European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

NPS Act V1. Blankets? Just Say No!

Valkyrie

Bluelighter
Councils across England and Wales have called on the government to introduce a ban on the sale of legal highs.
The Local Government Association said current legislation was "not fit" for tackling the growing numbers of deaths linked to the substances.
It wants the policy to be included in next week's Queen's Speech at the opening of Parliament.
A Conservative spokesman declined to comment but said a blanket ban featured in the party's manifesto.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-32844191

Typical as I've just found one I actually like, 1P-LSD and it's out of stock everywhere now :(

So it is - wish I'd been a bit more sparing with it and not taken more at a point when it was only going to extend things.

Will have to use the rest of my supply wisely (1 for the Sun kil moon gig and 3 for Field Day). Hope this isn't permenant.

The main issue I have with a blanket ban (other than it being totally futile) - is the number of people that are physically dependant on RC benzos now and aren't able to stop without potentially having a life-threatening seizure...I'm sure some of them will go seek medical help if this goes through - but the majority will probably just be driven further underground.

'Progress', gotta love it.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK. Time to stock up on everything that cant be obtained easily from europe then.

There will be no blanket ban.

The VAT this industry creates must be very valuable. Ive realised that most of what i use could be obtained easily enough and at cheaper prices from europe even if there was a uk ban. I logged on to start compiling a panic buy shopping list but soon saw it was pointless. Whilst id certainly like to think you're right we cant be 100% sure. Im not saying anymore, who knows if what gets said on places like this fuels all these fires in Officialdom. :sus:

A ban on all legal highs will be announced in tomorrow’s Queen’s Speech, government sources revealed last night.

Ministers are poised to finally act on the synthetic drugs that have been blamed for scores of deaths.

The Home Office will publish plans for a blanket ban on all legal highs, ending the grey area that has allowed manufacturers and pushers to flourish.

But Home Office lawyers have been grappling with how to ensure a watertight ban. Manufacturers are able to get round the law by making tiny changes to the composition of drugs every time a substance is banned.

Ministers are considering a blanket ban, similar to the one introduced in Ireland in 2010. Suppliers would be required to prove their products were safe for human consumption.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-let-lethal-drugs-flourish.html#ixzz3bDzNkTyz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

jesus only wanted wine and mushrooms. everything else is a sin.

The main issue I have with a blanket ban (other than it being totally futile) - is the number of people that are physically dependant on RC benzos now and aren't able to stop without potentially having a life-threatening seizure...I'm sure some of them will go seek medical help if this goes through - but the majority will probably just be driven further underground.

'Progress', gotta love it.[/QUOTE

That's what happens when people start messing with unknown substance. They cause harm. People took them known the possibilities that these substances may one day be banned as it's what always happens. The government cant go on letting legal highs as they are dangerous.

Look at what's already happened? I've a friend on here addicted to benzos n other substances - tried getting help n had it refused because these RCs do not come up on drug test so this person is now having to pay lots of money n struggling to taper off with also trying to maintain a job.

I'm sorry to sound harsh but something needs to be done.

I've already mentioned in gibs about the 21 year old who died taking diet pilss. Whos going to take responsibility for her death??? For the pain n heartache that her family n love ones are dealing with? No one, because the stuff she took was "legal" n had "not for human consumption" on the package.

Evey

Evey

'Progress', gotta love it.

Driven further underground? Nah.. this would be the ideal time to ask for medical help if you have a RC benzo habit... as a benzo addict you can still take some responsibility and ask doctors for a supervised taper/detox, instead of choosing to be the victim who's driven underground and then just ordering moar from the Silk Road or wherever.

Drugs are drugs what ever their legal status and if you mess with them you ought to know the consequences - certain RC's have been banned for years now and the list grows all the time - fuck mdma was legal in the 80's (in the US not sure about here).A 'blanket ban' doesn't sound feasable as you would need to define in law what an RC is - so it sounds unlikely to me probably more of the same as is happening now i.e banning substances little by little, meanwhile new ones coming in to fill the gaps. Maybe the ultimate goal is to decriminilise/legalise certain drugs similar to portugal so people will be drawn towards the 'ol favorites' and as in the states increase tax revenues enormously on things like weed.

Driven further underground? Nah.. this would be the ideal time to ask for medical help if you have a RC benzo habit... as a benzo addict you can still take some responsibility and ask doctors for a supervised taper/detox, instead of choosing to be the victim who's driven underground and then just ordering moar from the Silk Road or wherever.

The trouble with this is GP's in the UK will demand an immediate taper from x00mg a day to veryfuckingfewmg a day and this will scare a lot of people from going down the GP route while Tor offers easy alternatives.

People are still paying for GP's over-prescribing in the 1970's and that's a farce.

Oh yeah now I remember, UK GPs would put an addict on just 18mg of Valium p/day maximum or so. But in-patient detox centers will no doubt give an adequate dose to, like, keep one from dying... right?

When I had an "illicit benzo" habit and sought (outpatient) help I was immediately put on 150mg oxazepam, 3x 50mg per day, dispensed once per week. To be fair I did abuse the fuck out of that script in the beginning...

I've already mentioned in gibs about the 21 year old who died taking diet pilss. Whos going to take responsibility for her death??? For the pain n heartache that her family n love ones are dealing with? No one, because the stuff she took was "legal" n had "not for human consumption" on the package.

Presumably the adult woman who took too many of the pills that were clearly marked "not for human consumption" will be responsible for her death?

Those pills in question where DNP (Dinitrophenol) ...comparing that to a "diet pill" is like comparing a thermonuclear bomb to a kiddies firework....I can't be arsed to go into it but anything that is used as industrial rat poison and is a metabic uncooupler with no thermogenic ceiling is asking for big, big trouble. I know bodybuilders who would take just about anything but wouldn't touch that stuff with a barge pole.

Even us pest controllers wouldn't use that shit (DNP) on rodents. It may still be in use in some countries but certainly not here AFAIK. Thing is, the woman that died took 3 pills obviously under the misconception that 'the more I take, the more weight I'll lose'. Again it's a case of education, not legislation. Apparently DNP was widely used medically for weight loss in the 1930s, but doses were carefully titrated due to the known hyperthermic affects. When will our stupid fucking governments realise that banning substances only creates more problems?