• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy ETH-LAD Thread

I personally liked this trip at 150ugs.
I.thought that this was had much more headfuck than.than 1p. Just enough to sligtly immerse. I would like to push it to a higher level.
As to 1p lsd its night and day. The visuals on 1p have troble forming in my.opinion. also it doesn't have that sinister feel at all as other have also stated.
I felt very happy just like I did off lsd, I could not achieve this level of peace on 1p. Shulgins description in tihkal is very accurate info.
Same type expirence.
This felt.very very clean. No bodyload ( cramps vasco issues) at all. The afterglow was wonder full. I wasnt expecting these results honestly most of the new lysergamines were dissapointing compared to real Lucy.
Now I also want to stay this is trip or any other trip I have had on any of these analogues has not ever matched lucys charm.
Much love
Nugz

Seems these analogues effect everyone different... Best thing to do is find a reputable source and sample for yourself. I can say this, for me ETH-lad, is very, very, very nice.

woooooo mine are on their way!

Can someone give me a comparison between ETH-LAD and AL-LAD?

At this point, AL-LAD is my favorite substance I have ever experimented with with the possible exception of ethanol.

AL-LAD is shorter, more stimulating, and -slightly- more headspacey.
ETH-LAD is 12hrs, much more sedating, and has a very clean, lucid headspace.

Honestly, they're incredibly similar, but I just prefer ETH-LAD because it doesn't make me as shakey.

I noticed ETH-LAD has a few "stages" as well...The come up, then a small plateau, then it comes up more and starts visuals about an hour after that first plateau. I've only had it twice, but I keep noticing this.

I noticed the doses are 150ug, with this one.. I will report back, next week about how it is....

I'm curious
Can any one give a comparisons. From those who have already mixed of 1p & al-lad... as-in visuals; less, more etc...

AL-LAD is shorter, more stimulating, and -slightly- more headspacey.
ETH-LAD is 12hrs, much more sedating, and has a very clean, lucid headspace.

Honestly, they're incredibly similar, but I just prefer ETH-LAD because it doesn't make me as shakey.

I noticed ETH-LAD has a few "stages" as well...The come up, then a small plateau, then it comes up more and starts visuals about an hour after that first plateau. I've only had it twice, but I keep noticing this.

Hmmm....less headspace than AL-LAD? Thats hard to imagine....so far Ive heard very much like lucy and also very much like AL.. are the visuals the same? More or less visual than AL or Lucy?

I believe that at this point descriptions regarding ETH-LAD should be considered speculative, since no one's done it very much yet, and every trip of any psychedelic is going to be completely different. I feel a bit silly talking about it since I've only had one go, but I guess I feel like I've done lots of PDs over the years, so hopefully my observations can be a helpful contribution to coming to a shared understanding of this stuff.

So far is seems like there is consensus that Shulgin's description was pretty bang on. Regarding headspace - I found it to be deeper than AL-LAD. Visuals-wise - I found AL-LAD to be the most OEV-visual substance I've ever tested (per unit of psychedelic punch), lots of patterning OEVs, like constant ripples and visual feedback on the edge detection wetware. ETH-LAD was rich visually, but less patterned in OEV, more of the high-def enhanced vision like I find with LSD. Saturated colour, detail, awareness of beauty. Visual imagination (CEV) was so impressive with ETH-LAD, with some really vivid animated 3D geometric fractal synaesthetic stuff for me around the 3-4h mark, perhaps one of the most amazing things I've ever "seen" on psychedelics.

To me, ETH-LAD is deeper than AL-LAD, and less cutting to the core than LSD. Maybe ETH-LAD really does represent some middle ground between AL-LAD and LSD? While I was on it, that theory seemed like a silly meaningless description of the substance, but now from the distance it seems to fit a bit better. Regardless, it's it's own unique substance, that's for sure.

Tazer floyd mentioned that he prefers ETH-LAD because it doesn't make him as shakey. I don't remember shakiness on AL-LAD, but ETH-LAD does have a more solid grounded feel to it, so I can imagine what he's talking about. Unlike Tazer I didn't find any more or less stimulation than with AL-LAD, but probably less stimulation than with LSD.

AL-LAD is very light. LSD can be pretty heavy duty, like it makes you feel like you need to re-write your life script every time. ETH-LAD might be juuuuuust right. Heavy enough to get you looking into your mind in a new light, but with a little positive push to help keep things joyous and open. A warm beam of setting sunshine on the boogeyman in the closet, so you can give him a little tickle and remember he's not so bad. Then you give him a cup of fractal tea and a book to read, leave the door ajar, and go on with having an awesome trip.

Yeah actually 150 is a great starter dose. I have always been inclined to think that with 1p and al llad that they are underdosed. This was quite a suprise I can't complain a about these beimg underdosed that is for sure!
Much love,
Nugz

So I think that 1p was laid very strong...in fact I almost lost it on one trip///wait IN FACT I think i recognize you from another forum Bigazznugz.... and I reported on said forum that I think that my hit may have had more than 100ug on it...anyway all of them were strong so Ill just go with the law of averages and say that one hit of 1p is potentially a fully emersive experience with enough mental challenge that I wouldnt recommend doing it alone for the first time...how would you compare this compound in ragrads to mental intensity? Even if you persoanlly didnt feel it could go bad for you do you feel that the headspace had confusion? Looping thoughts like classic lucy/1p? AL-LAD would be an example of a compound that I would do alone for the first time as it posed no challenge at all for me....sort of the 1c-b of lysergamides.

Very Cid like, but smoother.. Less cartoon like and more fluid. Sorry, a little tired right now... Will try to write more after the weekend. But just a very enjoyable and amazing substance. I would have no personal need to go higher in dose. 150 is the perfect dose. 300 is great for taking it to the next level. Very, very pleased, and feeL BLESSED!

150 was a hefty dose (and perfect, I concur) but I'd definitely take it up to 300 to see what it's like. I'm really glad to hear it went well Hawk-o.

I also agree with "it's like acid but smoother" - smoother, rounder and mighty.

450mcg Yesterday :)

The trip itself was a true ++++, and that's for someone who is(was?) completely 0% spiritual in any way. I was melted into a soup of everything and everyone and well let's say I got the message, and that it was beautiful. I will try not to go into that stuff much :)

The come up was actually very intense, it was coming on strong within 20mins and I had that feeling you have when you know you are going in too deep, but you're not there yet. Yeah "I'm fucked" After 50mins I could no longer text anyone because the writing was all over the screen and was pink and green. I couldn't walk straight, I was stumbling about, I was worried. But, whenever I actually analyzed the situation, I wasn't being taken away anywhere and I had complete control of my mind. It continued to intensify until about 2 hours.

At about the 2-2.5 hour mark, it started to level out. The worry and even problems walking that I had coming up were fading fast and it started to feel as comfortable as an AL-LAD trip. The visuals were out of this world like I've never had. CEV's were like this: http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/121/6/e/The_Path_by_Cavemandd.jpg (But much more crisp, 100% crisp) but it was all animated, moving and entirely new scene each second, living and breathing.

By 3 hours, I was already comfortable enough to go outside to the park. On the way I noticed how all the plants looked HD, even the ones in the distance had the same level of details as the ones up close. I had that typical lysergamide clone tool visuals you get when looking at trees, but it was just so clear. Large tree's and their bark were fixated in my vision, it didn't look like I was walking around them it looked like they were 2D sprites always facing me and turning towards me.

Even though I felt very very comfortble and confident, even around so many people, I felt that if someone tried to talk to me I'd have absolutely no idea what I was doing and jump like a scared cat. I tested this out when buying ice cream, yes it was awkward :) Oh I have to pick flavours? Fuck, I knew 'd fuck something up. Oh, yeah I should look at the flavours... ok...

I went home because even though only a tiny bit got on my face, it felt like I'd spilled the entire thing down my face and clothes and was getting obsessed with wiping my already clean face, clean.

At home (about +4 hours or so) I lied down and listened to music. Something amazing happened, It felt exactly like when a strong shroom trip takes over you. The music was incredible, I started to feel a part of it, I've never had music sound this good on LSD, only on shrooms. The visuals and music together were just amazing, I felt myself slipping away, I was melting into this spiritual fractal world, and it wasn't scary, it was amazing. I wanted it to take me, at the moment I felt like I could leave everything behind and just exist like that forever. It was a complete breakthrough, with much deeper things than I am going to say here but hopefully you get the point.

Now here is the weird part. I've had very strong (not spiritual) experiences on LSD and Shrooms. I've had ego loss, ego reduction, stuck in infinity, all that kind of stuff. On ETH-LAD, I was way deeper in, but... It was so clear headed. It was so clear headed that I could've gone downstairs, to the door and get a pizza delivery or something. I could've made a cup of tea, I could've gone to the office and done a day's work. But put those headphones back on, lie down, become one with the bed, one with the music, one with everyone and everything and feel that everyone and everything is you. I had not lost my sense of self, actually it was more like gaining a sense of self. I know that to get to those levels on LSD or shrooms takes a whole lot, 400+ug or 5+grams. And at that point you are as debilitated as I was during the come up, if not worse, both mentally and physically out there.

Trying to compare this to AL-LAD and 1P-LSD/LSD.

It shares a lot of things from both at the same time. It is visually intense like AL-LAD, but if you know the differences between AL-LAD and LSD visuals and not just that AL-LAD is "more visual" - then I'd have to say the visuals were LSD visuals at AL-LAD intensity.

In terms of headspace, I didn't feel like it was very introspective in the way that you look inside yourself and find the answers, or the questions. In that sense it was closer to AL-LAD, actually very similar. It wasn't quite as clear headed, because it has the LSD feeling of 100 people being in your head at once. What it shared with LSD, and something I've never felt on 1P or AL-LAD is that deep connectedness with other people, nature, life. It was actually so much deeper than I've ever felt, without trying to be biased by the ++++ stuff which is probably not repeatable.

Music was much better than I've heard on other lysergamides. I usually say music sounds the best on shrooms and I get the most emotion off of it from 2c-e, but this was like the best parts of shrooms + 2c-e for music.

Body load was intense during the first 2 hours, and then there was basically none. There was a body high, and my bed felt like the most comfortable thing that ever existed. It still does the next day :)

Duration was about the same as LSD, it felt like the peak was a bit shorter but maybe I just felt that because of how quickly it came on.

I feel amazing and completely at peace. I'm not really sure what else to add, feel free to ask! I will check back.

So i had the chance to research this at 300ug this past weekend.
I had eaten a full meal 1.5 hrs prior. The paper ‘tasted’ strong, not really like anything but made my face shudder a little, chewed for a while.
Felt first sign at about 15-20 minutes, i would catch myself not doing anything and then had the desire to lay down for a while. At 40 mins I started getting an uneasy stomach and threw up a little, twice, felt better afterwards and things started to take off. Tracers became really obvious, specially when things moved slowly. I felt like I was thinking of nothing, like i had a clear and almost blank head space and actually gave a mild aspect to the experience as a whole. The peak was short, only a couple hours, and i felt like i had to try really hard to do any sort of activity cause i felt lazy. Went swimming and that was great, saw some birds flying in circles around the pool which was really cool, tracer of a single bird would turn to 5 birds when doing a turn, was pretty awesome. body felt great thought the whole time aside from the very beginning. Music sounded great, and i felt like it was in hd, everything was much much crisper.
at about the 5th hour everything died off white suddenly and i was mainly in a really awake state with not any real effects, but there would be waves of effect every 5-10 mins for about 1 minute. fell asleep at about the 10th hour
It was a really nice vibe and made me remember a lot of feelings i hadn’t felt in a long time, pretty nostalgic. I wouldn’t say this was very deep though at 300ug, and the only real visual effects were good tracers and some movement of surfaces. I could make out some cevs if i really really focused or otherwise it was overpowered by just about any other input which i found strange.

if comparing it with the other lysergimides, i would say its closest to Al-lad, but with even less thinking, and also less time in the peak, with less visuals, but longer time being awake from it. I remember I got some nausea from LSZ as well, but the visual were much better with that at a lower dose. 1p-lsd is pretty different I would say, way deeper, more visual, longer peak. But of course, this was just 1 experience with it so far so many things could be discovered in time. Wonder if an empty stomach would change things.

Thanks

At 40 mins I started getting an uneasy stomach and threw up a little, twice, felt better afterwards and things started to take off.

OH I actually forgot something from my 450mcg report.

I threw up 2-3 times during the come up too. I've only ever thrown up before on my first ever trip (truffles). My body really didn't want it in there.

Any one see therapeutic potential with this one? Like alcoholism or drug addiction?

Trip report, kinda.

To preface this, here's my experience with other psychedelics: (alongside the names are my standard doses)

- 25I-NBOMe - 2mg
- 25D-NBOMe - 3mg
- 25E-NBOMe - 500ug
- 4-AcO-DMT - 40mg

My experience with other lysergamides:

- AL-LAD - 300ug
- LSZ - 150ug
- 1P-LSD - 200ug

My experience with ETH-LAD was, in a word, completely negative. I might as well have taken diphenhydramine, since that's what it felt like (I've taken DPH before). I needed to move and walk around and when I did that I lost complete control, to the point of blacking out (for three hours, I don't know where I was except that I ended up there naked). It was unlike any other experience I'd had other than the DPH. I locked myself out of my house, couldn't communicate at all (I couldn't even make the sounds to produce words), and I was not lucid whatsoever. Had I not been found by other people, I don't know what would have happened.

It was unlike the other lysergamides I'd tried. None of them ever produced visuals for me. For example, with AL-LAD at 300ug mixed with LSZ 150ug, I had never experienced visuals. I'd only experienced audio distortions and mentally I was basically "sober" (in that I could completely pass myself off as sober, had no problem making decisions, and my judgement was not impaired in any way). However, at 150ug of ETH-LAD I was blacking in and out and had DPH-esque visuals. The use of benzodiazepines had no impact at all on how badly the trip was going, how badly it made me feel, and the blackouts. Additionally, it took 300mg of Seroquel to eventually kill the trip. (Which, at that point, was only so I could sleep. I was at the tail end of the trip by the time I used it to kill it because I needed to sleep.)

I would like to try it again, maybe, one day but I don't know. It was a terrible drug the first go around.

That sucks to hear Sweetlady nbome. I too, never got many visuals from al-lad, but I hope I fare better than you with eth-lad. I will report back with a tr soon.
i don't want anything to do with dph haha!

Btw, did you try an allergy test dose or any other smallish doses before this 150 mcg trip? Thanks

Last edited:
Quick trip report from my first trial:

Dose: 225ug
Tolerance: 1 month since last trip (AL-LAD)
Stomach: Empty (12 hour fast)
Setting: Outdoors, city waterfront

Timeline:
7:05am (0.0): Dosed 1.5 tabs, chewed and swallowed
7:30am (0.25): First alerts
7:50am (0.45): Full-on come-up, rather sudden
8:50am (1.45): Coming out of the comeup for a short plateau
9:20am (2.15): Second come-up
9:45am (2.40): Sudden drop into a very functional and aware plateau
11:30pm (4.25): Noticeable fade from plateau, still a couple 15min duration waves of trip left
1:00pm (5.55): Pretty baseline
5:00pm (9.55): Still some periodic 5-10 minute waves of trip coming back along with pupil dilation
8:00pm (12.55): Last noted wave + pupil dilation. I expect if I'd dosed later in the day a little before this is when I'd be able to sleep

Miscellaneous Notes:
I found the same thing another reported in that this substance has a distinct two-phase come-up. Some mild wrenching stomach type bodyload during the come-ups which disappeared suddenly once they finished. Managed to eat something in between the two come-up phases which helped a bit (in normal settings, eating is my first go-to for any nauseous feeling, ymmv).

The come-ups on this were particularly intense. For the dosage here it was definitely too much for my setting - During the depths of it if someone had come up to me I would barely be able to interact and would certainly appear obviously in the throws of some drug. At home bundled in blankets it would've been a lot better, though it wasn't bad by any means.

Noticed some horniness during come-up and spent some time thinking about my SO - I get this with AL-LAD and felt similar in that regard. Could be interesting before sex, though I'd probably only dose 75~100ug if that were my intent. Pretty sure I wouldntve been able to function well enough for it at this dose.

Second come-up was a little more intense, though not by a lot. More that it came on very quickly with what felt like only a quick break from the first.

After the come-ups, I very suddenly was dropped into a nice plateau. Fully functional, lucid, and with fine motor control. If you like having that time for productive structured thinking with your enhanced capacity for context and pattern matching capabilities ramped up, this was perfect for it.

Further thoughts:
Interestingly, I got annoyed at music during the first part of the come-up and shut it off. During the plateau I switched some on as well as caught a bit of live music. Music sounded good at this point, but not nearly as good as AL-LAD and I didn't get the normal CEV/synesthesia I do on AL-LAD or 1P-LSD (seeing the sound of different instruments as different shapes, different styles of music as different repeating patterns, etc). This is disappointing to me, but I'm leaving it up to a later experiment to confirm this for certain.

The come-up of this trip was the first time I've ever reached in my pocket to grab hold of my benzos to ask myself whether I should take them. I did this at least twice, answering "No, this is very intense but I have no anxiety so I don't need it"

Given the relatively short duration (6hr) before things really died off, I might tag this as one possible to do at night with benzos/thienos handy to sleep afterward.

To sum up:
This one seems top-heavy - very fast-starting, heavy, and long come-up with a clear but shorter plateau. Long tail before sleep though - On an empty stomach, I put duration at 6hr, but no sleep till the 12hr mark.

Great trip report and welcome to BL emil_sinclair! It's exactly the kind of TR I like to read: organized, to the point, thoughtful.

I think your description of it being "top-heavy" really fits with what I noticed as well. For me also it came on fast and heavy, yet lacking in anxiety. Difference for me though was that music was incredible. I find music enhancement to be a bit fickle with these lysergamides, sometimes it has to be just the right music, and then it's awesome. Actually I ended up playing the same song over and over for about 3 hours, it was so good haha!

I tried one, 150 ug dose of eth-lad, last night... I was going to take 1 1/2 because i thought it mite be like 1p-lsd, as i found it a bit weak at one hit... even two... so i'll save that for a combo with Al-lad (Great mixed together)..

Before i took it i ate a light veggie meal 2 hours before... after i took it i felt the same feeling i usually get from a whopping dose of lsd. That shiver that yawn.. I felt it in 10 min, no shit... so i knew i was in for the ride of my life that i hoped for....it defiantly took me by surprise and quickly...

I'm very impressed and very happy with Eth-Lad... I want more! allot more!... this stuff is the real deal folks....and only for the experienced explorer IMHO...

Eth-lad is, a complete psychedelic trip all packed up in just 1 1/4 inch square tab...no joke! It completely wiped me out, as I found myself questioning my sanity, at moments as i was coming up strong, complete with echos, melting walls, floors warping, colors everywhere, this is everything i was looking for..

Eth-lad reminded me of Orange Sunshine, LSD black in the 1970's, the most... it brought me to my knees as tears of joy flowed.... i was awed.

There was this green window pane from japan, in the 80's that was mind blowing as well as The Black pyramid window pane with the gold strip in the early 90's... something like this shows up in ones life once i a blue moon... all form San Francisco California where i live...

I will buy a lot more of this, i only hope it stores well... this is a keeper...

I do wounder about a psychedelic trip i took a few days back.... i did have a very strong Ayahuasca trip 3 days before, that handed me my ass, i loved what i learned it was awesome.. I don't know if that had anything to do with how eth-lad effected me... but

I feel great, complete and whole after eth-lad... i'm not fried, like LSD does... i sleep very well after taking Xanax at the 10 hr mark.. I'm happy and sure confident and want more....this is a sacrament to respect.. kids

it does lack that extra euphoria that comes with lsd... so next time i will mix this with lsd to see where that goes probably next month or so...

Out of all the psychedelics iv'e tried, that brings me to this state of mind is...
Ayahuasca! 4 plus grams magic mushrooms, Smoked DMT, LSD 250+ug, DOC 4 mg, 1p-lsd & Al-lad (Mixed), 2c-t-7 40 mg, 2c-e 20 mg, 4-ho-mipt 35 mg

Be careful with this, One hit is and can be just enough for a person if your trying it out for the first time... I would not take this in public it would be to confusing to maintain if you had too. Set and setting is a must for this one...
Rainbow love

Last edited:
Great report Toltec!! One of these days I will give you guys a more indeterminate report, but I'm on an iPod and it's a pain to type out long replies. But Toltec nailed it as well as a few others... This stuff is intense... A very strong come up... Then mellows out.. But still very psychedelic!! Tried 1 tab as well as two tabs. I find one tab to be on the money for a great trip. 2 for me was also great, but was more out there. I couldn't see myself venturing passed 350. It really is an incredible substance.

The not fried out for a day after is also a plus. I slept easy after 300 and not feel whacked out the next day. It's not out of the realm of possibility that eth-lad is going to be a superior compound once more reports come in.

Last edited by a moderator: