• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy ETH-LAD Thread

Anyone ever combined this one with K, or another disso ?

I'm thinking of K-Holing while on ETH-LAD.

This shit's too strong. At least for me, the difference between 100ug and 150 ug is abyssal. Had my first "bad trip" ever las saturday. Felt really anxious during the come-up and was never able to recover from that anxiety. When the peak hit, it was extremely visual, senses where melting, strong synesthesia, I was tripping very very hard. I became pretty confused. For some reason , I couldn't really notice I was so anxious through the entire trip, and because of that I didn't do much to calm me down. But I spent the whole trip uncomfortable, extreme nausea, having deeply disphoric thoughts.

I wasn't all horrible, I had a particularly magical moment where I was looking at my girlfriend's face and it was as though I could see every single human being in her face, every emotion in her eyes. And then I felt like we were looking at each other in complete dissolution of cultural and intellectual considerations, it was like stripping myself completely naked and looking at each other from our bare humanity. So hard to explain, but it felt so profound and so intense. I feel changed after that, it was like a state of pure enlightenment, and I was filled with a calm euphoria. I came back from that with a deep knowledge about my human condition that I'm still trying to put into words.

Sadly, not long after that I slipped back into anxiety and was feeling pretty annoyed by the fact that my girlfriend couldn't speak coherently ( She was also on 150 ug of ETH-LAD) so communication became impossible. Intense introspection in such an anxious and frustrated state made me have some personal revelations that honestly still trouble me a little and during the trip put me in full blown panic state. Thinking back, had I taken a low dose of a benzo to relax a bit might have saved the trip. But for whatever reason I wasn't really aware of how anxious I actually was so I didn't think of doing it until the come-down were I became aware of how exhausted I was from all that tension. So it was a horrible trip over all, the only one I've had that I would qualify as a "Bad trip", completed with constant nausea and my first ever psychedelic vomit.

Needless to say I didn't end up doing the ket. ETH-LAD is no joke, unexperienced trippers thread lightly.

I had taken 150 ug before in conjunction with 3-MeO-PCP and surprisingly it felt gentler than last saturday's trip. It was unexpectedly strong, but I don't know, It wasn't that the sensory overload was too much to handle, I just felt really really anxious the whole time for no apparent reason. Mental setting going into the trip was pretty good too, I had a really great week and last couple of weeks and was really looking forward this trip. I think what might have caused this shipwreck was the fact that I was a little bit hangover from friday, but nothing terrible, just a little bit dehydrated. I haven't really drank much the day before. But anyway, I'm still trying to figure out what went wrong and learn from it.

It was really so much different from my trials with 100 ug. Like completely different drugs. I'm not really into doing heroic doses, but I've taken 300 ug of AL-LAD or 18 mg of 2C-E and it was much more manageable than this one. This one made me feel like a newbie: I had my ass handed to me.

Oh man, sorry you had a rough time. But geez, that sounds like a whole handful of trips I had early on. I think everyone who trips has these occasionally, trips that are filled with anxiety which never really abates. I haven't had one in a long time though. And hey, you even had a beautiful part of the experience which is more than I can say for some of mine. I think this sounds like a case of a difficult trip, but still worthwhile, you'll be fine, maybe you'll look back at this in the future as something beautiful and meaningful. My third trip ever, I took mushrooms in my mom's attic and my friends and I broke our rule and went downstairs, thinking they'd have gone to sleep, but the whole family was still awake... it put The Fear into me, god it was horrible, and my mom found a giant bag of mushrooms and weed during it, too, and confronted me about it. I felt like everything was going to be bad forever, I've maybe never felt such an intense feeling of self-loathing as I did during that trip. But then I came down and I was so happy to be through it I felt euphoric, and I don't really even consider it a "bad trip" today, because I learned some important lessons from it.

It was really so much different from my trials with 100 ug. Like completely different drugs. I'm not really into doing heroic doses, but I've taken 300 ug of AL-LAD or 18 mg of 2C-E and it was much more manageable than this one. This one made me feel like a newbie: I had my ass handed to me.

In case you had bought blotters from online vendors, you should know that they vary wildly in dosage. I once picked two from the same sheet that contained 20ug each at the very most, while another single blotter sent my wife into the abyss, it was insane.

My advice: Take all those blotters and put them into solution, so you know how much you are getting. However I am not sure how stable the substance is, it might decompose in aqueous solution or in ethanol. Mine lasted more than 3 weeks without noticable difference in strength. Might have remained the same after months.

I did that with my AlLad blotters that were very sloppily dosed - used distilled water, now when I take a dropper I get about 25 mics, so normally I take 2 droppers. My eth's are also a bit spotty, but I don't feel like dissolving them.

Might be a good idea to try that, I had actually gotten some variability between trips that I wasn't sure I could attribute to sloppy dosing because it was barely noticeable. But maybe it is that after all ?

on 1/4 blotter eth once again which feels like 3/4 blotter so
either I got really sensitive or it's really not spread evenly on the paper.

happy to be over the line as it were

on 1/4 blotter eth once again which feels like 3/4 blotter so
either I got really sensitive or it's really not spread evenly on the paper.

happy to be over the line as it were
For the most part, as far as these online vendors go, their doses range wildly from tabs that are even next to each other on the sheet. ETH was the only evenly laid sheet I've gotten between all the substances. And even then it's just speculation as I have no way to test the chemical on the paper

It's somehow comforting that I can go away for a few months and come back reliably to yet another report of someone having an utterly extreme reaction from just a small dosage increase of ETH-LAD....

Img_9999, for what it's worth, I once decided to take LSD with a tension headache. Not even a hangover, just a headache.... It turned out to be by an extremely wide margin the most negative and uncomfortable and even delirious LSD trip I've ever had, making me black out several times and come to in mid-nonsense when even twice as many blotters from the same batch normally had me very clearheaded for what it is, causing a huge body load whereas LSD before and since has always had none whatsoever for me, and just being really bizarre and dark in both its hallucinogenic style and thought processes in a way that I had never experienced from it before, extremely self-deprecating and depressed. The next time I took it, without a headache, I was fine.... I don't trip anymore unless my body feels absolutely completely ready for it. Just some food for thought.

Sorry you had a bad time either way, but it does sound like at the same time you were touching upon something big, and I would have to agree with Xorkoth that this definitely sounds like the kind of experience that could be looked upon favorably in retrospect down the line. That state of pure enlightenment and the experience that led to it does sound a lot like the kind of thing I would expect from ETH-LAD based on my one experience with it so far and comparing it to other similar psychedelics, and I bet it would be wonderful to explore further when you're in a more positive headspace during it.... And, personal revelations, if genuine, are good to have whether they are unsettling or not, and if something about yourself does make you uncomfortable you might as well deal with it and move on, lest you just let it continue to fester within you. Also, I have to say the only trips I've ever had where I vomited were some of the best psychedelic experiences of my life.... Almost nothing cranks up a trip for me quite like that particular form of release, I totally get why they call it the purge.

Just some thoughts.... Maybe it is just a ridiculously intense drug no matter what you do, and the continued warnings are appreciated.

I'm finally ready to return to this one myself, planning to take 100 ug this weekend for my second time since it's been a while since the first, and then maybe 200 ug a couple weeks later depending on how that goes. Should be enlightening. :)

...Yeah, looking back after only a few weeks it was actually a pretty defining trip in some senses. There's some themes and questions that appeared during the trip that still pop into my stream of consciousness during my daily rutine. There's stuff I need to work with, some hard decisions to be made, and I really really need to make my mind about some of the things that were questioned during the trip.

Psychedelics are powerful tools. I got a rough lesson. I now think that the main reason the trip was so harsh in the anxiety and bodyload departments was the fact that even thought I felt fine, I still wasn't in perfect health condition because of the drinking and sub optimal sleep I've had the night before. Oh well, now I've learned to have everything in place before attempting a high dose psychedelic trip.

I still don't know if I wanna stay with 100 ug as my sweet spot (Because I've had many sweet trips at that dosage) or actually give it another attempt at 150 ug keeping benzos at hand just in case.

Glad to hear it appreciated in value. :) I can definitely relate a lot to what you say and it's great that you're doing the work that needs to be done. Not always easy for sure but I'm sure you'll come out a better and stronger person for it. <3

You can say that again, psychedelics are literally awesome. Demanding of respect for certain. But also forgiving. Wouldn't trade 'em for anything. :D Yeah, that definitely makes enough sense to me, like I said I learned that lesson the hard way, and not just that once.... Just another thing I love about them though honestly, now that I'm used to it, it's just another sharpened focus into the decisions we make and the ways we treat ourselves to learn from.

I mean, you took it before with 3-MeO-PCP, right? I'd bet you could do it again with better preparation and a good setting. Out of curiosity, do you ever use nitrous oxide? I freaking love that stuff.... It makes any harsh trip easier for me for the same kinds of reasons I imagine the 3-MeO-PCP also smoothed it out for you before, and it's barely around for any time at all but can totally have a lasting impact on the experience. I always do a balloon with eight chargers in a meditative setting, sometimes with music, to guarantee that I'll briefly snap into a complete salvia-like (happy salvia-like) dissociative space and experience the complete "letting go" trip and release all tensions, as after that point any psychedelic trip totally opens up to me, and if it lets up, rinse and repeat.... I'm definitely going to have some around for my upcoming trip!

I ended up taking my second 100 ug of this yesterday.... The body load was still rough at the beginning, but much easier than the first time I took it at the same dosage a couple years ago, and I have been healthier lately, plus I rode a recumbent bike for the first 45 minutes after dosing, then took a nice hot shower, and kept myself moving around a lot of the trip especially compared to before, so I think that helped a lot. It also almost completely dissipated other than a mild tightness after the first few hours during the heaviest psychedelic effects, and then it was pretty much all smooth. It's a bit challenging for me but I look forward to learning from it with future experiences and further increasing my comfort with this one.

The trip is insane.... This dosage didn't get me quite to the level I want to be at for it yet, but what I can see of it so far is incredibly powerful. With eyes open there was little in the way of geometric visuals or distortions, a small amount that was LSD-like though with a distinct color scheme but nothing particularly intense, but already I was seeing lots of actual hallucinations beginning to form particularly in the darkness, such as lots of insects and arachnids crawling over my kitchen counters or people walking passing my doorways in the rooms around me. With eyes closed I am beginning to see extremely large, three-dimensional patterns forming with detail rivaling mushrooms and DMT, and when zooming into the edges of these patterns I can see endless crowds of people perfectly aligned in rows all holding hands like on salvia. The scenes are not fully realized and the colors are still a bit dark but at this point I can already tell these are some of the strongest visuals I've ever seen, possibly when the strongest when I bring them out a bit more. Most of these disappeared after the peak however and left me primarily with the lingering open eye visuals for the rest of the trip.

The headspace had certain qualities highly overlapping with LSD but otherwise was quite distinct from it compared to, say, AL-LAD. Despite feeling quite powerful it seems far more grounded in reality than LSD and noticeably lacked many of the "getting high" aspects I tend to associate more with LSD like a greater resistance to enhanced bodily awareness or strain or any stimulant effects, and actually I ate quite frequently throughout the trip because smoking cannabis was making me really hungry in a way it generally wouldn't with something more stimulating like LSD. Perhaps because of this or perhaps just on its own there was also a somewhat "sinister" vibe to the trip, but I say this not to suggest that the trip was scary but rather that's just sort of the emotional attitude it seemed to take to express itself, not unlike how I have heard DPT described by some, and this combined with the more grounded quality and aspects of the hallucinogenic experience actually made ETH-LAD's relationship to LSD feel highly analogous to 4-HO-DET's to psilocin for me. As I thought about it I realized that ETH-LAD and 4-HO-DET both actually seem to touch upon a similar lesson for me so far, which is: things are about to get weird, but you still have to give in and go with the flow; as I had this thought I had a vivid mental image burst into existence of a woman wearing something between a sexy BDSM outfit and some kind of alien monster hide clothing involving long strings of eyeballs and sharp teeth dripping blood, similar themes to when I've smoked 4-AcO-DET in the past. There were also some mind's eye images earlier on of things with dark magic themes or dark fiction I've been enjoying lately which also reminds me of past 4-HO-DET trips.

It's also worth noting that the comeup took a while and there did in some sense seem to be two peaks as others have said, I was convinced I had sort of hit it for a while and then suddenly it started kicking in much harder a bit later. As I said I believe the peak then only lasted a few hours but the lingering effects beyond that I could feel for the rest of the day, it was at least ten hours after dosing before I really started to not be feeling them at all times, but that's also given that they were never overly intense to begin with. Sleep came quite easily at night and I got a full rest. Today I'm feeling both good but also a bit sore and smoking cannabis makes things spacier than usual though not much visual happens.

I think that's about all I have to report for now.... Definitely looking forward to my next experience with this one now. :) I may wait a little longer than I had previously expected however, as I feel that I would like to take a little longer to integrate some of the lessons I extracted from it before returning....

agreed
turbulent rise then raging peak for 2 hours then steady intensity (is this the second peak, it has a different strong character) for 2 hours and gentle lingering afterwards.
I get that from 1/4 tab
during the raging peak I had to hide,
all senses were hectic - I managed to read somehow.(Death's End - the three body problem ... excellent)
but it was hard to sit still.
then, during the steady intensity that followed everything was lovely - this is the part I want to last and last.
at least with 1/4 I can go again in a couple of days,
nothing lasts forever

my wife adores talking with me during the steady intensity. I guess we both benefit from this medication.
we went out during the second peak and had olive oil cake and langavulin whisky

It is as if all the push of 1p is concentrated up front

I ended up taking my second 100 ug of this yesterday.... The body load was still rough at the beginning, but much easier than the first time I took it at the same dosage a couple years ago, and I have been healthier lately, plus I rode a recumbent bike for the first 45 minutes after dosing, then took a nice hot shower, and kept myself moving around a lot of the trip especially compared to before, so I think that helped a lot. It also almost completely dissipated other than a mild tightness after the first few hours during the heaviest psychedelic effects, and then it was pretty much all smooth. It's a bit challenging for me but I look forward to learning from it with future experiences and further increasing my comfort with this one.

Nice report Kaleida. There seems to be some pretty strong consensus on how ETH-LAD operates around here, which also agrees with my own experiences with it.

all senses were hectic - I managed to read somehow.(Death's End - the three body problem ... excellent)

Cool, I heard about that book and was thinking about reading it. Good to hear you enjoyed it. Might have to pick it up for my next read.

Yeah, I agree on most of your observations, Kaleida.

Also noticed how the body load on this one can be alleviated by physical activity. I actually had a trip where I spend most of it riding my bike (Oh my, it was on last year's bicycle day, one of my favorite trips to date!) and as you said, I noticed no body-load at all. Keeping active during the come-up made all the nausea go away for me.

agreed
turbulent rise then raging peak for 2 hours then steady intensity (is this the second peak, it has a different strong character) for 2 hours and gentle lingering afterwards.
I get that from 1/4 tab
during the raging peak I had to hide,
but it was hard to sit still.
then, during the steady intensity that followed everything was lovely - this is the part I want to last and last.
at least with 1/4 I can go again in a couple of days,
nothing lasts forever

my wife adores talking with me during the steady intensity. I guess we both benefit from this medication.
we went out during the second peak and had olive oil cake and langavulin whisky

It is as if all the push of 1p is concentrated up front

Wow, that's a lot from 1/4 tab! I definitely need to try some lower dosages to see how it hits me, especially with this one (still, apparently) getting ready to disappear from the market, gotta stretch that supply. Yeah, that definitely sounds like about the time course I was working with.

The second peak was certainly my favorite part of this trip. :) 100 ug already produced a very powerful experience even if I do still want to push further.... It got pretty deeply personal and psychological in ways I'm still trying to really work out the significance of, but was still quite clearheaded for what it was despite that. I could definitely see it lending to some interesting conversation in a more social setting, especially with the whisky as I think that would help me with the body load, heh.

Still haven't tried 1P-LSD, though I've got a couple hits.... I can say though that ETH-LAD reminds me a LOT of LSD in the way it unfolds over time, but the peak feels more deeply psychedelic whereas the lingering effects actually feel a little less pronounced for me, so I could see it being described as more concentrated....

Nice report Kaleida. There seems to be some pretty strong consensus on how ETH-LAD operates around here, which also agrees with my own experiences with it.

Thanks, glad you liked it. :) Yeah, I definitely felt that the way it affected me was pretty consistent with the way it's largely been described here. It makes me even more excited to dose higher with it next time. =D (And terrified... but terror is good. :D)

Yeah, I agree on most of your observations, Kaleida.

Also noticed how the body load on this one can be alleviated by physical activity. I actually had a trip where I spend most of it riding my bike (Oh my, it was on last year's bicycle day, one of my favorite trips to date!) and as you said, I noticed no body-load at all. Keeping active during the come-up made all the nausea go away for me.

Glad things lined up about right, makes me more confident that I understood the drug well enough. :)

Man, a whole trip spent on the bike sounds a bit exhausting, haha. I guess it aligns with the holiday though.... I'll definitely have to give it a try some time after I build up a bit more endurance! I've just recently started riding that thing pretty much every morning if I can, but I'm pretty happy to have it in my life already. I've been trying to ride it for every trip comeup too since I've pretty much determined that practically all psychedelic body loads seem to work that way for me, where keeping myself active significantly lessens them. Unfortunately, one of my top favorite things to do while tripping also happens to be lying completely still in bed lol. I'm still trying to figure out how exactly to reconcile those two things....

that's funny:
Unfortunately, one of my top favorite things to do while tripping also happens to be lying completely still in bed lol. I'm still trying to figure out how exactly to reconcile those two things....

Maybe we don't have to reconcile things we like, just embrace each as it arrives.

Just ride the bike to a quiet clearing in nature then cuddle the bike with headphones on whilst basking in the sunlight. Sounds pretty nice and romantic to me. Bikes deserve romance too...

^ Yeah, that's what I do. I definitely didn't spent the WHOLE trip pedaling, but jumped off the bike here and there to lie in the grass with my headphones and look at the sky.

Anyways, I pretty much ride my bike every day, it is my main mean of transportation, so I'm pretty used to long pedaling journeys. Also, lysergamides are energetic like that, even on ETH-LAD which I don't find particularly stimulating I was pretty much tireless. What impressed me the most on that trip was the great mind-body communication I experienced. I think I wrote a small report somewhere on bluelight.