• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Dropping from 16mg/day to a dose that doesnt give side effects..where should I start?

silverfucked

Bluelighter
So..I've been taking 12-16mg of suboxone a day..I'm starting my third month of ORT..the first month was amazing..then I started feeling permanently drowsy, blank, emotionless, except irratible, and my libido was dead..very drastic from the first month..So I figured I have a fuck ton built up in my system..It's now 36 hours since my last dose and I feel amazing! Full of life, good spirits, awake, and horny as fuck lol..But what goes up myst come down, and I'm wondering the best dose and the best way to adjust..I was thinking four mg a day, but I don't want to start building my serum levels up again too soon..I also don't want to fall into a slide of withdrawal by waiting to late..

Any thoughts?

I can still feel the warmth of bupe in my system btw, but most of those side effects are quickly vanishing hour by hour.

I go from 16MG to 8MG always; never an issue. been taking 16MG for a week and then days will go by where all ill need is 8. a drop from 16 to 12 will be easy. and after a month or so there just drop to 8MG. the reality is all you need is 8MG to get you by the day but the more is always better to help BLOCK, ya know!?

shouldnt have any problem w/ this whatsoever.

You think 4 is too low..I dont get high from any of it, but the higher the dose the worse the side effects..so I do want to go as low as possible..If I start tommorrow taking 4mg every am, am I gonna find myself in withdrawal next week?

I'm also kinda waiting to feel withdrawals before I start redosing, but I'm also concerned by then, the pendulum may be swining in force that will require a large dose to reverse

4MG will cut withdrawals easily; just wait to you feel them coming back before you even consider more.

Drs tend to overdose suboxone, so you have no worries.

16mgs a day is fucking ridiculous, honestly absurd dude. I cant believe people actually do that much, total waste of subs.

4mgs a day is all u need, Max. Plus, at 4mg(or under) u can breakthrough by shooting dope...

Also, people seem to think u HAVE to dose subs twice a day. Its bullshit, every 24 is fine.

Last edited:
I plugged 2mg today and it shot me right back to boner kill mode lol...so I'll take another day off and then it may be that I can get by on as little as 2mg every other day..none of it gets me high, so the less the better..I haven't felt this energized in a week

So My doctor started me on Subs 4 days ago. I'm now taking 8mg once every 12 hours. I am taking them exactly as I was told. Today I woke up and felt weird. I took my sub like I am supposed to. I had lightheadedness, heavy head, tired still, kinda pinned eyes, at a point I had confusion and some anxiety, 55 bpm, felt unattached. So I'm wondering what's going on... I didn't feel this way any other times I've taken it. (I'll note last night I took trazodone my doctor gave me as well to sleep 100mg) Now I'm worried to take more sub and I need to take it... Ugh is this normal? My head still feels heavy some what. I'm not trying to die! Thanks in advance!!! (I posted this in another thread but this one seems better for this)

Last edited:
So My doctor started me on Subs 4 days ago. I'm now taking 8mg once every 12 hours. I am taking them exactly as I was told. Today I woke up and felt weird. I took my sub like I am supposed to. I had lightheadedness, heavy head, tired still, kinda pinned eyes, at a point I had confusion and some anxiety, 55 bpm, felt unattached. So I'm wondering what's going on... I didn't feel this way any other times I've taken it. (I'll note last night I took trazodone my doctor gave me as well to sleep 100mg) Now I'm worried to take more sub and I need to take it... Ugh is this normal? My head still feels heavy some what. I'm not trying to die! Thanks in advance!!! (I posted this in another thread but this one seems better for this)
Honestly it varys from person to person. BUT, 8mgs twice a day is absolutely absurd no matter who you are. There is no need to ever take that much, its a complete and utter waste of suboxone. If you're going to just throw subs into the wind like that, then shit... mail 'em to me..and ill take 2mgs a day and use them properly haha. No matter what dose of heroin you're on, always start with 4mg 24hrs after ur last dose, then if u still feel shitty take 2 more mgs 8 hrs later. But thats the absolute highest youd ever need. (4-6mg in a day: MAX)

I swear to God all these sub doctors dont have a fuckin clue what they are doing. I've heard all these insane numbers, (16mg a day, 24mg a day, 32 WTF! I mean cmon) Totally
unnecessary.

And plus, when you get down to 2mg a day, you get that "sub buzz" back like when u first started taking them. The reason for this is because when u only have 2mg in your system, its almost completely worn off by the time u take ur next dose. Trust me. I know all this stuff cuz ive experimented with subs the last three years. haha no joke.

BTW, the drowsiness youre feeling is the trazadone.

I mean I wasn't trying to waste the subs, I was just following what my doctor said to do. I'll lower the dosage though since I'll be ok without 8mg every 12 hrs... I'll go to 4mg every 12 hours? Or is that to much to lower it, too fast? I still feel kinda unattached/to my own skin and lightheaded which I think is causing the anxiety bc I'm worried there's something wrong with me (bpm still kinda low 54). Is this normal? Did you feel that way the first time you took Subs? Thanks so much!!!

I mean I wasn't trying to waste the subs, I was just following what my doctor said to do. I'll lower the dosage though since I'll be ok without 8mg every 12 hrs... I'll go to 4mg every 12 hours? Or is that to much to lower it, too fast? I still feel kinda unattached/to my own skin and lightheaded which I think is causing the anxiety bc I'm worried there's something wrong with me (bpm still kinda low 54). Is this normal? Did you feel that way the first time you took Subs? Thanks so much!!!
Going from 16mg to 8mg should be no problem. Then stay on 8mg for about a week then jump to 4mg. I guarantee you will feel much better, livelier, hornier etc... Talk to your doctor about a tranquilizer(non addictive) to cope with the anxiety. I took Stellazine which worked great.

Peace man I feel for u and I hope it works out. thats my best advice regarding subs, I've got alot of experience with em.