please stay healthy.

Respect to everyone that told OP to seek medical attention. I have to agree with everyone here, please, please don't slam Wellbutrin or really any pill again. It is asking for serious complications.

To the OP,

I hate to sound judgmental, but what you did is so stupid. We've all done something stupid before, though. Wellbutrin isn't going to get you as high as even a couple of cups of real coffee. Seek medical attention and be honest with the healthcare provider; however, I'm not sure if there's much they can even do to help you at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.