• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

NPS Act V1. Blankets? Just Say No!

On the note of OpTryp: people would do well to remember that "stocking up before the ban" translates pretty easily to full-scale trafficking of Class B/A's in a court of law.

Don't be fucking idiot.
Don't keep them at your home address.

I thought it wasn't illegal to possess them as long as you weren't selling them? Not got any like, just was under that impression.

Evey

You try convincing your local barrister that the 250 grams of pharm. grade white powder in your pantry is for personal use...

I read the newspaper last week and a terrorism article put me in a melancholy mood - can I burn down their printing press as tools of manufacture?
I stopped watching / reading the news for that very reason. Its too often just shit designed to keep the population scared and prepared to give up their rights. Especially anything controlled by that evil old lizard Murdoch.

Tis' true. However, if you stockpiled 100 tonnes of cannabis for your own personal use so that you wouldn't have to buy any more for a long long time, it won't hold up in court.

Pictures or it didn't happen :)

Get a grip man - I do that everyday... No, I'm planning something REALLY special for that day. I trust you will be free that day? Also, I strongly advise you to remove all body hair in preparation... ;)

So is it April or May? I read that vendors are closing mid march time.......I'm coonfuzzzed :)

Speaking of this thread and being gay...need to stockpile Poppers before the ban comes in. Any rough idea how many someone can get away with for personal use?

F.U.B.A.R. - you obviously haven't been doing your Kegels, have you? I would advise lidocaine and plenty of silicon-based lube :)

Speaking of this thread and being gay...need to stockpile Poppers before the ban comes in. Any rough idea how many someone can get away with for personal use?

Who needs poppers? Watermelons are cheap, freely available and legal ;)

I got my response from the SDLP MP I wrote to, I got a response with quotes (verbatim) such as:
"Over the last number of years, legal highs have been an ongoing problem in our society. It ia our responsibility as politicians to do everything possible to limit and restrict the availability of these substances and educate those who may come into contact with them to be aware of the significant dangers they present"8)
He goes on to say that the ACMD has said that one new drug is invented every week (like it's a bad thing, these evil drugs may have medical significance) "Statistics also show us that drug-related deaths have increased from 102 in 2011 to 115 in 2013" Wow a whopping 10 Alisdair! Has this maybe been consistent with an increase of birth rates in the eighties and ninties? Guess not being to understand statistics must be on the parliament entrance exam. Sure I even applied to be a police officer but failed the interview because I showed up on time in the correct building.
After this he waffles on about how banning drugs have a time lag despite the potentially fatal effects so banning everything is a good thing.
"It is crucial that we can quickly pursue the most appropriate legislation to control these substances" Shows how much our MPs understand. If you are in London or close to London a protest sans nitrous should be done, faffing around with nitrous was shooting the legal highs community in the foot considering the level of ignorance displayed by elected ministers.
He goes on to talk about how they have used an "innovative and imaginative plan in Belfast and Omagh leading to head shop forfeitsure orders; though personally the headshops are still 'working as intended' the only one that was closed down seemed to be a money laundering front because he let nobody buy from his shop even if you walked in passport in hand, the whole shopping mall where he was based has since closed. All the other headshops still sell legal highs.
The letter ends with some more waffling and then:
"We will monitor the legislative changes within the UK and assess their viability, we are always open to new legislative pathways and ideas for reform"

I re-addressed him with this which I'll now post up as an open letter to Alisdair McDonnell (I remember the talks on going to war with syria and when called up to say his oppinion he literally got caught snoozing and just said a bunch of words that were completely unfitting to the question) and the rest of parliament in general:

Regarding your response I feel somewhat confused. There was a complete lack of addressing the fact that removing these 'new psychoactive substances'; which in your letter you have made them to sound like a plague on society despite the fact that they only killed 129 people in the last year, when comparing that to the figure for alcohol (8000) or nicotine (20,000) that figure becomes staggeringly small.
However there are other issues such as Theresa May's lack of putting this legislation past the ACMD, rather choosing her own hand-picked 'experts' who she most likely knew would agree, as far as I know any law regarding drugs has to be passed by the ACMD which thanks to the "Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act 2011" which meant that the ACMD didn't actually require any scientists in it, however I digress; that is another matter.
The problem is that people will die and potentially have their futures destroyed due to unintended consequences of this ban; e.g. being sold the wrong thing, withdrawal from super-potent sedatives which have only existed for a year and doctors will not have any treatment plan for when they're rushed into hospital with a grand-mal siezure and the current dosages of benzodiazepines in treatment manuals will be too low to stop them and that's ignoring the cost to taxpayers due to multiple cases around the UK presenting themselves when the person has run out of their supply, or money (to keep up their habit illegally).
As well as this nearly every news outlet has been against this from the start (from the Daily Mail to The Guardian) due to the blindness of the act (Roller coaster rides could come under the act as they stimulate the reward pathways of the brain), the fact that most medical research into pain and addiction in the UK may need to be halted and the simple fact that prohibition simply doesn't work and we have a perfect example of that; America in the 1920s and 1930s (where more than 10,000 people died due to consuming alcohol substitutes such as ether or methylated spirits, not to mention the massive spike in organised crime), which is exactly what happened south of the border when they enacted a similar ban.
Simply put the best way to 'control drugs' (as experimenting with psychoactive substances is both human and animal nature; ie kangaroos eating poppy pods for the morphine contained within in Australia) is to put money into educating people properly by telling having experts teach school students the dangers of certain substances alongside recognising that statistically some of the students sitting before them are going to take drugs and thus teach harm reduction in the case of drug use.
This ban is the equivalent of enforcing celibacy before marriage to reduce STD transmission and 'bastard children'. Prohibition simply isn't possible and only claims lives rather than saving them such as in Mexico where the drug war has claimed nearly half a million lives(source; Frontline News.
This really needs to be brought up in parliament and reconsidered before history repeats itself.
Sincerely