• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

best way to dose/redose adderall to avoid peak drop off

spacetrippin

Bluelighter
Im currently prescribed 20mg adderall
im wonder how others dose and redose too promote a steady all day action with out the up and down depression effects
it seams ir only lasts 2 hours then terrible drop off from the peak effects, this needs too be fixed asap
any wise inputs greatly appreciated

Also forgot to state I have no tolorance
my thoughts on this mybe take 20mg in morning then 10mg every 2 hours

The best way is to remove "redose" from your regimen.

Since that's not going to happen... I feel this is a subject best left to individual discovery. Trial an error will help you discover "you" the best, imo... and help you learn your limits. Just don't be dumb about it =P

I will say that 10mg every 2 hours is rather strange, though, because of the way peak blood plasma levels tend to hit around 3 hours after dosing. Most people that I know prefer to take a larger dose and wait longer to redose rather than take multiple small doses.

I'd also suggest you give yourself a few days before making any decisions about your regimen. Adderall tends to fluctuate in effectiveness, due to individual body types, moods, and particularly your diet. Certain foods or medications can affect the way the drug is absorbed. To only have felt the addy for 2 hours suggest that either your dose isn't strong eough for you, or your body did inot process it well... and as a new user, 20 mg should be more than enough to "feel" for quite awhile.

Yess I know it lasts about 6-8 hours, but im talkin about trying to avoid the peak crash, seams like ir peaks strong for 2 hours after dose then quickly drops off, left feeling pretty bent out of shape

Mybe next time ill go for a lower starting dose, and go from there, because the only thing I can go by is "what goes up must come down"
Relly seams like I took too big of a dose and crashed from the peak, almost like an mdma peak crash