Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

mushrooms bad trip told parents everything

discoveringunivers

Greenlighter
Hey guys I just made an account to tell you my bad trip last night (total nightmare) skip to the last 2-3 paragraphs if you dont want to read everything

Last night I decided to take this alone in my house(3rd time Im did that way, last 2 experiences were amazing so I decided to up the dosage, bad fukking idea)

I took about 3-3.5g and let it rest in lemon juice for 15min and then ate it. I started the trip with anxiety like I usually do on come ups, I was really tired last night worked 10h so I was sleepy as well and felt my body turning into a jello. Eventually I smoked 2 joints and went back inside, I started hallucinating my persian carpets and such. Lights were really bright and I felt distorted. Sounds were coming from everywhere, I was talking to myself in the mirror and couldnt walk straight. To fastforward, I realized I was really high and felt lonely, so I called my friend and he told me to just drink lots of water and ignore everything. I have no idea why I was panicking, maybe because I was deeply hallucinating and my senses were combined. Nothing made sense, I was thinking that I was one person and everyone else was just me trying to communicated to myself, and that time is limitless, I couldnt even use logic anymore. Everywhere I would look, it would look completely distorted and moving. Eventually I was peaking at 3am and was starting to get paranoid, I had all these bad thoughts and demonic images going through my head. Knowing I couldnt really speak to someone and had to endure the trip made me feel really terrified.

If I thought of like a demon I would started seeing see through faces in my vision, I would look at the walls and there would be geometric al patterns( I knew about that effect, so it didnt bother me) , but I may have Adhd which worsened the fact that I couldnt calm down, and calm my mind down. I thought that since I was panicking I might have a heart attack and die, or worse get stuck in a realm sort of like Inception. Had really bad nausea and just wanted to sleep at this point, but I couldnt. Everytime I would close my eyes it would be like my eyes were still open, I could still see, I couldnt feel anything, I started hearing paranoid songs and thoughts in my head and everytime I would clpse my eyes I would imagine terryfing things. I would started having paranoid thoughts that were basically out-loud of my dad saying " see kid I told you not to mess drugs and youve fucked up and theres no going back"

I thought I crossed the border, and went insane, truely thought I was insane. I would close my eyes and still could see my room( or it felt like it) and couldnt really trust any of my senses so I didnt know what to believe. I started thinking I was schizophrenic, and imagined that I was in a part of life where I was stuck in this realm of insanity and everything was just fake. I understand time and space, I felt connected to the entire universe, and starting thinking that all of this world is just a pigment of my imagination. That I was insane and nothing was real, I couldnt calm down. Time wasnt even moving by, I knew if I could sleep tomorrow I would feel better. But I was in agonizing terror and physical pain because of the nausea and tried to sleep for what like forever, but I would just hallucinated deeply closing my eyes, usually negative things.

So this is where I fucked up, I went to my parents room and woke them up, I couldnt think straight and thought that I was insane so it didnt matter what I did. I told them I smoked pot and took some magic mushrooms, so my dad tried to calm me down, we sat outside for a while and talked. I showed him the pot and the mushrooms, and he didnt get mad just was scared as I was. He barely knows anything about the subject and my parents thought I would OD. I couldnt even remember what I did earlier in the day, I couldnt remember anything or even talk normally. He said feel your heartbeat, and when I went to feel it I couldnt feel anything. At all so I felt I was dead and was just in another dimension.Eventually I calmed down and went back to sleep at around 5am.

I dont know what to do know, how to talk to my parents about this and to even take psilocybin again. I feel really embarassed about telling my parents all of this, I feel like a total idiot. My friends are going to mess with me for ever for doing this, I dont know what to do anymore. Just forget the experience and move on

Last edited:
Be lucky your parents didn't send you to the hospital and seem somewhat ok with the situation. :) lesson learned though. Don't trip while your parents are in the other room. Especially with an ego death potential dosage. You definitely didn't take just a gram.

Lesson learned though. Don't trip while your parents are in the other room.

^ this...haha, Had an experience with this last night. LSD though, Pops couldn't figure out what the fuck I was babbling about. It was hilarious. I can't mess with psilocybin though, gets too dark. Anyway, he just thought I was high. And I'm 30, might make a difference.

It will be alright..your friends might mess with u but just laugh it off..your parents are prolly just happy u are okay..we all make mistakes,in a few months u all will hopefully be laughing about the time u freaked out on mushrooms

writing it down and getting it out is def a step in the right direction. You will be fine dude i've had similar situations happen and in the moment it seems pretty fucked but looking back it's kind of funny. Better to falsely believe you went insane from mushrooms and tell your parents than actually having a psychotic break and potentially never recovering fully right? There's no shame in asking for help for your parents, if they had been around I probably would have done the same a couple times.

kind of off topic but it seems like many people kind of get this false security from mushrooms, because they're 'natural' and a 'classic psychedelic', and dosing is actually really tricky because different mushroom strains and even mushrooms from the same batch can be different potencies. I hope you learned a valuable lesson about dosing and treating mushrooms with a little more respect. Your 'bad trip' might have also been a result of combining weed with mushrooms, it's pretty much an infamous combo that is known for challenging even the most hardheaded psychonauts.

Always use psychs in a safe place, remember set & setting? Your setting is important as hell, and it sounds like you neglected it. If you're having a rough time and your only option is to go talk to your parents for comfort, you didn't plan well.

Always use psychs in a safe place, remember set & setting? Your setting is important as hell, and it sounds like you neglected it. If you're having a rough time and your only option is to go talk to your parents for comfort, you didn't plan well.

This!

Your parents probably got a fright and are doing the full 'hes using drugs' routine. If I was you, I would personally apologize to them for giving them a fright and also thank them for not freaking out with you. Open the door way to discussion about your drug use (no point hiding it now) and take it from there.

You really need to be in a good mind set for mushrooms, exhausted and with your parents in the next room isn't really the best state.

Exactly. Considering that it lasts a long time and you can have bad trips. Not only the setting but having the time to do it and preferable with a friend that you trust.