• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin I tried heroin for the first time today, and I have some questions?

crashingmeby

Greenlighter
Hey there, so I'm a 20 something nobody from a simple town in a simple place in rural England. I live a simple life, and I'll be going to university in september.

Since the day the word drugs appeared in my repetoire heroin caught my eye. They all did I guess, but heroin had something to it...

Anyway, after 8 or 9 years of humming and harring I finally bought some. Kind of on a whim, kinda cos I was in a bad mood. Mostly to kill a burning desire. I used an online vendor, and ordered 0.1g of 'high quality' #3 heroin powder. It arrived as a browny colour, exactly as one would expect. I'd had a few diazepams earlier in the day but I reckoned they wouldn't really hinder my experience.

So I took out my .1 grams and looked at it, crushed it a little, and proceed to set it up to smoke as described by various online articles, using little bits at a time (perhaps 1/5th of the total amount each time). I did this once, and kinda felt a buzz, but lost a fair bit of the smoke, so tried again. This time was more successful and there was far less loss. I left it for a little while (maybe 10-15 minutes) and I still didn't feel all that high. Within half an hour of the first smoking it, I'd smoked all of it. Now It's approx 30 minutes after that again. I feel comfortable definitely, and a bit soft and nice, but I don't feel ANY of the feelings I was hoping. Idk exactly what I was hoping, I suppose this but just 10x stronger, so that every fiber of my being is engulfed by a golden warmth of plant love.

Instead I just feel mellow, kinda like if I took a few benzos and a couple of codeine.

Firstly: is that right? or is it bunk? Obv it works a bit but not like, as much as I'd like.

I kinda wish I had more, but I could take it or leave it. I want your advice in regards to how often you think I can/could get away with taking it? Twice a year (My birthday and NYE) I take the finest cocaine I can get my hands on. Can I use heroin like this safely? Everything I read seems to make it sound like I start off taking it once then three months later I'm a total junky regardless of my own choice. Why can't I just take it rarely? I rarely even take drugs.

I read the should I try heroin mega-thread (shame I didn't do that earlier, else I probably wouldn't have tried it). But surely there must be loads of people who dance with the devil but come out clean the other side..?

Any thoughts? As I say, I'd like to take it once every very blue moon, more than that I think is unnecessary for me. You may have 'heard this all before', but my cravings for cocaine are like nothing else, and I get on fine with those.. so?

thanks for the help guys! You're all legends!

I feel comfortable definitely, and a bit soft and nice, but I don't feel ANY of the feelings I was hoping. Idk exactly what I was hoping, I suppose this but just 10x stronger, so that every fiber of my being is engulfed by a golden warmth of plant love.

And now you know that it's pretty much exclusively hype. Unless you're in hardcore dope withdrawal, a moderate dose of heroin will make you feel "pretty good" and thats about it, most people aren't going to be enveloped in pleasure a la MDMA.

I want your advice in regards to how often you think I can/could get away with taking it? Twice a year (My birthday and NYE) I take the finest cocaine I can get my hands on. Can I use heroin like this safely? Everything I read seems to make it sound like I start off taking it once then three months later I'm a total junky regardless of my own choice. Why can't I just take it rarely? I rarely even take drugs.

This is covered in the "should I do heroin" mega thread. The thing is, most people who do heroin make excuses to do it more and more frequently. Because they find they can function just as well if not better than sober while on opioids, and because the negative effects of withdrawal & dependence usually take a while to appear, "twice a year" turns to "twice a year, and one more because tomorrow's Saturday", which turns to "twice a month", which pretty soon is "twice a day, when I have it", people start spending proportionally more and more of their time and money seeking it, etc. Eventually you wake up one morning and you're stiff and sore and grouchy and your brain puts 2 and 2 together and you realize you're in opioid withdrawal.

As long as you have the capability to get more opioids, it will be an option in the back of your mind. This story is such an old and tired one because it happens to pretty much every career opioid user ever. Greater than 99.9%.

And this is all for a high that you admit is rather underwhelming, yet you want more and are planning to do it in future? Does this not seem a little strange to you? You've done heroin, cross that one off the bucket list, move on with your life.

But surely there must be loads of people who dance with the devil but come out clean the other side..?

There's not. Opioid dependency isn't anything like stimulant abuse, the average crack head can put the pipe down and 2-3 weeks later he's fine, but a serious heroin habit causes nagging problems for many people for several months if not years.

Last edited:
Smoking heroin has pretty poor bioavailability and #3 heroin is usually relatively poor quality, even the "high quality stuff". And with smoking you waste a ton if you miss the smoke or burn it a bit. Try#4 and snort it.

The true end all feeling from heroin is injecting it once you have a tolerance and can safely choose a dose that will give you a rush but not so much that you OD. The IV heroin rush from a good shot is exactly what you have in your mind as the heroin high. It's literally is say 10x more addictive to IV then snort though and you can't ever go back from iving once you start so I highly recommend against it. Also, get away from heroin while you can, it cannot be used recreationally trust me and no one walks away unscathed after it hooks you and almost no one tries it and doesn't get hooked. You are not gonna be that 1% that doesn't get hooked, trust me. No one plans to end up hooked but yet it happens to virtually everyone that dabbles with opiates for a bit.

Last edited:
I don't post much on here but I never tried heroin and never will. I do have my struggles with 30s time to time but I wish I never started. And I hope you never try heroin again.

Be smart and be safe. Best of luck.

If you want to experience more intense, chilled out effects on smaller doses, trying mixing that heroin or whatever opioid with weed. It will, more or less, give you rush similar to what you want without the fear of IV use. The synergestic effects feel subjectively like that to me, anyway.

Feeling that good, though, it's something dangerous. I've used opiates three times ever and the feeling has stuck with me, the little Renton in my head telling me to find a hit.

I'd accept the msg coming from fate or whatever which has bee kind to you by allowing a mediocre encounter with strong opiates.

Thers no point in testing the waters and Thers nothing we can do to stop you but a good place to start is examining the hole thAt needs to be filled

Smoking heroin is very difficult for new users because you can lose so much smoke so easily, there's a very specific and difficult technique that if you don't get right then you just waste it. Im thankful we get very pure #4 H here which is snortable or you could plug it.

I think you wasted a lot of smoke & that's why you only felt it mildly, but the effects your describing sound right, just weaker than it probably should be. Because if it was any good you should have gotten 2 good highs out of that 100mg with no tolerance, and youd be nodding or at the least noticeably fucked up.
If you do it again I suggest mixing with a few drops of white vinegar so it dissolves in some water(#3 is the base form of heroin and wont dissolve in water without some kind of acid & vinegar or ascorbic acid is the best option, here is Australia the #4 dissolves readily in water and that's why its also snortable), draw 1/3 to 1/2 of the deal into a syringe without the needle, lube your butt & the syringe and use it as a suppository(or shelving/plugging as most drug users call it) it might sound messed up but its the best way to use drugs next to IV, most drugs kick in within 5-10 minutes and kick in strong and also lasts quite awhile and is much less dangerous than injecting. Its is by far the best way next to injecting it which I would never recommend to anyone, anyone who suggests you or anyone take up injecting is a person you should stay away from and completely ignore. I injected H the first time I ever tried it and haven't tried it any other way, but I wish I had have tried smoking, snorting or plugging it before I got myself a stupid tolerance.

Last thing, don't under estimate the power of benzo's(& alcohol) when you plan to use opiates that day. As a new user I wouldn't be taking any benzos or opiates in the same day. Its very possible to OD even though you don't feel the valium anymore.

Last edited:
I'd accept the msg coming from fate or whatever which has bee kind to you by allowing a mediocre encounter with strong opiates.

Thers no point in testing the waters and Thers nothing we can do to stop you but a good place to start is examining the hole thAt needs to be filled

^^^
This.

Stay safe.

I've heard from people who are addicted to heroin that even if you IV it how it's basically just like any other opiate, and that most people who "try it" or think they can use it recreationally the way people smoke herb on weekends a few times a month wind up addicted fast.

I was addicted to IV heroin for years. The high is not worth seeking, simple as that.

Maybe you could beat the odds, maybe you can use responsably. You could be special.

Dont be an idiot.

Obviously, I wouldn't recommend heroin to anyone unless they are fully prepared to endure the pain that comes with the pleasure. You're shaking hands with the devil by experimenting with strong opiates/oids and heroin is the worst because it is so cheap, allowing your tolerance to skyrocket.

Your dope could be bunk, you could have a naturally high tolerance, you might not have vaporized it correctly; it's hard to tell from where I stand. Now, if you are going to be dabbling in heroin. I would recommend buying a larger quantity if that's possible, then you can do your previous dose, try a little more and then you'll know whether you're being served bunk shit.

I don't want to encourage the OP to try dope again. It helped me ruin a good portion of my younger life, cost me ~$200,000 roughly. Then came the reckoning day, when i finally ran out of love and money and was banging on the walls.

Enter methadone... a four year stint with clinic rules, getting up at 5:30 every single day but Sundays, no breaks, no vacations out of country, some call it liquid handcuffs. I wouldn't go that far b/c it helped me save myself.

Enter bupe to replace the hassles of methadone, add it all up and I'm an opioid addict just the same - for fifteen years. Probably spent another $50k in fees for treatment, UAs, methadone, Subutex, physicians, therapists, ERs, ambulances and funerals.

Bottom line - you never really get out, my friends who got out are dead, that's how they kicked the habit. No joke, looking the family in the eye and not being able to lie (I couldn't do that, I can't lie about shit that serious). Having to admit and "explain" to them that I used with their sons but couldn't "out them" b/c we were all in it together. Imagine that next time you consider trying it. Each time Ib was yelled at, threatened, ostracized in my grief and shamed to hell.

But... I do have two very close friends that I chipped with back fifteen years ago, they chipped for about six years. Then moved, loved where they live and neverv looked for a new connect. Haven't used in six years, never had a habit, but never IV'd like I did. I guess they're 1%ers.

Find a hobby, take up an instrument, learn to code, get into fitness & working out, get a old sports car and fix it up and get your kicks driving fast in the sun...

Anything but dope or benzos.

Meth may wreck people, and I've done my share, but that i could put down for weeks to months at a time. Not so with heroin, heroin is not fun. To enjoy heroin is to leave a good life behind for a very selfish endeavour- always try to not feel sick, or get high if you can still afford it, mostly you just try to "stay well". IT IS HELL.

I don't want to encourage the OP to try dope again. It helped me ruin a good portion of my younger life, cost me ~$200,000 roughly. Then came the reckoning day, when i finally ran out of love and money and was banging on the walls.

Enter methadone... a four year stint with clinic rules, getting up at 5:30 every single day but Sundays, no breaks, no vacations out of country, some call it liquid handcuffs. I wouldn't go that far b/c it helped me save myself.

Enter bupe to replace the hassles of methadone, add it all up and I'm an opioid addict just the same - for fifteen years. Probably spent another $50k in fees for treatment, UAs, methadone, Subutex, physicians, therapists, ERs, ambulances and funerals.

Bottom line - you never really get out, my friends who got out are dead, that's how they kicked the habit. No joke, looking the family in the eye and not being able to lie (I couldn't do that, I can't lie about shit that serious). Having to admit and "explain" to them that I used with their sons but couldn't "out them" b/c we were all in it together. Imagine that next time you consider trying it. Each time Ib was yelled at, threatened, ostracized in my grief and shamed to hell.

But... I do have two very close friends that I chipped with back fifteen years ago, they chipped for about six years. Then moved, loved where they live and neverv looked for a new connect. Haven't used in six years, never had a habit, but never IV'd like I did. I guess they're 1%ers.

Find a hobby, take up an instrument, learn to code, get into fitness & working out, get a old sports car and fix it up and get your kicks driving fast in the sun...

Anything but dope or benzos.

Meth may wreck people, and I've done my share, but that i could put down for weeks to months at a time. Not so with heroin, heroin is not fun. To enjoy heroin is to leave a good life behind for a very selfish endeavour- always try to not feel sick, or get high if you can still afford it, mostly you just try to "stay well". IT IS HELL.
True words here ladies and gentlemen, no bullshit.

I try to tell my friends, loved ones, and the people around me that this is a life struggle. OR you die.... But they just dont get it. They want to hang onto the idea of a "cure."
Sad part is addicts that I've met throughout my recovery attempts are some of the smartest most intelligent cats I've ever met...