• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos heart skipping beats after bad whiskey/valium mix

ron34

Greenlighter
so, i did something stupid,

last saturday i was having a fucking bad day, so i started drinking whishey, half a bottle at night.
I felt better, but not to good so i took some pretty high dosage valium, it knocked me out going to sleep
1 hour later i woke up, gasping for breath and couldn't sense a heart beat and panicked.

i went outside and smoked some weed and got better, but ever since saterday i still have moments of gasping for breath,
and feeling that my heart is skipping a beat, is this normal?

thnks,

Anxiety man. Rebound anxiety and now your over thinking it and tripping yourself out. That's why I've come to hate benzos and alcohol they both have shitty rebound anxiety periods that get longer and longer the more frequent you use them.

In the future, don't combine them, benzos and alcohol have lead to many deaths because of respiratory depression, which is what it sounds like you were close too as you awoke gasping for air. Lucky you awoke man, don't do it again or atleast use far less of each. Like 10mg of Valium and a few drinks at most.

Thanks for your response man, means a lot
I also felt like if i was dying, very scary shit,
could i have damaged my heart? or should i see a doc about it?

Thanks for your response man, means a lot
I also felt like if i was dying, very scary shit,
could i have damaged my heart? or should i see a doc about it?
Sounds like pbuilder nailed it. What youre likely experiencing is anxiety and it can really mess you up. My experiences with alcohol hangovers commonly includes severe cardiac phobias.... causing irregular heartbeat from panic and breathing funny... also stressing myself out jacking up blood pressure and causing chest pains from tightening muscles.

Odds are, that combination didnt screw up your heart. Of course nobody can say for sure on here... and if itll help your anxiety, get looked at by a doctor. An EKG isnt too expensive and is quick... an echo will cost more and take near anhour, but its painless and whats more important than your health?

Have you learned breathing exercises to deal with the panic / odd feeling in your chest? Look it up... if deep, slow breathing resolves your anxiety then that's what it was, if not I'd see a physician.

Go see a physician anyway, he /she should be able to reassure you and can teach you slow breathing in five minutes. It really works, b/c your body can't do two things at once - heightened senses and controlled, slow breathing don't occur together for more than a minute unless there's a different, underlying problem or you just can't breath slow and easy...

Thanks again, nice to have a place to talk about this shit, without people starting to judge

I'll give my body some time to calm down, i think it's all in my head, i'm constantly checking my heart with apps and shit
If next week i'm still facing problems i'll go check a doc is that a good idea?
i fucking hate doctors

You need an ekg... An echocardiogram is an ultrasound of your heart and costs more and takes longer... Minutes opposed to an hour or so... The thing is EKGs aren't very accurate. In all reality you're probably fine and it's just anxiety but if these two tests Wil make you feel better then pony up

Anxiety man. Rebound anxiety and now your over thinking it and tripping yourself out. That's why I've come to hate benzos and alcohol they both have shitty rebound anxiety periods that get longer and longer the more frequent you use them.
Word!

It is always a sound idea to seek medical attention if you are at all worried about your heart. In the hands of a skilled technician, they can have you hooked up and be reading your ECG in about 10 minutes. It's a trivial amount of time to take to ensure the proper function of your heart.

Now, for my opinion on the subject: I feel and know that anxiety can be interpreted by different people in a variety of different ways, but a common one is through palpitations. After, a pretty major methylphenidate binge a few years ago, I really thought that I must've done some damage to my cardiovascular system, but after a few days, both the feeling and the anxiety subsided and I returned to "normal".