• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Going to work during opiate withdrawal

johnloperamide

Bluelighter
So I took PST for 3 weeks or maybe more and I was going to use my last 5lbs for tapering off and well that did not work too well and just used them as normal.. I had tuesday and wednesday off and was going to use them for detoxing but I finished my seeds one day too early and got caught feeling like shit today, Monday... I tried to go to work and after 20 min I just had to go home, I was sweating like a freak, my legs were killing me and could not stay still and just felt too much like crap to be on my feet 8 hours... Does anyone go to work during withdrawals??

I remember last year I went through hydro withdrawal 1000 times worse than this and never missed a day, I wonder if I had a bunch of days off in a row or something, I cannot imagine having been all day at work feeling like today or worse, it would have been torture to be on my feet feeling likes this 8 hours... It sucks cause today I used up all my points so if I'm ever late or call in or miss a second of work I get fired.. I'm really glad I left cause even though I still feel quite bad it is sooo much more manageable being on my bed

I hate myself cause during a week moment yesterday I ordered more and I get them tomorrow so once again I'm telling myself I'll use them for tapering off

Headshop tier Kratom is what I do if I have nothing and need to tend to important things.

I was so addicted and the withdrawals from PST are so protracted that switing to bupe was my only way out.

I could work in the first 24 hours of withdrawal and just be a miserable son of a bitch..But once you move past that mark, thered be no way...I also work in a high volume, high end kitchen, there is no room to fuck up. In fact, the nature of my job was part of what fueled the addiction..I had to get high to work well, and if I didnt work well, then I'd lose my promotion or get fired..

That being said, three weeks is nothing..You can kick, just ask for three days off..Go to work on your first day of withdrawal..Then use your three off days to kick..I tried this early into my addiction and did not have the willpower to not use.. So, if you find yourself still strung out in a year, go get you some bupe. Life will be way better than hiding a PST addiction.

I find going to work better than sitting g there dwelling on symptoms and thoughts, unless ur puking and shitting uncontrollably I say go to work and grind thru it

I was so addicted and the withdrawals from PST are so protracted that switing to bupe was my only way out.

I could work in the first 24 hours of withdrawal and just be a miserable son of a bitch..But once you move past that mark, thered be no way...I also work in a high volume, high end kitchen, there is no room to fuck up. In fact, the nature of my job was part of what fueled the addiction..I had to get high to work well, and if I didnt work well, then I'd lose my promotion or get fired..

That being said, three weeks is nothing..You can kick, just ask for three days off..Go to work on your first day of withdrawal..Then use your three off days to kick..I tried this early into my addiction and did not have the willpower to not use.. So, if you find yourself still strung out in a year, go get you some bupe. Life will be way better than hiding a PST addiction.

I have to request my days off 3 weeks in advance and I don't want 3 more weeks of this... I actually took some old seeds I had, a very small dose, some seeds that had made me vomit and made my eyelids swell up, guess I was kind of desperate... But I feel pretty normal again, just hope I don't get an adverse reaction again... I am going to try and taper with these 5lbs I'm getting tomorrow..

Yesterday when I was starting to feel weak from the withdrawals I got hit with some news of this girl I'm crazy for moving to another city and it just wrecked me, I had a pretty intense panic attack and today that + the withdrawals was too much, I know I get way more sensitive and get very anxious on withdrawals so I could barely keep myself from crying so I could not stay at work for 8 hours

OP, sorry to hear about your situation. Personally, I'd second the kratom suggestion, it had me functional and productive at work, plus if you maintain on that for a couple weeks you'll have a far less protracted withdrawal than the pst. Good luck.

Good luck with that I had to call in 4 days in a row to detox one time it was so bad. Id have some Ice if you can handle only doing a lil and xanax and suboxone so you feel good as you can while your detoxing while working or else plan to do smaller doses and quit on your days off so you can lay down all day

Do a search on BL for loperamide. It is amazing in my opinion. One the veeeery worst of days some phenibut is great (used sparingly). Unlike benzos, for me, it gives me energy on mild doses. You got this!

^^
Loperamide and a small benzo stash has been a life-saver for me a few times, though a lot of the time I just had to keep it together and learn to cope.
Being dopesick as Hell and having to spend 8 hours in a lab that reeks of Clostridium sp. (literally smells like fermenting shit) is an experience I don't ever wanna repeat. 8(

OP; take a real hard look at this situation - you're risking your job after a 3 week stint on PST, that should be a pretty big red flag. I was a PT user for years, mainly because of the fact that the WD comes on very slowly, it's brutal when in full swing (Day 5/6 was the worst for me physically), but the first ~24 hours is almost entirely symptom free.

I recommend avoiding lope. Have you looked into suboxone. I'm sure you can find a doctor to help. If you shoot for that you can use PTS however you want until you get into a sub program.... That's if you're functional on PST.

You can also try making a 50-60 lb alcohol extract or something to get something that you can more easily measure and taper. You need to do this with a big batch so your goop is even in alkaloids where each cup of tea can be a different dose even with the same amount of seeds used. Just crush all the seeds, grind them in a coffee filter /mortar & pastel, soak in 91%-99% isopropyl alcohol (91% may be a better choice as the 9%water will pull the opiates much better), pour through a t-shirt, pour again through a coffee filter, let evaporate, collect, and voila you'll have a large collection of a pretty balanced extract that you can measure and capsulate. Each dose should be the same ratio of opiates and potency. Again it would be much easier to manage the dose and slowly lower it when your dosing material is stable.

I don't really think less than a month of PST is a situation where Suboxone Maintenance is appropriate.

i went to work sick a couple weeks ago, moving heavy shit around in 90 fahrenheit heat. was able to sneak out and puke a couple times. but ya it's not easy/fun. took some days off to detox, my job is VERY flexible, just had to suck up loss of income.

It's tough I've done it before and I've left half way thru my shift too. If you can make it thru work cold turkey God bless you you are an animal haha

I don't really think less than a month of PST is a situation where Suboxone Maintenance is appropriate.

I agree but maybe for a short taper? But then there is the whole "switch precipitated WD problem" and such...
Switching to Kratom would be a good option too. At least for the first days when the PST-withdrawl is crawling up, it could be avoided but then you have to kick the Kratom which would be easier though.

Thanks so much for all the responses... I have no one I can talk about this to.. last year when I went through withdrawal with hydro I did tell 2 people but I promised I'd never be like this again and don't want to let them know.. Well I sort of told a friend of mine but didn't give specifics.. Anyway thank you

I posed this just now http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...wals-to-the-beginning?p=13073443#post13073443

Going to work during withdrawal of any kind is a true test of your manhood and mental fortitude. The urge to walk out and never look back can be pretty strong... and you've gotta deal with that shit for 8 hours or more. In the process, you find out how truly interminable 8 hours can truly be.

If you live in the USA, loperamide (Immodium) is always an option. You can just cut by the drug store on your way to work and pick up a box. The dose will vary based upon your tolerance of course, but it can take away 90% of your withdrawal symptoms if dosed correctly. Keep in mind that you don't want to take too much and to only use it in a pinch, as it has the nasty ability to raise your tolerance.

I can say with conviction, that loperamide is a great crutch to lean on when nothing else is available. It has gotten me through many an otherwise hellish day in my cube when I would be waking up with constant vomiting, diarrhea and akathisia, take my loperamide and in the very least feel okay by the time I got to the office; able to work, but still feeling that lingering sickness.

Help with opiates

I loves opiates along with every other narcotic under the sun. He uses until there is no money left, nothing left to sell, then has to still function to pay the bills and get by. They are very strong willed and have quit cigarettes, coke, meth, smoking weed, everything cold turkey at some point in his 20 years of using. However, that being said he is getting older, and seems to be getting tired/ losing the will to fight. He wants to get sober but can't go through a program with no insurance. He has a great paying job and works 6-7 days a week which makes it hard to stop without help. Advice on what to do would be appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also agreeing on Loperamide as a last ditch option, but one that is readily available. Don't take more than you need, and don't make a habit of doing it, because yes, it seems to raise your tolerance.

The reason it’s harder now, is because after every withdrawal you lose a piece of your will to endure and deal with it. After a few times of going through the process you start losing the will to want to deal with it and find it pointless.
Add in kindling effect and hardwiring of your brain tricking you to get well and you have a hard time kicking :/

I can honestly say that I have went to work about a dozen times in my life while I was withdrawing, usually from heroin. It fucking sucks. I don't care what anyone tells you, it's horrible. I remember days when I would have to wake up at 430am because my shift started at 6am and I would literally consider putting a gun in my mouth. And then you have to take a shower, which feels good while you're in there, but as soon as you exit and the cold air hits your wet body, it feels like you're in shock. Then you show up to work, if you even make it there, and everyone who's used to the chipper and happy person are now bewildered at the way you look. Big black pupils, yawning uncontrollably, freezing feeling, intensely irritable, and aching to the bone. Some days I would have coworkers ask me what's wrong and I would usually just say that I have the flu or I'm just in a shitty mood. The only thing that kept me going was the thought of my paycheck day getting closer and closer. To be completely honest, I've lost countless jobs just because of not being able to work during withdrawal.