• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Addicted to Viva Zen

BINF210

Greenlighter
I've never posted in anything like this so if your reading thank you for your time. I'll try to be brief. I'm a 30 year old male who comes from a family of drug and alcohol abusers.Miraculously I've managed to stay away from both. Small discaimer**I dont know alot about drugs or there chemical properties so pardon my ignorance while im sharing my story.

Back in the fall I started taking percocet and tramodol for about 6 weeks. When I realized I was addicted I stopped and had withdraws for just a few days (flu like symtoms). A few months later one night before an event I was attending I wasnt feeling well so a friend of mine told me to try a product called vivazen. I did and felt amazing. Long story short and 4 to 5 months later I'm consistently using this product twice a day. The bottle says only one every 48 hours. I stopped taking them once but the withdraws were so bad I litterally thought I was dying lol. Anyway I researched a little about it but there is alot of mystery behind the product and I'm not trying to be the first guy who actually dies from using this. I work a very stressful job and have 5 kids. I go to the gym everyday and am in good shape.but they do make you feel similar effects to opiates (for me it's usually less anxiety, more social and engaging to my clients). does anyone else have any experience using these? I know they're trying to say that they're not addictive, but I would whole heartedly disagree. any suggestions or tapering ideas on how to stop taking them? Anything would help thank you so

Hi and welcome to Bluelight! I had never heard of this product before and haven't tried it. So from what I just read from it's site, it's a kratom-infused sort of energy drink. If you want to stop using it, I would recommend a taper. Instead of using two bottles a day, get yourself down to just one. From there you could then try only taking half a bottle and work yourself down. My understanding is the withdrawals are very much like opiates. Maybe someone who has more experience with kratom will chime in with more tips.

Honestly my experience with kratom probably isn't the norm. I stopped after about two weeks, cold turkey. I didn't feel a withdrawal to speak of. But if you've been using a long time, and/or have had opiate addiction in your past, or even if a family member has had an opiate addiction (pointing out that to at least an extent you're susceptible to opiate addiction), then I wouldn't be surprised that you're having withdrawals. While it may not present as much of a terror as something like heroin withdrawal, it can be pretty brutal.

Do you drink caffeine? I've read that a few cups a day might have some health benefits, and it may provide that boost yo desire (if you don't already drink it).

So yeah: re-reading your post makes it seem likely, given your heredity and your past experience, that you're experiencing withdrawal. Honestly I'm withdrawing off of a drug which apparently has harsh withdrawals. Though it sucks, I'm plunging right into it (going cold turkey). We can be in this together if you wish. Hehe.

OP I fear you are going to be one of many. Word on the playground is this product contains a FST-like kratom extract which would account for your severe reaction upon cessation. Please report your story over on the reddit/r/quittingkratom sub where they currently have a thread about this product.

Claiming that a potent mu opioid receptor agonist is non-addictive is reckless at best. This company and it's parent conglomerate, Zag, are based in Canada however I won't be surprised to see a class action suit form in the near future.

Best of luck. If I were in your shoes I would order some plain leaf kratom from a reputable online vendor and begin a taper. It's going to be a lot easier than trying to taper an energy shot-style drink.

Hoooollllyyyy Shittt, I was looking at this product last week on a whim while at a gas station like literally had it in my hand. Almost bought it and had no idea it contained Kratom. That would have really fucking sucked for me. I was actually trying to kill time before a meeting. Scary stuff.

Basically, I had no melatonin and was visiting the parents. I thought "hey this stuff might contain melatonin thats all these things usually are". I looked at the back of it and thought it didn't contain anything that would help and just looked sketchy. So glad I put it back.

Gotta admit my first thought (that animal part of the brain) was "oh fuck you could have got some kratom"... then I thought "what the fuck no, that would have sucked". Funny how addiction works.

I bought one at the gas station months back and held in subligually like the directions said and it did nothing and I have no tolerance to anything at this point. Maybe the one I got was bunk?

Been doing these for 3 years now live in Alabama all of a sudden the prices shot up to like double the original amount I've heard 5 diff story company got shut down there's just a short bla bla anybody kno anything bout this situation?

where is here? what state u in im in alabama and just heard the company went out of business all of the places that sell it jacked the prices up but ive also heard like 10 other stories to .. have u heard anything where u live??

Man, I am so glad I didn't end up buy that stuff (like I said had no idea), I have to say, when I feel shitty the thought of trying to find this stuff still pops up for a few seconds. Once that idea is planted....

As for getting off, I'd say to stay away from any places you bought it.

Tried Kratom for the first time 2 years ago. Switched to vivazen, a year ago and am having the hardest time getting off. Honestly don't really no what to do. The longest I went with out was 3 days and I could have killed someone, I was so irritable, cold sweats, the works. The worst part is I always seem to be broke because that's all I spend myoney, 2 to 4 a day, sometimes more. So your not alone.

Ive been drinking min 2 but up to 6 for 2 a half years daily. And trust me friend its hard to quit.they just got outlawed in AL, its gonna be painful and brutal. But atleast i have no option but to quit. So if there is anyone with any advice to help me get through my struggle please post me some words of hope. I dont know how im gonna be able tobe sober it feels impossible.thanks for taking the time to read this and the best of luck to all of you guys and gals going through this battle

Yeah there about <no prices> per bottle where I'm at in Ohio. Just last week the only gas station that sold them they were pulled off the shelves and ironically I can't find them anywhere and there is a few people selling them for astronomically high prices on eBay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here man. I finished the last of what I had yesterday so today is my first day without one. I can't find them anywhere else so I guess I have no other choice but to quit. Best of luck to you

I'm not familiar with that or what it is. Could you give me a little bit more information? Thank you for your help

Thank you to everyone who responded. I've never posted anything like this before so after I posted this I quickly forgot about it. A quick update since then, I quit successfully for about a month or so and then something tragic in my life happened, and unfortunately I relapsed. For the last few months it's been the only thing that keeps me functioning and able to do my job and then go home and take care of Kids as a single father of 3. They recently removed them from all Circle K locations here and Ohio and I've noticed you can't get them anywhere else like Amazon and they've been sold out for months on their website so today is my first day quitting again, this time kind of being forced to. Thank you everybody for your responses, and I'd like to hear more about tapering and other ideas. I'm not doing too bad today but I know the withdrawals are coming soon since it hasn't even been a full 24 hours since my last vivazen. I've been going through at least two 12 packs a week, which equates to <No prices> so I know this will definitely help my pocket books but my performance at work and home life with my kids is going to suffer while experiencing this hell we call withdrawal lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is the perfect situation to use loperamide and do a taper.

agreed. OP go to the pharmacy and pick up some loperamide brand name is immodium. Start with a dose of 10mg when you are feeling withdrawals and see how you feel in a couple hours. It should minimize or eliminate the withdrawal. Then just taper down your dose of that over the next 2 weeks. Or of course you can just suffer through the 3-5 days of pain.

I never knew this product packed such a punch? my company used to wholesale them, but compared to our strong and reputable brands of kratom, this stuff was considered "weak" and filled with too much random shit that most customers passed on it

I tried it once and downed like 3 bottles and didn't feel a thing? isn't there a substantially lesser amount in these bottles than a normal dose of kratom??

Last edited: