• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Could Loperamide really have taken my withdrawals away?

johnloperamide

Bluelighter
So I'm trying to quit Poppy Seed Tea after maybe one and a half month of use, I tried tapering twice and failed so going cold turkey... I took my last recreational dose (14oz) like 86 hours ago, Thursday morning, WOW I did not realized it had been that long... Friday morning I took only 4oz to try to taper off but I started at a dose too low so Saturday morning I started experiencing withdrawals so I took my remaining 7oz so I could make it to work but that night I still felt kinda sick, with really bad RLS and woke up feeling like I had a fever with no idea how I'd make it to work so then I took like 36mg of loperamide and well I went to work and felt fine, and it has now been about 14 hours since I took it and I feel almost perfect, I do not even have RLS!!! I had had that shit for like 2 days

So has loperamide really taken everything away or did I just get very weak withdrawals and they just went away... These past 2 weeks that I've tried to taper off and ended up abusing the seeds instead I did take way way less than normal so maybe I did taper off a bit so my withdrawals are weaker... 2 weeks ago when I first tried to stop I went 72 hours clean and after the first 48 I felt like death, absolutely nothing like that now.. opinions??? I plan on taking more loperamide tomorrow if necessary

Loperamide can take withdrawals away, but really it's just delaying them (up to 72+ hours IME) and is just going to make some of the GI aspects much worse.

I don't think it delays them, l think it makes the first few days of withdrawal bearable. Make sure you are aware of the risks associated with loperamide use and only use it for a few days.

Yes, it is an opioid, so it can mediate your physical symptoms. Using loperamide to fully kick a habit is a bad idea though. It raises your tolerance at a rate inversely proportional to how effectively it mitigates your withdrawal. I use loperamide when I'm really desperate and need to work. You are only postponing the inevitable when using this stuff to maintain or reduce. This is just my opinion and experience.

There are a lot of different opinions on whether it delays them or not from what I've been reading.. I woke up and while I don't feel 100%, I feel good, it has now been like 51 hours since my last dose... I took the loperamide so I could go to work, I certainly do not plan on making this an every day thing... Hopefully, I just got lucky and got very weak withdrawals

why am i the only person that gets 0 relief from withdrawals after taking 40mgs of lope? i took 40mgs of the stupid fuck pills and felt absolutely 0 relief. all i felt was sleepy, so it actually made me feel WORSE. fuck loperamide stupid shit pills they do nothing for w/ds. i don't understand why I'm the only one.

I hate to be insensitive here, but is there really THAT bad withdrawal from less than 2 months of poppy seed tea? Comming off months of every day IV heroin binge Bupe doesn't take me out of WS till day 3-4. I wouldn't even bother with Lope. I really am not dick sizing here because I am ashamed and in almost a suicidal depression of how bad I screwed up my life, but is there really WD from poppy seeds? It just blows my mind.

Loperamide is cardio toxic and prolonged usage of it in high doses will guarentee cause you cardiac problems. It's a silent killer. What happens is QTc prolongation, which leads to recurrent ventricular arrhythmias and eventually Torsades de pointes and sudden death from cardiac arrest. As it becomes more widespread on the internet and more people are beginning to use it in mega doses to maintain or dodge withdrawals, more and more cases are starting to pop up where people are having their heart stop and almost dying, needing lengthly hopistal stays because of long term loperamide use. And I imagine VERY FEW people are honest with the doctors about this, so there can be tons of people dropping dead from loperamide related cardiac problems and there is no way for anyone to know that loperamide was the cause because they don't test for loperamide metabolites in a regular toxicology reports.

I've skimmed through many peoples accounts of there long term loperamide use, and I myself was taking 50-100mg for around 4 months, and i eventually began to experience synscope and many other signs related to heart problems. Seriously, it's terrifying. Eventually highdose loperamide WILL lead to cardiac problems, so many users are reporting severe fatigue, exhaustion, feeling faint etc when they are using lope in high doses long term to dodge withdrawals, and they aren't aware that these are classic synscope symptoms related to the cardiac arrythmia's they are experiencing and other cardiac issues. I recall waking up gasping for air feeling my entire body cold as if I had been dead, it's very possibly my heart was stopping in my sleep. I also recall having terrifyingly low heart rates especially when resting when I had been using the high dose loperamide for months, like 45-60 bearts per minute even though my regular heart rate is like 70-80 beats per minute! I now link this to evidence I was experiencing QTc prolongation. This honestly terrifys me! I'm so glad I did research when I began feeling ill on the loperamide and found all the reports of cardiac problems and sudden death linked to loperamide, or I may have been dead right now. I've been off loperamide now for a little over 2 months.

But the thing is, cardiac arrythmia's are a silent killer, one day most people just drop dead without even being aware they were experiencing serious cardiac problems. That is why I highly suggest you do NOT use loperamide, unless it's in low doses for a very brief period of time during the peak of withdrawals. Do not megadose it, seriously, just don't. Don't try to use it to get rid of 100% withdrawal symptoms. Use it as directed on the box for diahrrea and that's it. I hope anyone else reading this using high dose loperamide gets off it asap. Honestly, being on real opiates is 100x safer for you then high dose loperamide. It is a toxic, awful substance to get addicted to and will inevitably lead to your death via QTc prolongation which will cause cardiac arrythmia's and eventually you will just drop.

So yea, this is just a warning to anyone out there thinking of using high dose loperamide, just don't.

https://www.clintox.org/NACCT/2013/NAACT2013_Poster_Sessions_III.pdf

https://madmargaret.wordpress.com/2...learinghouse-password-protected-see-comments/

Last edited:
I hate to be insensitive here, but is there really THAT bad withdrawal from less than 2 months of poppy seed tea? Comming off months of every day IV heroin binge Bupe doesn't take me out of WS till day 3-4. I wouldn't even bother with Lope. I really am not dick sizing here because I am ashamed and in almost a suicidal depression of how bad I screwed up my life, but is there really WD from poppy seeds? It just blows my mind.

Yes! Poppy seed withdrawal is worse then heroin withdrawal imo, because what it lacks in severe intensity, it makes up for in lengths. Poppy seed tea has dozens of opiate alkaloids that your body gets dependent on, and when you go to get off it, your body is withdrawaling from dependence on dozens of opiate alkaloids including morphine, and codeine. It is a real bitch trust me! I've experienced heroin withdrawals as well.

2 months of daily poppy seed is more then enough to cause severe sickness and withdrawals that last several weeks.

Yes! Poppy seed withdrawal is worse then heroin withdrawal imo, because what it lacks in severe intensity, it makes up for in lengths. Poppy seed tea has dozens of opiate alkaloids that your body gets dependent on, and when you go to get off it, your body is withdrawaling from dependence on dozens of opiate alkaloids including morphine, and codeine. It is a real bitch trust me! I've experienced heroin withdrawals as well.

2 months of daily poppy seed is more then enough to cause severe sickness and withdrawals that last several weeks.

WORSE than heroin withdrawal? Sorry, I absolutely refuse to believe that, and I've gone on months long actual poppy pod tea binges back in the late 90's and early 2000's. The withdrawals from poppy pods was there, don't get me wrong, but to say it's WORSE than heroin withdrawal is just nonsense.

WORSE than heroin withdrawal? Sorry, I absolutely refuse to believe that, and I've gone on months long actual poppy pod tea binges back in the late 90's and early 2000's. The withdrawals from poppy pods was there, don't get me wrong, but to say it's WORSE than heroin withdrawal is just nonsense.

Okay, I'd say at least comparible. Heroin withdrawals are super intense and a living hell, but withdrawals that are a notch lower then that and last for weeks or longer is just mental torture. Not being able to sleep, horrible rls, diahrea etc that all drag on forever.

Last edited:
I know that WD for PST are supposed to last a long time and from what I've read that is in cases where people had been taking really fucking high doses, I was taking from 300-400g and it was not really daily, maybe 4-5 times a week... I sort of refuse to believe it will last that long as I only seem to be getting better, and I have also gotten zero of the psychological issues, When I quit hydro last year after almost 2 months of daily use (taking between 30mg-60mg a day) the psychological issues and RLS were the worst... Now I have zero anxiety, and I mean zero, I'm just maybe more bored than usual and that is it.. and I am scared that I might not feel good tomorrow for example but I'm trying to stay positive and I refuse to believe the several weeks thing, that's for people taking kgs of the shit at a time