• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

fioricet

suzieq70s

Bluelighter
I was recently prescribed fioricet again for migraines. I've taken it in the past (about 5 years ago) and it works excellent for my migraines. I am now wanting to take it to produce a very nice calming relaxed everything is gonna be alright feeling to help with PTSD and anxiety. I'm wondering what others have experienced with taking it recreationally and what is a good dose to start with. My recreational drug use experience is very limited. About 8 years ago every night for 6 months I would drink a half a fifth of vodka whiskey tequila or whatever I could get my hands on mixed with a couple of Percocet or darvocet. Nothing since then except a couple of Percocet at a time every few months. Keep in mind I'm very inexperienced. Any advice and information is greatly appreciated.

fioricet and ambien

Anybody have any experience taking ambien 10 mg and fioricet together

I took fiorect and klonopin, it most definitely was synergistic. I was on suboxne too so for all I know it could have been really dangerous to mix. I used to sleep walk on ambien so I personally wouldn't mix it if it were me. Be careful and do some research before you do anything like that. Butalbital isn't super lethal but make sure you check it out.
For anyone reading this, always make sure you read up as much as possible if you find yourself wanting to mix pills it could be russian roulette. Only you can prevent making a lethal mistake with mixing pills or any drugs.

Thankyou for your response. Frankly the idea of messing with ambien is a little scary at least to me. I'd worry about going to sleep and not waking up. I've messed around with fioricet before nothing real heavy though. I'm just kinda looking for a very nice relaxed calm feeling. But again Thankyou.

I've also taken both before but seperately and only at the prescribed dosage

Last edited:
fioricet and alcohol please help

Ok. Here it is. I've taken 3 fioricet in the past hour and I only feel a very very mild sedative effect. I'm wondering (the only think I have in the house is Malibu rum) I'm wondering if having a few gulps of it will intensify the effects in a positive or negative way.

Ok. Here it is. I've taken 3 fioricet in the past hour and I only feel a very very mild sedative effect. I'm wondering (the only think I have in the house is Malibu rum) I'm wondering if having a few gulps of it will intensify the effects in a positive or negative way.
While most barbs like Nembutal and Seconal are dangerous by themselves, butalbital is a relatively safe barb (very similar in effects to phenobarbital), It has a quicker onset of action than pheno though, which makes it more recreational. Mixing barbiturates with other CNS depressants (like alcohol or benzos)= cardiac arrest/respiratory failure, in other words, suicide. You don't want to pull that off, trust me.

No you shouldn't be gulping down liquor with these pills. Like rc mentioned, they are both CNS depressants. Plus the acetaminophen can be destructive to your liver, just like alcohol so you shouldn't take them together.

Thanks y'all. I did not drink anything last night and what your saying makes a lot of sense about respiratory suppression

If I can ask another question. Is it true that the more I use fioricet recreationally the more it loses its efficiency for what it was originally prescribed for (migraines)

If I can ask another question. Is it true that the more I use fioricet recreationally the more it loses its efficiency for what it was originally prescribed for (migraines)
All GABAergics including butalbital (fioricet) lose their entire effects VERY quickly, with the exception of Etizolam, which seems to decrease tolerance in the long-run. Benzos, especially potent ones, lose their effect the quickest. While butalbital's effect will work longer, physical dependence will build before you even realise it, because of its 4 day half-life. I've been through this with Phenobarbital, and after using it only 3 times in a row, withdrawal already occurred. Then again, this can happen with benzos too (phenazepam and flubromazolam) and I have dealt with this too. Be very careful, barbiturate withdrawal is far worse than opiate withdrawal, and after long term use, w/d can be deadly.

Thankyou again. I won't be doing it again for a long while. I feel hungover today. I don't know if that's normal. I just wanted a night off from reality and wanted to do it safely. I'm not sure if I read your above comment correctly rc about how addiction to fioricet (butalbital) can sneak up on you very quickly and very strongly. I've read a lot about how strong and dangerous the withdrawals are from fioricet. And from what I can gather gabapentin is the same way. I've experienced both in a very very mild version just from when I stopped taking my prescriptions of both cold turkey just because I didn't have insurance or money to see the doctor. So I can only imagine the withdrawals from a full blown addiction. On another note I feel the strongest urge to escape reality occasionally especially after the year I've had. And I appreciate a place where someone with more experience will bluntly tell me these are the things you don't want to do because they will freaking kill you. But if you insist on doing it here's the facts and info so you can do it safely. Btw. I'm seeing a therapist very soon to help with my emotional issues