• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What drugs can be used weekly with minimal harmful effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opiates... If you can control yourself and really use once a week then you will never go through WD and won't really damage your body

But assuming you can't control yourself, because most everyone can't, bud and salvia immediately come to mind. I'd like to say psilocybin is safe for regular use, but I'm not terribly educated on that front.

No intoxicant will come without it's negative effects, though.

If you consider cannabis a drug, then theres that. Some amphetamines, but nothing too serious. Just ones you can get a prescription for like Adderall. Of course there are the basic hallucinogens like mushrooms and LSD. Just make sure that if you are using LSD on a weekly basis it's real and not a research chemical. Tolerance is really the only downside to the drugs listed.

Maybe cannabis, alcohol, opiates, nitrous, and adderall/dexedrine if you use these drugs in low doses, and only on the weekends but very few people can do this or continue to do it for long periods of time. But all drugs are not good for you, and even cannabis and nitrous are not completely harmless. Psychedelic drugs like acid, mushrooms, are not that bad for the body but you should use them sparingly and do not abuse them or take them too often or too much too frequently.

Depends on what you mean by "minimal".

My answer would be: weed, Kratom if you can keep it to about 3 days a week as so far worked for me with no withdrawal symptoms other than VERY mild RLS when falling asleep, shrooms, nitrous if you don't overdo it, dexedrine maybe once or twice a week, I guess if you have MASSIVE self control you could use vicodin or percocet once or twice a week but I wouldn't include them because that is so hard to do, probably LSD if you are careful, and Salvia divinorum.

MANY people drink once or more than once a week and depending on how heavily they can avoid REALLY bad health SOMETIMES, sometimes not though obviously.

Chamomile, Skullcap, cannabis with self control and knowledge of what your smoking, and most herbals.

Really though any drug..... Cocaine, Heroin, Meth, and even PCP all have their values. While they are harmful to the body sometimes the benefit outweighs the negative. Say someone is narcoleptic and requires meth to stay awake possibly even cocaine could be an alternative as something to use during narcoleptic drowsy moments while getting out of the body quite quickly vs meth that could keep you up for 3 days. It is really all about the dose and the reason it is used for. If it numbs you from feeling that are to much is not beneficial. If it allows you to feel more and work through those issues without getting overwhelmed then it can be beneficial, but only if used in doses and amounts that don't lead to damage from possible toxicity.

This seems like a thread so people can recommend you drugs, which is against the rules on this board. Don't be sad if this topic gets closed.

Edit: I will add I smoke cannabis for muscle spacisity and use opiates to manage some pain that would be considered moderate on the verge of severe due to the chronic state of pain that just gets worse and worse the longer it goes on that I am finally getting into physical therapy for after 5 years of hell including 2 years of homelessness all over guess what.... Drugs! Most of the damage in my life that has been done by drugs is the reputation I have to deal with being one that uses drugs yet with minimal support even with the attitude most the times that the idea that it is medication is entertained to get me on with my life, but it's ok for anyone who just wants to put me down for struggling getting by with minimal amounts of medication I should be given enough to have spare left over and not feel constantly on edge of pain and even withdrawals at time from medication prescribed to treat me as if I am just a manipulative drug user when I do exactly what I have been taught to do growing up, excluding the abusive lessons I was taught to sit by and watch as I get neglected and even used afraid to say a word or express any emotion with fear of pain after over excessive spankings that weren't the worst of spankings, but were only out of rage and in response to me having "temper tantrums," expressing my emotion, or protesting my rights that is the foundation and backbone the country that is known as the land of freedom where freedom isn't free.

As far as usage when my medication is stable I am extremely functional more so than without anything, I am able to eat well, I sleep properly, my aspergers like symptoms become much less severe allowing me to interact with the people around me and clearly express my thoughts that I obviously have issues with from my mixed up posts, and really I find myself happier and more alive than again even being sober where I ended up being an antisocial mess that subconsciously was slightly suicidal definitely morbid. I do know at some point my daily use will stop, but right now it is the only thing keeping my life together and not just because I am dependent on the medication and will go through even more hell if stopped inappropriately. Learn your medications, but more importantly learn your own body and what medications it may need. Drugs aren't just tools of enhancement and pleasure, but can be a grounding and balancing tool to help one find stability in a chaotic time of life.

Last edited:
Classic drugs. I would not include RCs or Amphetimine, or too much coke. like if you did 80mg of coke you would be fine. If you did a gram, trouble.

I have to disagree with you mike.vick. Besides LSD being a research compound there is also 4-aco-dmt, which could be extremely useful for those who have bodies too weak to consume a psilocybin containing mushroom. Plus all the other tryptamine analogs, which could be blended in various ratios for various effects and needs.

I think it depends heavily on the individual. I for one don't like to use something once a week, as I don't like throwing off my equilibrium. For me it's all or nothing. If I'm smoking herb during the day at work, I usually keep smoking throughout the day, and the next and the next to keep the same level. Same goes for alcohol, same for opiates, same for amphetamines.

The only thing I use only once a week/month are the classic psychedelics/dissociatives . I like to trip occasionaly on mush, lsd, ketamine. I don't have much access to RCs so I can't speak on that. If I wasn't scared of the downside of MDMA I'd probably do that more than 3 times a year, but thanks to this site and others I have enough knowledge to know better...

Anything can be harmful when abused. I find cannabis to be least harmful/highest therapeutic index

I agree with most that cannabis is the best weekly stress reliever.. Even daily as long as it isn't used heavily.. On the more serious front, opiates are my drug of choice for the weekends.. But the battle against addiction is a tough fight.

as other have pointed out, a lot of this hinges on what you mean by harmful effects. willpower combined with safe practices can make many drugs viable on a once-a-week basis without much in the way of harmful *physical* effects. but often the psychological effects can accumulate and they can be very real and very harmful.

i'm thinking mainly of opiates here, but coke and other stims come to mind, too. it's easy to get to a headspace where you're basically counting the days till you're "allowed" to use again: at least that's what's happened to me. once it creeps up on you like that, it's a fucking bummer to get out.

personally, weed is about the only thing i'd put on this list. maybe psychedelics, especially psilocybin.

Status
Not open for further replies.