MAPS How Will Legal MDMA Change The Family Structure After Couensling?

N

NewMember2

i dont know where i should put my thread. At the same time, the title is pretty straight-forward. Im looking for experienced x users input on how legal x will change family couensling. Give it only to the parents to speak to the teen?

Depends on the situation and what is trying to be addressed.

I find that listening to somebody who is on MDMA and I am not it often sounds almost forced (even knowing that what they are saying is 'true' to them at the time) when I'm on MDMA and listening to the same person im OMG thats so true <3<3

There is argument that mdma has therapeutic value for those suffering from PTSD. I haven't read enough clinical data to state whether this argument is valid or invalid so, as a random Internet poster, I can't say anything of value regarding the therapeutic value of mdma. However, mdma for counseling purposes? Evidenced based studies show that it is of greater benefit for all participating parties be unimpaired during counseling sessions.

There is argument that mdma has therapeutic value for those suffering from PTSD. I haven't read enough clinical data to state whether this argument is valid or invalid so, as a random Internet poster, I can't say anything of value regarding the therapeutic value of mdma. However, mdma for counseling purposes? Evidenced based studies show that it is of greater benefit for all participating parties be unimpaired during counseling sessions.

As a random internet poster you should know that statements like "evidenced based studies" are really misleading to a lot of people. I'm not even disagreeing with you, I'm just saying watch it around here saying things like that without a source or something of real substance (no pun intended). That being said my intuition leads me to agree with this statement in general however IMHO the world is too diverse for any single statement to ever be able to apply to every single individual situation. Its really hard to answer the question this thread poises directly, but being an irresponsible user in the past gone responsible I can say this;

MDMA has provided some of the most incredibly healing experiences not only to me but to countless friends and people Ive met along my path and Ive seen these all first-hand. The potential is absolutely overwhelming for a wide range of possible scenarios and theres no reason to say family counseling can't be one.

Should a family go take MDMA every time they have a quarrel? Absolutely not. But take this example;

I was watching a report recently of a teenager who essentially setup his family for a home invasion in which they were held at knife point and robbed (not by their own kid). He basically gave 2 kids he met from high-school the run down on his house, its security, etc., allowed the whole thing to happen and ended up getting caught.

Now I can't say anything about the kid, there may be some serious mental health issues going on, who knows but let's assume that for all intents and purposes, he and his family are "normal". An incidence like this certainly may shake the foundation of that family and brings to light some issues that obviously were unaddressed leading up to it. So try placing this family into properly mediated (and I say properly mediated lightly, what that means isn't clear yet.) MDMA therapy and the effect could save the family.

Again this is all theory, but that kind of scenario is probably more common than we might realize knowing teenage behavior and I would absolutely say the potential is there, no question.

^MAPS clinical MDMA studies have shown people with PTSD experience persistent remission of PTSD as determined through CAPS scores when given MDMA assisted psychotherapy. The MDMA psychotherapy groups have shown much greater remission rates than the control groups receiving placebo and psychotherapy. MDMA assisted psychotherapy has also demonstrated greater reduction in PTSD symptoms than SSRIs too.

Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology & Biological Psychiatry said:
2.2. MDMA-assisted therapy for PTSD
The first placebo-controlled Phase 2 pilot study of MDMA-assisted
psychotherapy for the treatment of chronic, treatment resistant PTSD
demonstrated promising results in a sample of 20 subjects (Mithoefer
et al., 2011). Scores on the Clinician-Administered PTSD Scale (CAPS),
an established gold-standard measure of PTSD symptoms, declined to
a statistically and clinically significant degree after undergoing
MDMA-assisted psychotherapy. The group of subjects randomized to
receive MDMA showed a mean CAPS score reduction of 53.7, with a
mean starting score of 79.2, whereas, participants in the placebo arm
who also received psychotherapy had a mean starting score of 79.6
and showed a mean CAPS score reduction of 20.5. As a point of compar-
ison, a reduction of mean CAPS scores of 10.2 in a clinical trial of 187 pa-
tients resulted in FDA-approval of sertraline (Zoloft) for PTSD (Brady
et al., 2000). Improvements in PTSD symptoms observed in the proof
of principle study were maintained an average of 3.8 years later (N =
16) (Mithoefer et al., 2013). Mithoefer et al., (2011) reported that,
“MDMA-assisted psychotherapy with close follow-up monitoring and
support can be used with acceptable and short-lived side effects in a
carefully screened group of subjects with chronic, treatment-resistant
PTSD” (p. 449). A double blind pilot study of MDMA-assisted psycho-
therapy conducted by a Swiss therapist team in an equivalent Swiss
clinical population (N = 12) comparing 125 mg MDMA to 25 mg
MDMA as an active placebo found a clinically but not statistically signif-
icant effect, although trends toward symptomatic improvement were
noted using a German translation of the CAPS (Oehen et al., 2013).
The improvement continued to increase during the twelve-month
follow-up.
Currently, four Phase 2 pilot studies of MDMA-assisted psychother-
apy are underway for treatment of chronic PTSD (NCT01689740,
NCT01793610, NCT01211405, NCT01958593), including one in trauma-
tized war veterans and as well as first responders, such as police officers
and fire fighters. These studies have shown promise for MDMA-assisted
psychotherapy to help people overcome PTSD, an anxiety-related disor-
der, and suggest that this treatment could also be useful in treating so-
cial anxiety in autistic adults.
http://www.maps.org/research-archive/mdma/danforth-et-al-2015-mdma-autism.pdf

TDLR: MDMA psychotherapy is 250% as effective as only psychotherapy. MDMA psychotherapy is 500% as effective as SSRIs. On average the benefits of MDMA assisted psychotherapy last longer than three years.

Last edited:
Life messed up due to mdma

PLEASE NEVER USE ANY FORM OF DRUGS. AND IF YOU THINK ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN TO YOU, I WILL BE FINE OR JUST GONNA DO IT COUPLE TIMES AND THATS IT OR I JUST GONNA TRY IT ONCE. MY SHORT STORY IS FOR YOU!!! (I THOUGHT THE SAME WAY) I hope my short story will help to understand the risks of what your doing or what you want to try. When i was browsing online to be honest mostly I saw benefits of MDMA and other bullshit. I was going to clubs every now and then. One day in my twenties i decided to try half of that pill. I did. I loved the feeling so some weekends I would roll. One day suddenly after coming home from club i felt my heart beating really fast and some strange unusual feeling and discomfort in stomach. I got scared but i decided to go to bed still. In the morning it was gone but every week it would come back. Then more and more often. Finally decided to see a doctor. They said its IBS don't worry. After a while my stomach started to hurt as well. Then my back. Then in mouth inflammations started to develop and constant burning. Now my knees hurt crazy. I am in constant pain and drugs messed up my life. I cannot go to gym like I used to, I cannot concentrate cause when I sit the pain gets really bad. Doctors do not have answer to what's going on with me. Did all test possible 3 times in a row. All of this happening for 5 years already i feel like 90 year old man even though i am only 26. Every day is such a drag and I am in pain all the time. I stopped MDMA 4 years ago I eat only healthy food but with no change. PLEASE learn from my life do not ever use any of that bullshit but if you do ... Know the RISK. That I was thinking the same way as everyone, IT WILL NOT HURT ME, i am doing it rarely and controlled. Bullshit even one pill can mess up your whole life as it did to me. If you have anything to say you can feel free to email me. Good LUCK guys ,hope this gets in your mind!

PLEASE NEVER USE ANY FORM OF DRUGS. AND IF YOU THINK ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN TO YOU, I WILL BE FINE OR JUST GONNA DO IT COUPLE TIMES AND THATS IT OR I JUST GONNA TRY IT ONCE. MY SHORT STORY IS FOR YOU!!! (I THOUGHT THE SAME WAY) I hope my short story will help to understand the risks of what your doing or what you want to try. When i was browsing online to be honest mostly I saw benefits of MDMA and other bullshit. I was going to clubs every now and then. One day in my twenties i decided to try half of that pill. I did. I loved the feeling so some weekends I would roll. One day suddenly after coming home from club i felt my heart beating really fast and some strange unusual feeling and discomfort in stomach. I got scared but i decided to go to bed still. In the morning it was gone but every week it would come back. Then more and more often. Finally decided to see a doctor. They said its IBS don't worry. After a while my stomach started to hurt as well. Then my back. Then in mouth inflammations started to develop and constant burning. Now my knees hurt crazy. I am in constant pain and drugs messed up my life. I cannot go to gym like I used to, I cannot concentrate cause when I sit the pain gets really bad. Doctors do not have answer to what's going on with me. Did all test possible 3 times in a row. All of this happening for 5 years already i feel like 90 year old man even though i am only 26. Every day is such a drag and I am in pain all the time. I stopped MDMA 4 years ago I eat only healthy food but with no change. PLEASE learn from my life do not ever use any of that bullshit but if you do ... Know the RISK. That I was thinking the same way as everyone, IT WILL NOT HURT ME, i am doing it rarely and controlled. Bullshit even one pill can mess up your whole life as it did to me. If you have anything to say you can feel free to email me. Good LUCK guys ,hope this gets in your mind!

woah woah woah, are you a doctor? Because if not then how can you say that MDMA is what did this?

edit* Actually not even a doctor could say that with certainty

First off,great thread. Guy, you get drugs every day in the garbage food you eat and the water you drink. The real drugs are the good drugs. Its always set and setting. Btw, scare tactics eventually fail and make the person or entity look foolish and untrustworthy. You had a bad experience. I'm sorry that you had a bad time/experience and consequences. This is not for everybody, but if the correct steps are followed( that's all I'm saying about that ), then a enlightening experience is had by all. Thanks. Speed King