• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin dose for Hydromorphone user

LotusExige

Bluelighter
I've searched quite a bit so if this is out there please direct me. Also please no "don't do it" as I've given this a lot of thought.

I've been a fairly regular IV hydromorphone user for a little over a year. Quit for a few weeks at a time and while withdrawal is a bitch for about a week it hasn't killed me yet. I've decided to try heroin and have access to some stamps of #4 white powder uncut stuff. When shooting hydromorphone I usually do 4-8mg in a shot but have done as much as 20mg before at once without adverse affects (just a waste honestly, anything above 8 I can't tell any real difference other than maybe a longer nod). At most I might do 80mg in a day but usually more in the 40-60 range.

As I'd like to try the heroin and not have it do anything bad to me how much should I start with? I don't have a scale or other way to measure other than the amount in the stamps or to compare to the size of the powder I get from crushing one hydromorphone (I get the great Perdu ones that crush and dissolve great). So where do I start, I know small but I don't wanna do something so small it's nothing then do another and another.....

And finally I hear mixing the two is the best but I assume I should wait a bit to try that vs. right outta the gate, yes? Again I want to be around to post again. Any advice on dosing very welcome.

The the potency of Morphine is x1
The potency of Hydromorphone is x6 of Morphine
The potency if Heroin is x2 of Morphine

This means Hydromorphone is x3 more potent than Heroin.
8mg x 3 = 24mg.
Considering that it's street dope and not medical Diamorphine, 30-35mg of H should be good.
Heroin has a up to 5-hour half-life, that's 2 hours longer than hydro, so you would need to shoot up less often.
Don't expect anything good from it though. The rush is barely noticeable compared to Hydro, and H has more side-effects. Also H takes up to 30 seconds to kick in due to metabolism issues (deacetylation...)
Stay safe

RC

Thanks for that detail, helpful. When you say 24mg (or 30-35mg) I would measure that on a small scale? How many mg in a "stamp"? That's supposedly what I'm getting.

Interesting the comments on the differences, I've read lots of back and forth and it's my curiosity that has me. Even with fair high usage for a year when I quit I'm ok in 4-6 days (other than extreme insomnia) and don't ever have needle fixation. I've always considered those the real bad parts and since heroin would be an occasional since I'm perscribed hydromorphone I sorta figure why not.

if you could somehow stick to the hydromorphone, I would surly STAY w/ THAT! way more potent, health, uncut, and just a better overall high than your street dope.

but, if you must try - I assume you are buying a bundle/gram (10 bags), right? so just based on experience alone I would shoot 3 bags to start (you'll be fine based on your exp w/ the HY). from there, you can somewhat weigh out what type of dope you are getting and how good it really is.

take into consideration that EVERYONE will be getting different dope, so its tough for US to tell YOU what YOU should do w/ YOUR dope, get it? we have no idea how potent it truly is, what the cut is, color is, etc. also, I assume its POWDER since you are in Germany and not tar, right?

anyway, if you buys a gram/bundle and receive 10 bags, just kick off w/ 3 bags and see how you feel and take it from there.

Thanks Boston, appreciate the further input. Totally understand the issues around strength/cut vs. a pharma that's far more controlled. I'm getting it from a very reliable online source, supposed to be very pure white #4 and totally uncut. Honestly I think I'll start with one then go from there just to be super safe. There's two main reasons to try it, one I'm just curious so I figure I've gone to the needle already it's no biggie and two many times my pain levels are high enough that I run out 2-5 days early at the end of the month. This could be something to fill the gap there and for the times when I do want to nod for a while (as I don't really that often from the hydro). As everyone knows the rush is great on hydro so I'm not expecting bigger there.

Finally I may then at some point try mixing say 1 bag and 4g of hydro to see if I can get the rush and the legs. That would be a rarity indeed and I'd start slowly there too. I do enjoy life and don't want to do something stupid...

if it supposedly a "good" online source and "uncut" which its always FAR FROM BEING but still, far less cut then most, then just start w/ a bag and see where it leads; less is always better since we are dealing w/ life here. much easier to shoot MORE later than to somehow take a shot back, ya know!?

good luck w/ it.

I would use 2-3 25 mg diphenhydramine for each point. Make sure u dont use to much water when mixing ur hydramine and tar. Texture should be like a finely grained Parmesan cheese, and the color should be more dark then light. Start off with a thin dump see how it effects u and go on from there! HOPE THIS HELPED!

I would use 2-3 25 mg diphenhydramine for each point. Make sure u dont use to much water when mixing ur hydramine and tar. Texture should be like a finely grained Parmesan cheese, and the color should be more dark then light. Start off with a thin dump see how it effects u and go on from there! HOPE THIS HELPED!
lol. dude, he's SHOOTING, not sniffing. he also has POWDER, NOT TAR! did you read anything he wrote? or is this just a random reply based on the name of the thread? ha.

but to the original poster, why would you even bother mixing? I see no point. just do your drugs separately; this way you have an idea what each one does to you and what to expect going forward.

really no need to mix the batch; esp. if this is your first time w/ dope.

there's a reason right after my post I said my bad didn't read the part about you iving not sniffing

oops, there a reason I didnt see it and replied anyway. I hit reply the minute I saw the first, not the 2nd.

Thanks for the continued discussion guys - I am trying to be as safe as I can be about doing something that's sorta stupid and inherently unsafe I guess. Fortunately I'm very safe with new needles every time they pierce my skin (hell sometimes one shot takes 5 needles) and I use all kinds of creams and oils on my skin to prevent marks. Never get an abscess and always use as clean a process as possible with saline solution - no micro filter, that's the only real bad part.

Anyway at first I definitely won't mix as I'm curious the difference - but I heard mixing is the best as you get the great rush from the hydro and the long legs from the heroin. That's the reason I brought it up. Something I'd probably try once or do on occasion given the costs of combining.

Agreed that I'll start with 1 bag (that's a stamp, right?) and go from there. Only have 5 coming so not much to play with I suppose.

kid, you are all set, trust US! lol.

you have a high enough tolerance not to worry too much, ya know!? seems you already have enough of a tolerance to not have to worry TOO MUCH, ya know!?

good luck and keep us updated.

TBH Sticking with dilaudid would probably save you a lot of trouble.

Heroin is glorified to be some "MOST AMAZING OPIATE OF LIKE...EVERRR!!" but that's simply not the case.

Juxtapose heroin to Hydromorphone and what do we see?; Hydromorphone is supplied by a PHARMACY, so if something goes wrong, you get a lethal dose, or more scary, a tainted batch, you will at least KNOW, and maybe even be in the position to sue, etc...
Heroin comes from shady guys wearing linen pants, and they were probably fondling their balls when they were weighing/bagging up your shit. Think about that.

Heroin is not made in a controlled environment, and frankly, as long as it "fucks you up!" the manufacturers don't give 2 shits WHATs in it...they could be selling you nothing but pure morphine with a shitload of dust in it, but you would never know because it would still "FUCK YA UP".
Hydromorphone is made in a sterile lab, by SCIENTISTS who actually KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THEIR DOING! If something is wrong with their product, they give a shit, because they HAVE TO....
If something is wrong with a batch of heroin, COME ON JUNKIES 50% OFF FIRE SALE! And nobody gives a shit except that 1 guy who caught endocarditis....

Even if your buying your Hydromorphone tabs on the street, chances are there IS NOT some fuckhead with a pill press making perfect replica M 8's or whatever with any given chemicals he has on hand.

Heroin doesn't just come from Colombia, Mexico, Burma, or WHEREVER and then go straight to YOUR GUY! It goes to at least 6-12 guys before YOUR GUY and i'll bet you your good shootin' arm every one of those rat bastards cut it with SOMETHING.

What did they cut it with? You won't know, unless it seriously fucks your body up, lands you in the hospital where they do a tox screen to find out how much powdered lidocaine was in your dope that it caused a myocardial infarction.

If you REALLY DO YOUR RESEARCH, you'd know that Hydromorphone is JUST AS GOOD AS, if not EVEN BETTER, than STREET HEROIN. The way they work in the brain is 95% IDENTICAL! FACT!

So if you want to be a cool kid and try STREET heroin, you're just gonna have to play it by ear, and hope you don't OD or have an allergic reaction to PROCAINE or QUININE or some horseshit that some hoodrich wannabe cool-ass punk put in it to make an extra 2$/bag.
Good luck!

P.P.S. buying online is JUST AS STUPID, if not stupider than buying on the street, FYI. People don't give a shit about junkies, so don't expect justice when you get a bad rash from some garbage cut, LOL

^^I totally agree with the guy above. Heroin is by far the most overrated opioid there is. Even if you get medical heroin (Diamorphine), it still wouldn't be as good as Hydro. I have IVed Nicomorphine (x4 5mg MorZet tablets), which is identical to medical heroin in terms of effects, and I wasn't impressed. Stick with hydro, but if you're out, and you need to slam a shot, I would suggest you stash up on Pharma opioids.

Can't say I disagree in the slightest and given how things are working out it looks like I'll only be getting 5 stamps of heroin anyway and a ton of hydro so the heroin will be a one time thing. Hell given how right Treefa is I may just pitch the bags I have coming as you're totally right about the pharma quality of the hydro. I suppose to a large degree I'm just hung up in the "I wanna try it" after all these years. I'm a jazz musician (or was) and have been into other things for a long time so there's definitely been a certain romance there I suppose I've wanted to try. Never thought I would as I never thought I'd try the needle but now that that ship has sailed I figured what the hell, let's try the big daddy. You make some excellent points that give me pause.

While you're most likely right about the online quality being no different I have read/heard from a few sources that this is supposedly about as good as it gets (and it was not cheap). I think that's why I was considering it but again you've given me good pause.

Back to the original question though - it seems that with my tolerance now that I don't have to be too scared about doing something stupid first time out, that's been my biggest fear.

if you are grabbing from sites like the old Silk Road, then yes, you may be receiving a quality batch, so do not always listen to the negative.

I've been using street heroin for the last 10yrs and have used online marketplaces and received better quality dope than my typical street dealer; as you mention, pricing was through the roof, but the quality was there and you had others users leaving the reviews, so my "dealer" was somewhat trustworthy.

and w/ regard to the original question, you still have to be careful because we do not know what type of dope you are getting, what the cut is (all dope is cut) and what the expectation may be. so still take it slow as you first mentioned since you can always reload a rig and blast more.

you still have to be careful because we do not know what type of dope you are getting, what the cut is (all dope is cut) and what the expectation may be. so still take it slow as you first mentioned since you can always reload a rig and blast more.

Agreed all around - and while I appreciate some of the discuss like my original post said I want advice on dosage not on should I or not. There was some good information posted so I don't mind but if the stuff comes (and yes just as you describe and I also figure the reviews help) I'm probably going to try it and will obviously post back. Still may be a few days, unless I'm getting scammed that is...

you still have to be careful because we do not know what type of dope you are getting, what the cut is (all dope is cut) and what the expectation may be..
There was a study done in the UK, or somewhere else in Europe, where they got many samples of street H from different cities, and the average purity was 30%, HOWEVER, only HALF of the samples were cut. The other half had no cuts, instead they had 70% worth of manufacture impurities such codeine (which can cause an awful histamine reaction) and acetylcodeine (which can cause seizures) and other useless shit, but no cuts.
The quality of H really went downhill, and like you said, sites similar to good old SilkRoad were decent, but most of them (*cough*Evolution and BlackBank*cough*) exit scammed, and AG is always down and will probably exit scam soon.
I never bought anything serious from them, only RCs that I couldn't find on clearnet, so it didn't really affect me, but some people lost a lot of funds on there...