• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc phenibut

xibenix

Bluelighter
I see a lot of people posting about phenibut lately. I feel as if I should possibly warn people. Yes it has its uses as a drug and a medicine however it can be very dangerous and even lethal I believe. In high doses, it can cause ridiculous things to happen. This was about two years ago so I cannot remember everything that has happened, and I've tried to type it up here before anyways. I'll just try to sum it up real quick. I had been dosing phenibut a lot for past couple weeks between 3-5g+ a day in a row , then one day I said fuck it and wanted to get rid of the rest of it so I took like 40g in one day and gave like 40g to my other friend (who was a lot fatter) he was fine the whole night. However I ended up tripping, hallucinating , staying awake for like 5 days , going crazy for a week or two, having multiple seizures and having to be admitted to psych ward for over a week from that one OD which they claimed was "bath salts" . It was phenibut , and then I had repeated seizures afterwords got diagnosed with epilepsy gained a ton of weight from the medicine etc. Summarized.

So don't be stupid dosing your phenibut, and even if you dose it correctly it can be a bitch IMO.

Yes bad move ! I couldn't sleep for 4 days n got sedated in hospital due to cold turkey phenibut withdrawal it is a very powerful drug

40 grams? Holy fuck.
I've been using it daily for 9 months. I'M down to 800mg by tapering. Not looking forward to jumping off this shit.

I see a lot of people posting about phenibut lately. I feel as if I should possibly warn people. Yes it has its uses as a drug and a medicine however it can be very dangerous and even lethal I believe. In high doses, it can cause ridiculous things to happen. This was about two years ago so I cannot remember everything that has happened, and I've tried to type it up here before anyways. I'll just try to sum it up real quick. I had been dosing phenibut a lot for past couple weeks between 3-5g+ a day in a row , then one day I said fuck it and wanted to get rid of the rest of it so I took like 40g in one day and gave like 40g to my other friend (who was a lot fatter) he was fine the whole night. However I ended up tripping, hallucinating , staying awake for like 5 days , going crazy for a week or two, having multiple seizures and having to be admitted to psych ward for over a week from that one OD which they claimed was "bath salts" . It was phenibut , and then I had repeated seizures afterwords got diagnosed with epilepsy gained a ton of weight from the medicine etc. Summarized.

So don't be stupid dosing your phenibut, and even if you dose it correctly it can be a bitch IMO.

Can it really be a bitch if you take an extremely small dose once a week or less frequently??

Like 1 gram or less?

Doesnt' that seem safe?

Can it really be a bitch if you take an extremely small dose once a week or less frequently??

Like 1 gram or less?

Doesnt' that seem safe?

<1g once a week would probably be fine if you can keep it to that, but if you have had any problems with compulsion/addiction, especially with GABAergic drugs, I would say it's not even worth it to find out. In my experience, the relatively mild effects and lack of comedown/hangover coupled with the extremely low price made it easy to consume as much Phenibut as I wanted to without thinking much about the consequences.

I think the price point is one that's not brought up often (for obvious reasons - price discussion isn't allowed on BL), but it was a huge reason I was able to justify using it so much. I won't go into detail, but let's just say most people could afford to buy a whole kilogram of Phenibut without breaking the bank.

Exactly, the price point , legality, efficacy etc is all an issue because it could easily lead to ODS. How they sell it in mass dosage quantities for cheap everywhere and its not illegal anywhere and it affects most people positively for a while especially if they suffer from anxiety. Its worrisome how its becoming popular because it can be dangerous with the way they are doing it.

See while I think all drugs should be legal for ages 18 and over I STILL think it's a problem that no one knows ANYTHING about Phenibut to the point where there are no real warnings on the label and no doctors even have any idea what it is when people come in complaining of problems with it.

I don't understand how this stuff has gone under the radar so much to the point where it isn't even considered an RC where people are doing more research on it it's just somehow sold as a supplement when it's a serious drug.

I'm still planning on trying a little bit since I already bought some but I'll be REALLY careful with it and never ever use it more than once weekly in extremely low dosages.

Phenibut used to be useful for anxiety and sleep as well as recreational from time to time. Tolerance builds quickly and while one gram used to get me a decent buzz, I can take 10 grams now only feeling a little bit lethargic. I decided it wasn't worth it and gave the rest to my mother who has genuine anxiety from tapering off Klonopin 3mg a day when she was using it for 15 years.... With increased tolerence comes loss of recreational as well as diminished medicinal purposes. I would recommend not using it more than twice a week if you are using it for recreational purposes.

Give it another 5 years it will be prescription only I'd say and prob for the best .

If docs weren't such tight knobs wen it comes to giving benzos out there would be no market for phenibut?

I +1 the don't use more than twice a week comment on here. Tapering off a 9 month addiction has been taxing on my mental stability.

I'd say after I get clean for a while I'll try and limit to once a week. But I think It's best I forget phenibut even exists. Damn my drug addict self. It can be a useful substance but withdrawal and tolerance is a bitch once you get sucked into it.

Everything I read suggest no more then two days a week, no more then about 3 grams a day.

People take it daily, for months, high doses, and then want to cry foul.

Respect the drug, do the drug, don't let it do you.

If docs weren't such tight knobs wen it comes to giving benzos out there would be no market for phenibut?

Fuck no, benzos to phenibut, is really apples to oranges, not all that similar at all.

I've had numerous bezos, still get them from time to time, nothing alike.

Personally I find phenibut much more useful and beneficial.

True phenibut doesn't slow u down like benzos do so u can be more functional

<1g once a week would probably be fine if you can keep it to that, but if you have had any problems with compulsion/addiction, especially with GABAergic drugs, I would say it's not even worth it to find out. In my experience, the relatively mild effects and lack of comedown/hangover coupled with the extremely low price made it easy to consume as much Phenibut as I wanted to without thinking much about the consequences.

I think the price point is one that's not brought up often (for obvious reasons - price discussion isn't allowed on BL), but it was a huge reason I was able to justify using it so much. I won't go into detail, but let's just say most people could afford to buy a whole kilogram of Phenibut without breaking the bank.

exactly and this is the reason phenibut doesnt really ruin peoples lives or cause problems as its very cheap..you could easily afford to use 4-5 grams a day without a problem..like another poster said, i highly doubt anyone can just use phenibut once a month..when you take, 1-2 things will happen, you will like the feeling so your dosage rate will increase(dont lie to yourself) or you wont like it andit will sit on the shelf..its quite powerful stuff for anxiety..

I +1 the don't use more than twice a week comment on here. Tapering off a 9 month addiction has been taxing on my mental stability.

I'd say after I get clean for a while I'll try and limit to once a week. But I think It's best I forget phenibut even exists. Damn my drug addict self. It can be a useful substance but withdrawal and tolerance is a bitch once you get sucked into it.

ugghh damn man, you are tapering from a 9 month addiction to phenibut and its been driving you mad and yet you still plan on taking it occasionally once u get clean?honestly, what are you thinking?better off finding something else..

Phenibut is far from a deadly drug in small doses, such as 500MG to 3G's. but yes, dosing at 40G's will surly FUCK YOU UP IN MANY WAYS!

dude, not for nothing, but you can say this about ANY DRUG/ANYTHING in the entire world; DO NOT OVER DO ANYTHING! only bad things will happen. hell, even if you drank 15 different 2 liters of soda you'd probably end up hospitalized, lol.

I've been taking Phenibut for the last 7 years; I see a Dr. once a month for 'other' reasons and I am still in good health. I used Phenibut here and there, but not too often. sure, there are weeks where I may used 3-4 times and then there are months I will not touch the stuff, so I do have my "addiction" under control, but I am just letting all know that it IS possible to take the drug and be under control.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been through the phenibut thing before, all I tell people these days is to steer clear of phenibut. It was hands downs the worst withdrawal I ever had and I've been through alcohol, benzo, amphetamine, and opiate withdrawal. I'd would say people just shouldn't touch this shit, it's poison that is highly addictive.

Been through the phenibut thing before, all I tell people these days is to steer clear of phenibut. It was hands downs the worst withdrawal I ever had and I've been through alcohol, benzo, amphetamine, and opiate withdrawal. I'd would say people just shouldn't touch this shit, it's poison that is highly addictive.
I totally disagree. I've been a heroin addict for the past 15yrs; opiates, day after day after day. in and out of rehabs, jails and everything else. but Phenibut I never had a problem w/ and always balanced my tolerance. I would only order a tub at a time and blow through that over the course of a month and leave it at that; I do not think Phenibut has that 'good, warm, feel' that the other drugs mentioned do. sure, you may get an overall sense of 'well-being', as they say, but its no where near good enough to be taken daily, or even wanted by the user to be taken daily.

again, this is all based on my own experience.

ugghh damn man, you are tapering from a 9 month addiction to phenibut and its been driving you mad and yet you still plan on taking it occasionally once u get clean?honestly, what are you thinking?better off finding something else..
No I'd like to be able to. But once Im off this shit whatever's left is going in the trash. I know i cant stick to once a week lol