• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What does it mean when your body temp is at 36.2 degrees?

Cpt.Caveman

Bluelighter
The question by itself is quite random but I just want to hear people's answers. It is drug related in some aspects, I'll only reveal how if the answers alarm me enough. haha

As far as I know, it just means that you are in a slight fever. Is that right?

What is a dangerously low temperature? 35 degrees and below?

Not true, 36.2 degrees Celsius would mean that your body is slightly colder than normal.

Humans generally try to maintain their internal body temperature at 37 degrees Celsius. This is the optimal operating temperature of the human machine, rather as an automobile engine has an optimal temperature range, below which engine oils become viscous and act to inhibit moving parts, and above which engine coolants (water) may boil. At temperatures much above or below 37 degrees, some essential body processes cease to operate.

Here's the link.
http://www.idlex.freeserve.co.uk/idle/evolution/human/ethics/needs.html

Perhaps if you gave us more background into your question (what substances have you been taking, is this person sick, have you been involved in physical activity such as dancing, are you at home or at a crowded warehouse, etc. etc. ) your question can be answered more comprehensivly.

Sorry I have to disagree.

The body's normal temp is 37.5C. A few degrees more or less then that and your dead. :)

Have fun Mr Zombie dude!8o

A few degrees more or less then that and your dead

Gaz-hmmmm... i beg to differ.... My normal body temperature from day to day (totally straight non-sick day to day that is) ranges from about 35.9 to 37.8.
I seem for all intents and purposes not to be dead to the general community and those around me.

some people obviously just run a bit cold ;)

Andromeda:)

I think what gaz is trying to say is that if your body temperature changes to 1deg +/- normal (37.5) and stays there then your body will basically start to stop functioning properly. Your liver won't work as well, and your bodies enzymes will be a lot less efficient (amongst other bad things that will happen). If the temperature change is much greater than that, then your homeostatic systems could shut down, which means you'll just keep getting colder/hotter until you end up with severe hypothermia/hyperthermia. This is BAD.

Bottom line - if you're experiencing major changes in body temperature on a regular basis, go see a doctor.

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor - this is stuff I'm remembering from year 12 biology

Well it was from my possible PMA experience a week from today...

The next day after having the pills my body temp was at 35.9 degrees while I was feeling extremely groggy, like the worst hangover you can think of. The next day, it climbed back up to 36.4 and I felt a little better...The next, it went up to 37.1, feeling a bit better again.

It went to 37 and I thought "fair enough, its on its way back to normal" and didn't bother checking it again but then yesterday (6 days after the pill), I got a really strong afterglow and peaked in the middle of a department store. Couldn't stop playing with things while I was following my girlfriend around, haha. Then I checked my temp afterwards and it was at 36.2, a similar temperature drop to the day after the pill.

Its now sat, a week from the pill, and my temperature dropped a little more to 36.0. I don't feel too bad, sometimes I actually feel good and quite normal. What could this mean?

I know that PMA raises body temperature and in some cases in high doses of it, people died of hypothermia. My guess is that it would have been their bodies desperately trying to counter-balance the changes the PMA made...

This seemed to make sense how the day after, my temp was very low (35.9) and it slowly started to climb back up as if there was not as much need for counterbalance, then it went to 37.1 and there was no counterbalance anymore as it was not needed at that slightly high temperature.

I could be completely wrong because I know nothing about how the bodys temperature works. I just want to know other peoples opinions, as I want to avoid going to hospital over it and being stuck in there overnight and having to miss work.

You'll miss a lot more work if you keel over and die, or your situation develops into something worse. Not trying to be a drama queen or anything, but some things are more important - take a sick day (since you're actually sick and all). If you're "stuck in hospital" overnight then chances are you're not in a good state and probably shouldn't be working anyway...

It might be nothing, but it won't be a waste of time checking it out properly. And make sure to tell them about the PMA - they're there to help you and they need to know.

Hope everything's fine and it's just a false alarm though!

Sorry, but how exactly are you measuring this? 37.5 refers to your core body temp, which you cannot just quickly assimilate with a thermometer under the tounge in 30secs... I'd say some of these body temp variations might just be a result of your experimental methodology ;)

Thoth raises a very good point.

In your position I'd be more worried about the "possible PMA experience" than the temperature fluxuations...

See a doctor about it if you're worried.

I think 36.2 is pretty much fine. That's within the normal "drop" when measuring temperature sublingually.

What Gaz said is not really true. If your body goes a few degrees over normal, then that is very dangerous. (42 is extremely hazardous)
However, your body temperature can fall quite a long way before there's any immediate danger. Of course you should see a doctor if it's noticably low for any length of time, but measuring 36.2 under the tongue is no cause for concern.

apollo said:
Thoth raises a very good point.

In your position I'd be more worried about the "possible PMA experience" than the temperature fluxuations...

See a doctor about it if you're worried.

my temp was taken one day at a friends house the next day after going out and it sat 41degrees most of the day...i spent the day laying on the ground under a fan.despite feeling like i was on fire,heat rushes,sweating,constant head spins it setteled after about 8 hours...my temp has a tendency to rise quite a bit while out.this doesnt bother me because water is my friend.i am still very carefully of how hot my temp gets though.:)

Last edited:
41c! Oh dear god! - if ever your temperature is sitting on or above 41c, get yourself to a Dr or hospital! At this level (known as hyperpyrexia), cells in your body start getting damaged, and organ damage occurs. I can only assume your thermometer was a bit off, otherwise, you would have suffered severely from a temp of 41c.

*starfalls69*: As for not being bothered by a high temperature, are you aware that in rats MDMA neurotoxicity is much worse when the rats are hot? Also, cases of liver and kidney failure post MDMA use have been attributed to hyperthermia. Personally, I would be very worried if my temperature ran at more than 38c. And drinking water does not protect you from hyperthermia, only from dehydration. If you have a fever related to partying, try the following:
1. apply cool cloths or have a cool (not too cold) shower
2. use a fan to cool your skin
3. remove excess clothes
4. minimise activity - rest as much as possible
5. if you are in a hot environment, go somewhere cooler
6. don't bother with paracetamol or other OTC anti-pyretic's, they won't have any effect in this instance

Re: normal temperature range, "normal" ranges seem to vary between here and the USA. I personally wouldn't worry if a temp was between 36c and 38c, but anything outside that range should be monitored.

Good thread, nice discussion thanks everyone. Please watch your body temperature when you're on drugs, it's the easy to overlook how hot you are when you're really hammered.

BigTrancer :)

dosent this still raise the point of how to accuratly measure your temp while rolling?
any ideas anyone??( bear in mind it has to be easy pillproof and portable)

how much more portable can u get than a regular thermometer??? seriously?

when i was in the US, after a day of working in the sun, mine hit a little over 100 farenhight (sp?). went straight to sleep for about 13 hours and was fine. When it was really high it was a strange feeling, like life was in slow motion. pretty cool experience!!
my 0.02

It has been found that for rats given MDMA, any environmental temperature variations either side of the optimal 25 deg C resulted in increased neurotoxicity (Jessica Malberg, Yale Uni)

In other words getting too cold while rollin may be just as damaging as getting too hot.

I have a friend aged in his early 40's who tried MDMA for the first time a couple of months ago. One of the uncomfortable reactions he had was that he felt a continual cold chill which made the experience somewhat unpleasant. This was despite the room being quite warm. His partner (who also took the same type of tablet) felt warm and cosy. What has tended to make him very reluctant towards another experience was that his inability to get warm lasted for almost 2 weeks after the experience!