• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Possible injection infection

Rush of Beck

Greenlighter
Hello everyone

So I injected a mixture of heroin & meth a few hours ago. I tried registering in my foot but finally was able to in my arm. Anyway I'm wondering whether or not I can wait it out longer to get checked out or not? The issue is I think my foot is infected & im wondering if it's possible to just visit the doctor at my convenience. I've missed the last couple nights of sleep & im feeling insecure going into urgent care or whatever right now. I've been vomiting also. I just have low motivation right now. Anyway, my symptoms are pain, red injection sight, moderate swelling & slight heat. Also post shot i was consumed by heat like literally dripping in sweat. Do you think that was fever related or just the meth? I understand infections are capable of a lot I just idk maybe I'm scared to go in. Please don't be hurtful but I shared the needle. Could I be affected so negatively so quickly from sharing? Another possible infection on my hand I just noticed; it's painful & warm.. Only symptoms. What are your thoughts in terms of what I could be dealing with? Would it be possible to postpone a trip to the doc's today?

Some meth I've IV'd has caused me to instantly start sweating ass. I'm not an expert on infections or anything, but if you did get an infection it would probably come in the form of an abscess, which would appear after a day or so and would get increasingly painful and swollen over a couple days.

I've experienced immediate red swollen areas similar to the one you described before, which were somewhat painful for a couple days, but then went away (abscesses will get extremely painful). What I'd do is run/soak it with hot water and maybe some Epson salts. Get some food and rest and it will probably go away; if you keep staying up it probably won't in my experience.

You're tweakin' brah.
All the symptoms you described go a long with the drugs you took.

Except the heat near injection sites.
I'm pretty sure you're just tweakin', and if it gets bad enough you'll go to the hospital.
I guess. Do what you're comfortable with.

Also is this in the wrong area? I dunno....

OP: those symptoms are consistent with an infection. I wouldn't chance it, particularly if it's getting worse; you should see a physician if it's not already improved a great deal since you posted this. And yeah, this was posted in the wrong forum, so I moved it to Other Drugs.

ebola

OP, did you see a doctor?

Infections are never to be taken lightly, but especially in feet. I've had a lot of IV complications and feet are a nightmare to heal; they heal slowly, the blood supply isn't great, and they get a lot of cover and friction from socks and shoes, and you need them like, constantly. If you suspect an infection, especially in your foot, see a doctor at the early 'antibiotics' phase, because you don't want to deal with the later possible 'abscess' part of the experience.

OP: those symptoms are consistent with an infection. I wouldn't chance it, particularly if it's getting worse; you should see a physician if it's not already improved a great deal since you posted this. And yeah, this was posted in the wrong forum, so I moved it to Other Drugs.

ebola
ali?