View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Hppd + lsd?

kallistoan

Greenlighter
I've had HPPD for six months now and it doesn't worry me too much anymore, I rarely smoke weed now because of it and when I do it's small amounts in a comfortable setting. I've done MDMA and it hasn't made the HPPD worse. I want to trip again but would the acid make it worse after or would my HPPD be the same? I guess everyone is different but thought I'd ask

I've had HPPD for six months now and it doesn't worry me too much anymore, I rarely smoke weed now because of it and when I do it's small amounts in a comfortable setting. I've done MDMA and it hasn't made the HPPD worse. I want to trip again but would the acid make it worse after or would my HPPD be the same? I guess everyone is different but thought I'd ask

I had HPPD. It lasted for five years, but now it is a distant memory. I still am different than other people, but it is more like a superpower now. It no longer bothers me when I'm going about my day, but if I turn out the light and focus I will see incredible images. I wouldn't worry about the HPPD too much. It is all in your head and it is not a debilitating condition. That said, I think that LSD is more likely to cause HPPD than any other drug. Stick with the natural psychedellics and you should be fine. In my experience Ayahuasca quickly reverses the condition, but every hit of LSD will take you further down that road (though it does fade after a period of sobriety).

If the HPPD bothers you then I would suggest never taking LSD again. It will only intensify the effect. I am pretty sure true HPPD is a condition where lasting residual effects from hallucinogens debilitate you to the point where you cannot function in society normally.

What you are experiencing are probably just lasting visual disturbances, a lighter form of HPPD I suppose. I have also had this for going on ten years now, but has never deterred me from never tripping again. Sometimes long breaks are necessary. I quite enjoy the lasting effects strong psychedelics like LSD can cause, but have had difficult times as well from it. It's all about your perspective. Stay within your comfort zone. We all have limits, and some doors are better kept closed.

Having the ability to see all things from all perspectives. Acid opened my eyes to a lot of truths that I am still to this day trying to fully understand. Once you go there, into the void or whatever you want to call it, it is hard to come back without feeling as though you know more then other people that have never had a psychedelic experience.

I became a lot more open minded, and accepting of all different kinds of people. More laid back and introspective. It also shows you yourself in a more complete way. Strips down the walls we build to protect ourselves from feelings that may make some very uncomfortable. This is where the learning comes into play. You can come out for better or worse after a trip, but all depends on your interpretation and the way you see things.

I have had mild hppd from lsd use for a few weeks, and i kind of enjoy it, but am also worried that it will get worse with every hit i take and eventually I won't want to take it anymore because it would make me a less functional person.

That's what I'm worried about. It's been over a year now since I've gotten hppd and it seems about the same, still fairly mild. I haven't done any psychedelics since but lately I've been considering tripping on pure LSD (the hppd was after a bad trip on research chems, 25i I believe) for my spring break. The constant visual effects or disturbance that I have are tolerable I just don't feel like making them worse. However, I love opening my mind and gaining the experience LSD gives me.