• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Any way to potentate fioricet?

Edaw'Naflagn

Bluelighter
Hello BL peoples- I have F. Given to me due to culster head aches and really want to make it last longer or make it have stronger effects. I took 1mg of Xanax, 5mg of hydro (once a day for all 3 meds). This combo makes it last longer and is "better" but not what I'm shooting for. Please help; I have a long list of OTC meds and some scripts I may beable to get.

I use Fioricet also. I understand a little about this drug. I notice it works better the longer I take it , because the body gets used to the small amount of caffeine in it. I took 1mg of clonazepam about an hour before I took my nightly dosage. I feel it helped a lot. Another option is to take a med like gabapentin or lyrica with it. I have noticed that this helps quite a bit. This is where my current expertise leaves off. Btw, all dosages mentioned are therapeutic. Hope this helps.

There are a variety of things that you can take to potentiate Fioricet, but the safety of doing that is questionable. Since Fioricet contains butalbital (a fairly strong long-acting barbiturate) you're dramatically increasing your risk of potentially lethal respiratory depression when you mix them with opiates and benzodiazepines. In particular, benzos combine multiplicatively with barbiturates rather than additively, so mixing hydrocodone, butalbital, and alprazolam is a really good way to accidentally kill yourself. So far you seem to be surviving OK; there's no guarantees that you'll be safe if you later increase the doses of any of those three meds. If you're interesting in trying other things, gabapentin is one option (it positively mediates GABA receptors and is definitely less risky than mixing Fioricet with benzos and opiates); that said, the safest things I could think of to help you would be an injectable triptan (to take immediately when symptoms start, along with the Fioricet) and/or verapamil. Talk to your doctor before messing with verapamil; I'm not sure exactly how calcium channel blockers interface with barbiturates and if that turns out to be dangerous you don't want to find out the hard way.

even I suffer because of such headaches!
What should I do?
I mean i am literally tired of asprin and other such things?
I need a strong and solid solution to it?

Of course there's a way to potentiate your little butalbital pills. You can throw another CNS depressant into the mix, say alcohol, opioids, ethanol, other barbiturates/benzodiazepines etc. But, it can't really can't be condoned on here. Mixing depressants is quite dangerous, even with something relatively weak like butalbital. When combining, the sum is greater than the individual constituent parts.

I suppose you could try something along the lines of a sedating antihistamine or some cannabis. Drinking one or two beers might be okay, but I'm not aware of your tolerance or how you might react. The mixture of alcohol and barb even in a relatively small quantity could be enough to take you off the rails. Really try to use your best judgement and make sure this judgement is pondered while not under the influence of barbiturate and alcohol. Literally anything could seem like a great idea in that instance.

Of course there's a way to potentiate your little butalbital pills. You can throw another CNS depressant into the mix, say alcohol, opioids, ethanol, other barbiturates/benzodiazepines etc. But, it can't really can't be condoned on here. Mixing depressants is quite dangerous, even with something relatively weak like butalbital. When combining, the sum is greater than the individual constituent parts.

I suppose you could try something along the lines of a sedating antihistamine or some cannabis. Drinking one or two beers might be okay, but I'm not aware of your tolerance or how you might react. The mixture of alcohol and barb even in a relatively small quantity could be enough to take you off the rails. Really try to use your best judgement and make sure this judgement is pondered while not under the influence of barbiturate and alcohol. Literally anything could seem like a great idea in that instance.
You can't drink alcohol with it because you'll shit blood. It causes your organs to shut down. No not drink with it!

You can't drink alcohol with it because you'll shit blood. It causes your organs to shut down. No not drink with it!
Shouldn't encourage a necro, but. You will not shit blood and your organs will not shut down. However, Acetaminophen and alcohol is extemely hard on your liver. Doing that much can cause permanent liver damage and some rather serious long term effects. ->You do not feel this as it is happening.<-
Problem with a fear post as the above is that a person might try the combo, not shit blood, and not have their organs shut down. Then they would figure the post was a lie and that the combo was safe. This can and does ultimately cause more harm than the harm you are attempting to reduce.