• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy ETH-LAD Thread

Thats funny....PerpetualDawn....I too have had this idea come up while tripping on several occasions!

So deos the empathogen feel to this make it feel a bit like a phen? 2cx perhaps?? Maybe 2cb? I know before I tried AL-lAD I imagined it to be like 2c-b due to the trip reports....BUT I found it to be nothing like it! Phens tend to be my favorite for recreational use....when I use LSD or tryptamines Im ALWAYS nervous....phens Im more excited!

I always thought that the first people to ingest a substance are the ones who put their consciousness into said substance and mold the experience for users in the future, mostly pertaining to psychedelics. Very strange.

Lad Flipping.

3:35pm 150ug of AL-LAD (side note, these tabs are about a year old, vacuum sealed and placed in a freezer, so this should be interesting on the stability questions) and 150ug of ETH-LAD placed under tongue. Grateful Dead concert on YouTube and meditating with my crystals.

4:00pm, typical come up anxiety expierecned, hands getting sweaty...anticipation. The Dead sound great. Come up is actually going pretty smoothe as opposed to my 300 ETH-Lad experience.

4:35pm 1 hour after dosing feeling slightly off baseline. Music sounds great, but really nothing visual to report. Headspace is some minor confusion. But nothing drastic to report.

4:51 lol, here comes the visuals, music sounds awesome... Feeling really relaxed and just GOOD.

5:20pm fee like I am coming up again, more anxiety...

Not fade away just brought me to tears... Thinking I need to show my long time girlfriend some better attention...

you our would think this would be a visual clownfuck... But iam feeling very emotional right now.... And the visuals are minor..

and as soon as I say that.... Oh wow

Mine is in the mail i'll be trying it soon :). Someone said on a facebook group that he wasn't that impressed with AL-LAD, but very impressed with Eth. I'm pretty excited. I enjoyed AL-LAD a lot, LSZ felt weird for some reason. I think its best to leave the two Ethyls on that Nitrogen.

Last edited:
yaesutom; You'll love it ^
My second try... Yes i felt more empathy, as i am already an em-path.This time there was so much euphoria from my first try... I guess this time i was not in the caution "mode" from trying something new; eth-lad's to me is so much like LSD with a little extra... \

Just to finish off where I left off last night. Personally I will not be mixing Al and Eth ever again... The Al Lad added much more anxiety and confusion to the trip, them jest taking Eth Lad solo... It's kind of like driving a pimped out Honda Accord, when you could be driving a Maserati. Eth Lad is just a lot more smoother and fluid by itself. Still had a great time, love eating Indian food while on it. Ended up watching a great movie "Wild" and drinking a few light beers on the comedown. Thinking 300ug of Eth Solo is where it is at...although I may be inclined to try and flip it with a few grams of shrooms in the future.

So deos the empathogen feel to this make it feel a bit like a phen? 2cx perhaps?? Maybe 2cb? I know before I tried AL-lAD I imagined it to be like 2c-b due to the trip reports....BUT I found it to be nothing like it! Phens tend to be my favorite for recreational use....when I use LSD or tryptamines Im ALWAYS nervous....phens Im more excited!

It doesn't feel like a phenethylamine to me, it really feels like what it is; an acid variant. It does seem to have a touch of phenethylamine flavour, but it's definitely a lysergamide. To me it feels like LSD predominantly, mixed with some 2C-x (2C-E) and a tiny bit of MDMA - not that I've tried that combo, but it's the closest analogy I can come up with. I'm sure it is it's own thing, and you couldn't really replicate it with some combo of other drugs. I agree that AL-LAD is nothing like 2C-B.

yaesutom said:
Mine is in the mail i'll be trying it soon . Dave Nichols said on a facebook group that he wasn't that impressed with AL-LAD, but very impressed with Eth. I'm pretty excited. I enjoyed AL-LAD a lot, LSZ felt weird for some reason. I think its best to leave the two Ethyls on that Nitrogen.

Are you sure Dave Nichols actually said this? It would surprise me if he publicly stated anything about his own use of psychedelic drugs. Maybe he was just saying he was impressed with it from an intellectual perspective? Or maybe he's more open about this stuff than I imagined.

Yeah, maybe it was another Dave. Anyway person said that Eth can get quite freaky. I thought I read somewhere that Eth is more of a dopamine agonist..like LSD or moreso, and AL-LAD has less of that.

Edit:MIND BEING BLOWN!

I can't even believe some of the things i've been seeing the last couple hours off one of those 150ug tabs. Way more intense in every way than any LSD trip i've had, WAY better than AL-LAD/LSZ. Also WAY more cool psychedelic crazy time warps and rainbow colors everywhere with NO body load (after the comeup, i stopped noticing ha!) its like LSD but BETTER! like WAYYYY better! i just now experienced my whole vision pixelate like super mario world when the level fades out. Things like that i have never seen before on any psychedelic are happening... MIND BLOWN! Time warps were happening all around me like everything had its own time capsule some zipping forward others going way too slow like the mechanism by which our brains regulate all that was gone, but not like LSD gone, plus extra rainbows.

my mind hasn't been blown like this in forever... very VERY unique visual effects. I rode around on my bike and would stop and the whole cement looked like intricate artwork. I don't even want to start talking about what happens when you look at a tree....

I'm pretty sure if someone took two of these, they would become god.

This is definitely near the top possibly the best psychedelic i've ever done. Fully immersive psychedelic all around just better in every way to LSD. It seems to have a lot of things LSD is missing and not really lacking in anything. The peak takes 2-3 hours to get to and then it is straight to the point with no fuss (it slowly came into the peak it didn't all hit suddenly, more gradual). Still seeing mild tracers 12 hours after dosing but the trip was pretty much over some hours ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
it really is something special, just a lovely drug! And for god sakes look at the trees!

oh yeah I tried one 150µg blotter last night in my lab (no tripsitter) and it was very overwhelming ... very good OEV (breathing walls and fun with wallpaper pattern, my room became an ufo) and less CEV (than I had with 1p-LSD lately) ... wasn't expecting such a blast ... in the mirror I saw different people including aliens morphing back to my familiar face ... duration about 12 hours ...helped me on comedown with one lorazepam 1mg ... overall a very nice compound which reminds to my few lucy experiences back in the days ... I would prefer it to 1p-LSD where I only know small doses so far ... report isn't too detailed as I wasn't very well prepared and it was a bit spontaneous experience ...long time during trip I couldn't remember about actually taken dose and I had to find out what is going on here in general ... most of the time I was very happy :) ... I got a good picture how powerful this compound is ... in general I love lysergamides but the duration is sometimes a bit too long ... 9 hours something would be perfect! It is a sacrament and should be treated with much respect! Needed some hours to integrate the experience today but got my things done with more passion ... on the afternoon I had a long sleep and now I feel completely recharged ...

Does anyone know if the blotters seem evenly laid? I'm hoping the Eth is spread evenly throughout the hits rather than someone dropping a drop on corners or in the middle. One hit was a bit too strong but it will be nice if I can cut them appropriately for the dose I want (like 2/3rd a hit for a day outside in public). I was feeling and seeing echo tracers several seconds long and touch tracers (i'd be walking, stop walking but still feel echo's of my walk which i'm not sure i've experienced before... maybe high dose DOC but hard to remember).

Does anyone know if the blotters seem evenly laid? I'm hoping the Eth is spread evenly throughout the hits rather than someone dropping a drop on corners or in the middle. One hit was a bit too strong but it will be nice if I can cut them appropriately for the dose I want (like 2/3rd a hit for a day outside in public). I was feeling and seeing echo tracers several seconds long and touch tracers (i'd be walking, stop walking but still feel echo's of my walk which i'm not sure i've experienced before... maybe high dose DOC but hard to remember).

No, we don't know. It's currently being debated in the 1-P-LSD thread among other places. The thing is, when AL-LAD came out there were some reports of people having ideosyncratic experiences, that were either way too mild or way too overwhelming, compared to what effects others got from one blotter.

Now, it seems this tendency is a lot more common with 1-P-LSD, and there is good reason to believe that it is due to an issue with metabolism. From your report it could sound like ETH-LAD has this issue as well.

I don't think we can conclude anything or rule anything out. But it is strange that all the LSD analogs would have this issue, but not LSD proper - Or maybe LSD has this metabolism issue too, but we just call it "set and setting"? I dunno.

No, we don't know. It's currently being debated in the 1-P-LSD thread among other places. The thing is, when AL-LAD came out there were some reports of people having ideosyncratic experiences, that were either way too mild or way too overwhelming, compared to what effects others got from one blotter.

Now, it seems this tendency is a lot more common with 1-P-LSD, and there is good reason to believe that it is due to an issue with metabolism. From your report it could sound like ETH-LAD has this issue as well.

I don't think we can conclude anything or rule anything out. But it is strange that all the LSD analogs would have this issue, but not LSD proper - Or maybe LSD has this metabolism issue too, but we just call it "set and setting"? I dunno.

Just out of curiosity, isn't every other psychedelic exactly the same in the whole fact that they effect everyone differently at the same dosage? We are working with something unpredictable in nature and you guys are wondering why it is unpredictable?

And editing this to add that LSD is exactly the same, if you look some people have strong effects from 100 ug and some don't get strong effects until much later on. I also feel like people who are distributing this have been around long enough that even distribution of doses has probably been worked out by now. It just confounds me that you would wonder at this, have you guys never seen the dude who trips the fuck out off a single tab? Psychedelics are very subjective.

Last edited:
Unpredictable and subjective, sure. But not in the degree that people are reporting with the 1-P-LSD particularly, and also to some degree with AL-LAD and now also ETH-LAD. But maybe you are right, maybe it's nothing special........I don't know what to think any longer.

It's kind of the "dirty acid" debate all over - everybody has an opinion, but nobody has that "smoking gun" that can end the discussion once and for all.

I don't think yaesutom's report sounded necessarily out of line from other reports or how potent I experienced this to be, from one tab. These are strong doses, heads up!

I know some guys who recently gave eth-lad a try. They reported that they didn't get any visuals or any hallucinations for that matter. They said that it was about ten hours of an insane feeling body high. I'm going to give this chemical a try in the near future, but I'm going through some tough times, so I'm waiting for a time where I feel good enough to plan a trip.
Anyone experience something similar with eth-lad? What they described is like the one time I took al-lad. It wasn't that great.

There was a point a 2-3 hours in where I thought I was getting a 2nd come up like others have mentioned. It was like I came up first, thought that I had plateaued (and it was already a strong trip.. which is when I decided to go out and ride my bike). Then a little later it suddenly started really amping up hardcore lol. Like someone turning a knob up to volume 11 slowly. Around that time I started saying oh shit...things are getting serious lol. I can't stop raving about this chemical. Possibly the most medicinal chemical i've taken. Almost felt natural like mescaline/shrooms like it had a bit of each of the good ones in one compound.

I don't think yaesutom's report sounded necessarily out of line from other reports or how potent I experienced this to be, from one tab. These are strong doses, heads up!

I have some liquid lsd I made from crystal at 100 ug solution I haven't plaid with yet, decided to let my first hard trip be something novel, it has been a long time since I used lsd. What would you say this would match up to when it comes to a dose of lsd strength wise? How about AL-LAD? Because I have had some anxiety tripping at higher doses for a while until I took this trip, and now I am not sure where to go from here. And yeah, I also could agree with you on the underdosing topic, have a newborn to take care of so has to be quick, I think that the AL-LAD tabs were underdosed at first or degraded quickly, because I had a tab in the beginning when it first came out and everything was full blown changing colors off one tab, and I have never had a tab hit me like that of the AL-LAD again. So you could be right could be wrong, we could both be wrong and right at the same time, whoknows until as you said, the smoking gun is brought to the table.

I think the ETH-LAD is much more potent than AL-LAD. Hard to compare to LSD because Ive never known the exact dosage of my acid, but it wouldn't surprise me if eth-lad is on par (or even more potent, as I think Shulgin claimed). If you want a lower intensity trip Id advise 1/2 to 2/3 tab.

I can't wait to try my ETH-LAD now, he he, I wonder why they made them at 150 ug if it is equipotent to LSD and 1-P-LSD?