• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dreading withdraw

Usa51

Bluelighter
Been on a nice tear lately. I know opiate withdraw is in order but dreading it. I get so close to going to bed then when I'll wake for work I'll be full blown withdraw.

I get so much anxiety and I go cop more. It sucks because I'm close and I chicken out. Any tips? I have some subs and some Xanax to help with short taper. Going to give my girl my cards n money. Just dreading it. Anyone else like this?

I have adderal too to take when I start sub taper. Should I wait til in stablized then take it? Used to do it with glass as the engery pick me up. But glass does take toll on body after 3-4 days straight. Hate feeling too. I prefer adderal over glass feeling but hate "speed" feeling regardless.

Opiates are my bread and butter but my tolerance is jumping and in spending too much money. No desire to go to dark side "h" so I figured I'd write a post. Say hi to everyone and any tips would be the Bomb.

Maybe next time I'm close. Take a piece of Xanax for anxiety and it will help me sleep? I wish I could find access to gapertine(spelling?) and clondine and whatever else I read people use. I don't have a doctor I go to regularly.

How long have you been on a tear this time? What amounts/drugs? Does your girl know? Any way you can take a few days off of work?

You have a job and a girl and money right now. Remember that.

You also have xanax and some subs, which will help a HELL of a lot with a quick taper. You are talking about gabapentin and clonidine. Gaba has neer helped me out, never had access to the latter, tho I know PM docs here usually give that out if you fuck up and get kicked out. Itll help somewhat but the xanax and subs will help the most.

Id avoid the stims altogether, they are just going to exacerbate the shitty feeling (or put it off). I know plenty of people who do adderall on w/d from opiates, dont know any that have been successful with it.

Most of w/d is mental, after the acute phase. Find something to do with your time. For me, quitting opiates was like pulling the plug on a loved one, knowing that shit cant go on any longer, and that it has to come to and end. That fucked with me mentally until I realised it isnt a person, and that I was plugging myself back into reality instead. Shitty place sometimes, that's for sure, but better than what I was doing.

If the mindfuck aspect is too great, just tell yourself you're taking a break, not quitting, that way you dont have to say goodbye forever to opiates.

Sub taper for me, days: 3mg, 2mg, 1mg, .5mg, .5mg, .25mg (x4) - getting 9 days out of a single 8mg strip or pill is possible.

Did I mention find something to do with your time? You will need that. Especially when you are alone. peace, gl

Thanks for advice ...I wish I could find where to get gaba to give it a shot. Sub taper is similar to mine. I'll stay away from adderal like you say. Gonna give it my best shot in a day or two. I got this. I know I can do it

Thanks for advice ...I wish I could find where to get gaba to give it a shot. Sub taper is similar to mine. I'll stay away from adderal like you say. Gonna give it my best shot in a day or two. I got this. I know I can do it

You can order gabapentin online I believe, just do a google search. What was your daily opiate dosage and for how long?

I would not use amphetamines in any stage of opioid withdrawal. It's a lot like ethanol in that you get a little bit of relief mentally and physically for a short while and then your body bitch slaps you once the effects wear off.

There are many ways to get off of opioids man. Benzodiazepines are obviously great, I feel cannabis can be good for curbing emesis and stimulating appetite, high-dose loperamide is useful, but in truth, you are going to have to endure pain if you want to be clean. It will be unpleasant. There will be stress, anxiety, suicidal thoughts etc. It's gonna take you to the 7th ring of hell and back. All you can do is try to make it a little bit easier by using other substances. Detoxification clinics are great also. Go for 5 days, get some chlordiazepoxide (Librium), clonidine, ondansetron (Zofran) and possibly some more esoteric treatment options like gabapentin, lyrica, baclofen etc. It all depends on how good you are at making doctors. I'd avoid extended-stay rehabilitation as I have a deep personal belief that they are essentially rackets. They make half-promises that they simply cannot fulfill. Think "Passages Malibu".

I'll lighten the mood of this post a little in saying that there is a high probability of getting laid in detox ;). I have on two separate occasions and I'm certainly no Sean Connery.

Roxies and some days I take 2-3 some days up to 10-15. Depends always different and I went cold turkey in jan then jumped back on so pretty much since then

Just ordered some kratom anyone ever used ? Maybe that n sub to get me over 5 day hump ?

How long have you been on this current run? For me, the worry and expecting it to be horrible makes it a lot worse than it really is. I know it's easier said than done to say "don't stress about it". The dread makes it worse for me and psychosomatic effect of it really makes me feel worse than i really am. The advice to stay away from anything speedy is a must for me. Are you planning on tapering off the oxy before using the subs? If i do a quick taper down to 30mgs of oxy or so, using a lot of loperamide and using 1-1.5 grams of phenibut on day 2 and 3 makes it so a good deal less painful. Good enough to live life, go to work, etc. You can do it bro.

I'll lighten the mood of this post a little in saying that there is a high probability of getting laid in detox ;). I have on two separate occasions and I'm certainly no Sean Connery.

Truth!:) The libido comes back something crazy. Although, it's not worth getting kicked outta detox/rehab for some tail.

Does the Passages Malibu adverts anger other people as it does me? Cure addiction. Ha.

Last edited:
Well I'll put this out.... Gaba works wonders, but for sensitive me I just can't interact through conversation with people... I just get dumbed down in the worst way. Being depressed, anxiety proned, and just generally unstable in the way of morbid thinking and somewhat bs, but real suicide attempts that I tried even though I knew deep down I wouldn't be able to...

Anyways to make the long story short a shitty pm doc scripted me gaba treating me like an opiate addict that I only ended up taking desperate in the throws of withdrawals as there was that cognitive functioning issue. After the first or second time I ended up trying to kill myself as taking gaba made me feel just dead yet being sensitive to rebound even with one or two doses of medication it just screwed me up easy. I can't even take ativan without heart pain the next few days during times of stress. That being said I also have a shitty living situation and life situation in general esp. when taking those medications. Since your life situation seems much better I think the side effects I notice won't be a huge issue for you just know it's dehibilitating and honestly just another drug with its own issues.

Opiate withdrawals are a bitch, but I've gone through them a lot and aren't too bad when one is eating right, cleaning oneself, getting some time in the sun, and smoking tons of buds and quality edibles it's honestly not bad if one weens the dose down. For edible recommendation try making sloppy joes with keif, hash, or even just ground bud/trim/vaporizer leftovers thrown in mixed in with this recipes sauce and stuff when it's left to simmer for 30 min. Knocks me out and I make every time I screw up my script that's always short although hopefully not this week. Getting off track though.

http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/24264/sloppy-joes-ii/

Also clonodine imo just isn't useful. I couldn't take 50 mcg (1/2 dose) without my blood pressure getting so low I couldn't go up the stairs without nearly fainting. It didn't help much just maybe allowed me to uncomfortably sleep or more like induce a bs coma.

Edit :just noticed your habit. Hopefully you have been taking lower more realistic doses. Remember oxy has 2-3 hour half life so dosing should be minimal amount constantly reducing every 4-6 hours should help you ween with oxy if you find that easier. Subs I can't recommend help on as I've never used them

Last edited:
I've never dreaded a kick with subs in my hand...

I am not scared to quit cold turkey a 540mg aday Oxycodone - 16mg hydromorphones habit as long as I have benzos and gabapentin . Xanax and gabapentin stop the most annoying side effects for me in there tracks RLS , Anixety , No sleep all fixed with xanax and gabapentin . Ill take them a few days to get over most the opiate withdrawals and then quit them . Thats a rapid Detox there all helped by benzos and gabapentin . :)

I guess everybody really is different. Even subs aren't the magic cure. Me, I ALWAYS have to pay the piper in the end. I could have boxes of subs, but I'll still feel like shit for at least 3-4 days after starting susbs before I start to stabilize and start to feel SOMEWHAT normal again. You have to pay to play.

Man I agree with you I have been trying to WD for weeks now, but I get to hour 14 and tuck my tail and run when it gets bad. I also have subs but after a few runs with PW I am afraid of taking those too early as well, the whole idea of detoxing for 24 hours scares the shit out of me. But this is the last week I can run, it is happening. I am going to attempt some high doses of loperamide and pray I can at least get up and move. Best of luck!

Roxies and some days I take 2-3 some days up to 10-15. Depends always different and I went cold turkey in jan then jumped back on so pretty much since then

Just ordered some kratom anyone ever used ? Maybe that n sub to get me over 5 day hump ?

Xanax, subs, and kratom!??! You're good, bro. If it's gonna be your first time I understand your anxiety because it isn't fun but what you have will be a tremendous help.

Does anyone know if suboxone will prevent kratom from working?

Not sure there is a best way to use kratom for WDs but what I did recently was buy two ounces. One with a strong sedating effect for the night time and one That's more stimulating for the morning. Probably should have done two and two but that got me through the worst of it and then a little more.

*Don't forget to look into If suboxone will fuck off your kratom. *

Edit: God damnit. didn't see until after I posted this is an old thread. I hate typing that much on mobile.