• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

NPS Act V1. Blankets? Just Say No!

Cheers for the answer. No i wont be shooting it, but using sublingually, and if i do go ahead with this plan i will be using 8mg tablets initially (all i could get without paying crazy prices) but whilst its easy enough to roughly quarter the pills, when the time comes to reduce further it will be difficult to do this accurately without using volumetric measurement and storage.

As I'd be wanting to start off with a known dose, i'd be grinding down 8mg pills one at a time, and may need to store the mix for a week or so, which would be risky for tap water? From what you say it sounds like it would be much easier to buy a small bottle of vodka or something. Though i have seen 30 ML bacterostatic water on ebay, unfortunately you have to import them from the usa, and that comes to a total of around £20 inc postage. Do you reckon the crushed pills would keep just as well in either of the solutions? I think i have a bottle of Absynthe somewhere, could i use that neat, or add some of that to some tap water, as all the bacatererostatic water seems to be is sterile water with added alcohol, presumably to inhibit bacterial and microbial growth?

Cheers for the answer. No i wont be shooting it, but using sublingually, and if i do go ahead with this plan i will be using 8mg tablets initially (all i could get without paying crazy prices) but whilst its easy enough to roughly quarter the pills, when the time comes to reduce further it will be difficult to do this accurately without using volumetric measurement and storage.

As I'd be wanting to start off with a known dose, i'd be grinding down 8mg pills one at a time, and may need to store the mix for a week or so, which would be risky for tap water? From what you say it sounds like it would be much easier to buy a small bottle of vodka or something. Though i have seen 30 ML bacterostatic water on ebay, unfortunately you have to import them from the usa, and that comes to a total of around £20 inc postage. Do you reckon the crushed pills would keep just as well in either of the solutions? I think i have a bottle of Absynthe somewhere, could i use that neat, or add some of that to some tap water, as all the bacatererostatic water seems to be is sterile water with added alcohol, presumably to inhibit bacterial and microbial growth?

20 quid for a 30ml vial of water? Fucking hell!! That's rediculous!!

I recon a vodka miniture would be fine....After all it's 40% alcohol and the rest basically water. I forget the volume of a miniture but roughly 50ml or so? Whatever it is I imagine what's written on the bottle is fairly accurate so would probably be fine for volumetric dosing and tapering.

Bactereostatic water is water thats been treated to be bacteria free .....it doesn't contain ethanol though... (Edit 0.9% benzyl alcohol)

Last edited:
OK cheers, ive just confirmed i do have Absynthe which is 68% proof. Would that be too strong, or would the strength of alcohol not matter?

Scratch what I said earlier....bactereostatic water contains 0.9% benzyl alcohol....but that's not the same as ethanol obviously.

I doubt the exact percentage of alcohol needs to be 40%....basically you need water to dissolve the bupe and some alcohol to keep bacteria at bay (although if it's in an airtight container I don't see bacteria being a huge problem for sublingual use but if you feel more comfortable doing that then that's ok)

Your idea sounds fine as long as you accurately measure the volume.

Also you are aware that 68% proof means 34% alcohol by volume?

i didnt know exactly what the % proof meant, only that 68% proof means that it is very strong. :\

I think i will make a 50/50 mix of Absynthe and tap water (maybe pre-boiled if im gonna be really anal about everything) and then add each 8mg pill to 1.6ml of my solution.

I cant see much going wrong with that. Cheers for your advice.

No worries.. Let me know how it works out....I'd be interested to know.

Edit....probably won't make a difference but I'd just use the booze and not bother with the tap water as the booze is mainly water anyway but I'm sure your way will work fine

Re: suboxone pills, are these the 8mg orange ones? You could always just crush the pill, get some scales and work out a ratio to dose the powder.

Assuming the bupe is distributed evenly though out the pill that is.

Just to clarify the terms 'ABV' and 'Proof' regarding alcohol content.

ABV (Alcohol By Volume) is quoted as a percentage.

Proof is quoted in degrees.

The ratio is roughly 4:7

Therefore, 40% ABV equates to 70° Proof.

MDB, if your absinthe is the genuine stuff, then its likely to be 68% ABV. 68° Proof is just your bog standard vodka strength.

Knew it was something like that :)

I always thought proof was double the ABV figure but not having drank alcohol in nearly 20 years I'm hardly what youd call an expert on booze...

Thanks for clarifying fubar....

So what is specific gravity then?

Knew it was something like that :)

I always thought proof was double the ABV figure but not having drank alcohol in nearly 20 years I'm hardly what youd call an expert on booze...

Thanks for clarifying fubar....

So what is specific gravity then?

Ooh, now you're testing me ;)

SG is basically a measurement of the liquid density. Alcohol is less dense than water so the alcohol content can be calculated by using a hydrometer which is a calibrated float that sinks lower when the alcohol content is higher. A formula (which I can't remember off the top of my head) is then applied to the hydrometer reading to calculate the ABV.

Ahh right I see. Seems a bit of a fuck on to have so many different ways of calculating the "fall-ey downess" of your fall-ey down juice. :)

Yeh, can all be a bit confusing - especially the proof measurement which is an American system 8) I'm not clear on the details, but this system involved mixing booze with gunpowder. If the gunpowder would still light, the booze had 'proved' itself. The lowest alcohol content that would still ignite was defined as 100° proof (approx 57% abv). This is why the American Indians called it 'Firewater'...

That was a dig at American creationists asking "If humans are descended from apes, why are there still apes?" and thinking that is a good argument against the best-supported theory in biology, if not all of science.

EDIT: Evey -- there are also women, of course. Wasn't sure it mattered for the purpose of sending up a stupid argument.