View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

MDMA vs LSD

nottyouraverage

Greenlighter
Ok so im quite experienced with both LSD and MDMA but for the last year ive been dating a guy who doesnt like LSD nor does he want me to have anything to do with it which is why ive swithed to taking MDMA regualrly. Honestly, Im not really a fan of MDMA, i feel like shit during the come down and already deal with anxiety and depression and the MDMA come down makes me feel even worse for the days following. Im quite experienced with both more so the LSD and have done extensive amounts of research on both. I wont take anything unless i know all the possible side effects short term or long. I was thinking about getting some LSD and just taking it and telling him I took MDMA but im not sure if he'll believe it. About 6 months ago I took shrooms and did a considerable amount of H and told him i was drunk and on xanax and he believed it but its been over a year since ive taken LSD and so Im not sure. Is there any obvious differences between telling if someone has taken MDMA or LSD? :?

If its worked before it should work again right?

Last edited:
I would talk to your SO, personally. It's a bit over zealous to tell someone they can't do something they like yet expect you to do something that they enjoy, but you don't. I find that sort of thing doesn't work. Hiding things and going behind a persons back so you can do something you like but they don't approve when it's not hurting you or anyone else(except maybe hurting your guys feelings...)is a pretty silly thing IMO. Talk with them about the aniexty/depression, if they care about you in the least they should understand.

The duration of the experience as well as being on a whole different level would be two possibly noticeable things. Your pupils will be dilated longer than his/etc.

You shouldn't feel like you have to take a drug just because somebody else wants you to, you have control over your own body. I don't really think you'd be able to pull off being on one while he is on the other. They are vastly different, you will be experiencing effects for different amounts of time and the effects felt will be very different. Maybe you should explain to him that if he's ok with MDMA there's no reason he shouldn't be ok with LSD as MDMA is *a lot* worse for you. LSD is non-toxic and unless any adverse psychological effects emerge (in which case just stop) then you could use it every week without concern. MDMA on the other hand is neurotoxic and is changing things in your brain for sure every time you take it, and taking it any more than every 3 months is IMO a potential danger to your mental wellbeing, this could be even longer for some sensitive users. Plus recovery times from MDMA-induced problems seem to be a lot longer than problems that can come from psychedelics like HPPD. It is known that MDMA can lead to real, and severe depression and anxiety with over-use and I don't think anyone is immune to this effect eventually if repeated use is continued. Obviously there is no need to force your BF into taking LSD but maybe you should talk to him about it suggest he maybe try it, as if he enjoyed it, using it instead of MDMA could greatly reduce the health risks of his current drug habit, or maybe suggest mushrooms as they last half the time and have an even better safety profile.

Your SO sounds somewhat controlling...taking LSD is hardly the most destructive of past times and it makes no sense that he believes MDMA is safer. If you're not a fan of MDMA then don't do it regularly, do whatever you enjoy and don't let someone make you feel guilty about it, you shouldn't have to lie :)

He's never taken MDMA, he only smokes weed. He knows I like.taking Lsd but he also doesn't know much about either as he only knows what I've told him. When I take MDMA I usually end up redosing every couple hours so the high last longer which he knows as well. MDMA doesn't last long enough for me.

Sorry I didn't realise it was only you taking anything in this situation. In that case I'd just make a clear explanation to him that not only would you prefer to take LSD, that MDMA could potentially be damaging to you and he really should be more comfortable with you taking LSD from a scientific standpoint.