• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants taking speed every day=bad for your body or not?

Sandpapper

Greenlighter
So I've recently started to experiment with amphetamines. First time I tried it was probably between 2 and 3 months ago and I took a high dose (like 2500mg of street speed) under the course of 24 hours.

Now I've been doing amphetamines every day for 3 weeks. The dosage I've been taking is somewhere around 150-200 mg a day of the street speed that we get here. Once or twice a week I'll do about 400-500 mg's a day.

Very soon after starting to use amphetamine I noticed muscle pain and unease that sometimes gets really intense. This usually happens when I am alone. Sometimes I even get the feeling that something is really wrong with my body and that I might even faint or suddenly die (but it never happens). I get this intense paranoia that either my heart beats to fast or that I have some kind of heart disfunction (even though I don't think I have, and doctor said my heart is fine). It might be the chest pain from the speed that causes the paranoia about my heart. When it is at it's worst I have a hard time breathing or even moving (because of the pain+maybe anxiety) Because the amp also have a lot of positive aspects right now I don't want to quit right away so I want to figure this out first.

So my question is: are amphetamines actually bad for my body/heart? Or are those things nothing to really worry about? I don't know if it's just my mind making most of it up or if it is real. Is it then possible to take amphetamines every day without doing any harm to yourself? How can I be sure that I won't suddenly have a stroke and die? And also, does the speed cause any permanent damage to my brain/dopamine thingie? I have no history of body disfunction (but now I'm starting to wonder).

Keep in mind that I'm eating enough and sleeping well enough.

Thank you very much!

I think taking any drug everyday would be bad for you ahha

I cant answer for speed exactly but meth is very similar.

But to your question
Hows your sleeping pattern? Eating pattern? Ex cerise?

People always ask how i smoke meth everyday but stay im shape and don't loose my mind.

I just found when i stated up for days and dint eat i got pains in my arms and my muscle was deteriorating. I realised i just gotta stick to a normal life pattern.
If i cant eat i just have protein or mass gain shakes, take zannies when i go to sleep and go to the gym every night.

If you Havent slept for a few days and you start think your gonna die or something its most likely just in your mind.

Best thing to do is not do it every day haha but if you do just keep to your normal life.

Dont know if this helps ahah because its not about speed but you can properly use this with it.

You can't really compare racemate amph to pseudo-meth although overdoing either will produce similar outcomes. From what i know it's alot more physical or anxiety inducing (amph), Reassurance will not help your anxiety which no doubt it is all it is, but using everyday for 3 weeks, are there really any positives to your use when you believe you're going to die?

I doubt you're eating, sleeping or getting enough water whether on speed or not that's horrible for you. The constant stimulation and sleep deprivation definitely puts a strain on the heart, you know this, but ofcourse all us speed addicts will justify use somehow. Personally i can't wait for a shot a Meth tomorrow, good luck with it.

To me this isn't even a question.

The simple answer is yes.

Meth is one of the most dangerous drugs ever to use daily, actually. It's VERY damaging to the body.

Not to scare you, but I had a friend who was also a heavy meth smoker, but 1 day I heard from others that his heart failed on him, it pretty much exploded and he died instantly.
I believe he got a heart attack, and his heart was racing SO fast, and then that happened.
He was just 27 years old.
I just wish I was there to help him, or at least call 911, but once you're in the game, anything is possible. =/
R.I.P. to him.

So yeah, like stated above, doing any hardcore drug everyday is bad.
Esp. street drugs, and recreational drugs. Exactly just like meth.

In my city street speed are meth pills. I took 1-2 pills every day for a few years and I always felt sore. I didn't eat and sleep properly, I lost way too much weight, I could feel my heart racing and my muscles aching most of the time. It took me a long time (almost 2 years) to recover and feel healthy again once I stopped taking speed. I haven't been diagnosed with any medical condition directly related to my speed use but I can tell you it certainly felt toxic and harmful, and it took its toll on my body and on my mind. A lot of former daily users will tell you the same thing. I think speed can be great but you have to use it sparingly, and avoid binging.

Speed makes you feel like you're a fucking genius sitting on top of the world but it gets real nasty real quick.

I had a friend who's mom had narcolepsy and was prescribed desoxyn for years (basically methamphetamine in pill form). Without all the cuts, etc, it can't be that horrible for you if it was meant to be taken daily. On the same note, people are prescribed adderall and take it regularly. So I wouldn't think the speed itself is toxic ?

Personally I have not done speed in years so I'm not going by experience there, just logic...

I'm not entirely sure this new cartel ice is even methamphetamine at all. I tried some a week or two ago in Atlanta around 6pm and fell asleep by 3am. Whatever it is, it is nowhere near as strong as what was going around there in 2002. Of course, doing methamphetamine every day is not good for your physical or mental well being, but every once in a while (say, once a month for 2-3 days) isn't going to do you harm. As for Desoxyn being methamphetamine, yes, it is methamphetamine sulfate; however, those pills are only 5mg, hardly an amount needed to get spun.

I had a friend who's mom had narcolepsy and was prescribed desoxyn for years (basically methamphetamine in pill form). Without all the cuts, etc, it can't be that horrible for you if it was meant to be taken daily. On the same note, people are prescribed adderall and take it regularly. So I wouldn't think the speed itself is toxic ?

Personally I have not done speed in years so I'm not going by experience there, just logic...

While it isn't bad in itself and with reasonable use one could take their prescribed dose(which will be far lower than the doses of someone abusing these substances) of Adderall or Desoxyn with no health complications, taking 200mg of Adderall daily will lead to a wide array of health issues in the long run.

If you're taking therapeutic doses of pharmaceutical-grade amphetamines, then no. As far as I know you can take a drug like Adderall every day without too much risk to, say, your cardiovascular system. I could be wrong about that, though.

If you're abusing some shit you bought on the street, though, yeah that's bad for you.

you need more salt and water in your diet.
greatly reduces muscle cramps from meth.

Amps are terrible for your heart, & there's a huge difference between taking stims every day vs opiates.

I'm just guessing here, I'm no doctor but when you feel like fainting & wanting to die, while your hearts beating fast, that's sounds like low blood pressure with anxiety mixed in, I've been thru it many years ago when i used stims for several days in a row.......I won't touch stims again, way too many negative side effects!

As has been said. Amps/meth are both toxic to your brain etc so yeah, not good.

I've been on meth smoking and IV'ing for the past 4-5 days(lost count) and before I slept last night I could hardly put a sentence together.

Amps are terrible for your heart, & there's a huge difference between taking stims every day vs opiates.

I'm just guessing here, I'm no doctor but when you feel like fainting & wanting to die, while your hearts beating fast, that's sounds like low blood pressure with anxiety mixed in, I've been thru it many years ago when i used stims for several days in a row.......I won't touch stims again, way too many negative side effects!

Your vessels become constricted and your heart starts beating too fast. Because your heart is beating too fast, your valves don't fully fill with blood, which decreases perfusion(delivery) of oxygen to brain tissue. Hence, you're fainting.

Same thing goes for your muscles, they're not getting enough oxygen. Which is why people in this thread are complaining of sore muscles.

I'm sure your body can compensate the first day or two if you're healthy, but eventually the deed takes its toll. Obviously, sleep and proper diet/hydration helps your mental state, but it doesn't help nearly enough to properly fuel your brain and muscle tissue.

You're better off sleeping, eating and hydrating than not while you're tweaking. But you're still putting immense stress on your body.

Meth is far more taxing on your body in comparison to heroin.

Learn to take care of yourself.
Seriously about the salt and water for your muscles.

Learn to take care of yourself.
The heart tends to make people paranoid, but seriously listen to me when I say salt and water for the muscle pain.

Salt with water is a good trick for retaining fluids. Meth induced paranoia will drive you nuts, but just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean you're not hurting yourself.

I get paranoid about this too!! Ugh, I'm glad it's not just me. I just get so preoccupied with what my heart is doing, especially on the comedowns when I really start noticing whatever weird rhythm is going on. I've also been told by doctors that my heart is fine. I feel like I just need a good way to distract myself from that uncomfortable comedown tachycardia...

I get paranoid about this too!! Ugh, I'm glad it's not just me. I just get so preoccupied with what my heart is doing, especially on the comedowns when I really start noticing whatever weird rhythm is going on. I've also been told by doctors that my heart is fine. I feel like I just need a good way to distract myself from that uncomfortable comedown tachycardia...

Snazzy is right, you need to learn and always take care of yourself and do the best precautionary maintenance that you can. It makes a difference.

Yes it's very bad for your body and mind, especially if you are taking very high doses of it like you have been. Stay safe.

My experience is that people's CNS basically hardwire you for anxiety problems (feels like your dying , rapid heart. Tight feeling) as to deter you from endulging..... It's like your subconscious way of reaching out to you to produce very real symptoms. This is what happened to my brother... Y