• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Taking Oxycodone, can i take morphine in 5 or hours safely?

dustyw

Bluelighter
Hi Guys,

Is it safe to take Morphine sulfate (oral) about 6 hours after an Oxycodone dose (oral)?

I have never taking morphine, but my wife just took some because of a migraine. She says its very sedating feeling. I was about to take mine in the middle of the afternoon....i'm glad i didn't as i had no idea it was sedating.

Instead will take a 40 mg dose of Oxycodone now, and wondering if i took a 60 mg dose of Morphine tonight before bed if it was safe? I think it may be nice late at night to sleep?

Only concerned i won't die :)

You may have an allergy to morphine, which you don't know if you do because you've never used it. Many people are allergic.

Harm reduction advice..never start out on a high dose of a drug you're not familiar with...always start out with a small dose..5-10 mg...allow 20/30 mins for the drug to kick in before you start redosing and don't redose first try...start fresh the following day.

First time I ever took oxymorphone (opana) I started off at 5mg and I was high as a kite. Now I can do about 140mg a day when tolerance is up. Thing is, Opana is formulated to have the right amount of medications in the pill....you can't mix oxycodone/morphine together and hope for same effects, or dosage.

There's nothing wrong with trying something new, but use common sense.

NEVER take a new drug at bed time...damn, that's my #1 rule for 20+ years...always take during times when you're alert, able to experience the effects when your body is in motion and when you have someone around to help you should you run into trouble. Sleeping/new drugs....hell no, your respiratory rate slows during sleep and if you mix drugs that cause CNS depression, you don't wake up.

Great advice. Are they safe to mix? Again not together but 5-7 hours later?

What's your tolerance to opiates? Have you ever taken 100mgs of opiates in a day?

If so, you should be fine, but I would take the morphine about 2 hours before bed to make sure you're breathing okay.

Morphine is definitely one of my favorite opiates, & it gives the best pain relief of any opiate & lasts the longest as well, but its one of the most sedating as well.

My legs felt like hello the first couple of times I took morphine orally. Its definitely an opiate to chill out in front of the TV & enjoy a good movie, not like oxycodone where you're all energetic & running around.

Oral, 40mg of Oxycodone is equals to about 60mg of Morphine, just fyi. How your body metabolizes it is a different story. Some people dislike Morphine because their body doesn't take to it well. To determine whether it's safe your tolerance needs to be brought to light. How much Oxycodone do you consume daily?

Please for god sake don't swallow the morphine it sucks the oral route . Plug it or snort it if it is Morphine IR . I would need over a gram a day of morphine the oral route just to keep me normal . No high .

40mg of oxycodone equal to 60mg of morphine sulfate? No way in hell. At a time in my life when I was taking about 45-60mg of oxy to get high 300mg of morphine just made me feel tired. Now, I'm not saying take that much, but it is much weaker than oxy. Commonly cited numbers are 1.5 times weaker- by IV. Orally, it's less than half as strong.

40mg of oxycodone equal to 60mg of morphine sulfate? No way in hell. At a time in my life when I was taking about 45-60mg of oxy to get high 300mg of morphine just made me feel tired. Now, I'm not saying take that much, but it is much weaker than oxy. Commonly cited numbers are 1.5 times weaker- by IV. Orally, it's less than half as strong.

I have read that morphine is the same as Oxycodone mg per mg IV , and it is true to me , but oral morphine is about 3x weaker then swallowing Oxycodone the oral route.

Last edited:
I'm 15, and have had great exp with both oxycodone and morphine sulphate, I believe the morphine was 60mg, and I had special oxys that were 90mg! But yes you will be completely fine I'm a seasoned opiate user but I've taken 2, 90mg oxys along with 1, 60mg morphine sulphate, and I was fine just very notably HIGH oh yeah you want to become a couch potato and melt away there ya go. ( I also smoked a blunt)

This is why everyone is different.......oxycodone gives me headaches & doesn't do much for my pain. I rather take hydrocodone.

Morphine orally for me is great, I guess my body chemistry breaks it down quite well vs your body.