• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What dose of methadone do i need for recreational purposes?

shroomster

Bluelighter
Comrades,

Im on methadone maintanance at 71mg / day

Today ill come home with two take home doses.

If 71mg has me feeling normal, maybe a little better than normal, how many mg do i need for a nod (while staying safe)?

lol, dude.. you should know that yourself since its your dosage and you know what you can handle.

I'd try 95 at first and then just go from there.

Comrades,

If 71mg has me feeling normal, maybe a little better than normal, how many mg do i need for a nod (while staying safe)?

To me methadone is not recreational. I mean I know I have a few buddies that sell it in the streets ,and obviously some like it ,but from what I have experienced ,and seen is most people buy it off the street as a last resort just to keep from getting dope sick. Me personally I have a 500mg a day oxy habit ,and tried 120mg of methadone once to catch a buzz ,but all I got was relief from withdrawals . Just felt normal . I don't know what others think ,but if 3 40mg methadone pills don't give me a buzz I am not going higher ,and the pills are not cheap .

I would love to know others experiences with methadone though . Maybe I didn't take enough myself , but who knows .

if youre already a dope/opiate user, then methadone really wont do much. I was shooting 1-2G's of dope a day and then went to methadone to help out; I was on 95/MG/day for about 6 months before I just gave up and went back to dope; during my time I would buy methadone on the street to TRY and add on but NEVER GOT HIGH.

if youre already an opiate junkie then methadone wont do shit except keep you "normal".

if youre already a dope/opiate user, then methadone really wont do much. I was shooting 1-2G's of dope a day and then went to methadone to help out; I was on 95/MG/day for about 6 months before I just gave up and went back to dope; during my time I would buy methadone on the street to TRY and add on but NEVER GOT HIGH.

if youre already an opiate junkie then methadone wont do shit except keep you "normal".

But what I don't understand is methadone has a higher affinity for the mu receptor then Oxycodone. Why when I took a dose almost the same mg of my 180mg dose of Oxy I do 3 times a day I didn't get high as hell ?? Methadone is a weird drug .

Methadone is not as euphoric as heroin, no, but A high enough dose will def give u a decent buzz

Methadone is not as euphoric as heroin, no, but A high enough dose will def give u a decent buzz

I preferred methadone to heroin. When I used to be on methadone I would take up to 2/3 of the next day's dose and it became a habit. Be careful ;)

Increasing your dosage will increase your tolerance...so really, is it worth the few extra mgs? Don't push it man, it's not worth it, and please don't mix with benzos, that's what killed my nephew recently.

Nodding, really? No offense, but why? It's not going to be the heroin nod, not even euphoric at all. Only people I've ever seen nod are those who've mixed a benzo, or other opiate..most have ended up in the E.R.

I use methadone for short tapers every once in a while...Like 20/30mg doses a few days, then down to zero. Dones don't make me high, zero euphoria, just normalcy for a period with no cravings except salt and vinegar chips and candy.

I'm trying to research methadone maint./users as to why they feel they are "sober" on dones, why they go long term on this crazy high doses, why they feel this isnt trading one drug for another when it is, etc.

Comrades,

TBH methadone isn't recreational....i'm surprised it's even "medicinal" it's just nasty, nasty stuff IMHO/IME.

It's a very "dirty" drug, for lack of a better word, for me it causes such a feeling of DYSPHORIA that I just wanted it to leave my system ASAP, not even caring about the withdrawal i'd experience when it finally did...hell I was LOOKING FORWARD TO WD!

BUT to answer your question, since you're already on maintenance, I'd say attempting to provoke euphoric/recreational effects is futile.....maybe skip a day or 2 and score some Short-acting Opiates???

My nephew was on MMT for about a month or 2, he always talked about how 'high" he was or how "good" he felt how much he was "noddin".....didn't look like he felt too good to me. He finally quit the shit and relapsed on Crystal and pains, etc...

IMHO, if you're on Methadone Maintenance, but still want to get 'high" just switch back to Short Acting Opiates, or methadone may fuck your ability to get high in the future permanetly, IDK for sure.

Good luck man, whatever you decide be careful, consider the 36-48hour half life etccc....google drug interactions and stuff also...

Methadone is basically an illusionary last resort for Opiate addicts who wish they could maintain there habit....probably put out by the govt./medical profession just to kill off all the junkies.

I was at a crossroads recently, and i'm very glad I decided to stick with SAO's instead of going on meth or subs, sure maybe there's more time spent in withdrawal, but when I DO take my dose of a SAO, I feel it, and I still feel pretty good, even though i'm in a constant battle with my tolerance.

P.S. the socalled "nod" isn't where it's at IMO, opiates, for me, give me motivation & energy (which is more of a CURSE, especially when you rely on them for your motivation). If you still enjoy a Nod, maybe that's a sign that you're not too far gone to stop, and enjoy life without opiates.
WHen you get to the point you can't really do anything without them, that's when the going gets really damn tough...

Once you're on Methadone for a while, even doubling your dose won't give you that buzz you're looking for. At least that's how it was for me. I'd double my daily dose of 75mg and feel nothing but more mellow.

Methadone is fun for people with relatively low/medium tolerances, but for someone taking it daily it's a waste as far as getting high goes.

Not to mentiom the dangers of randomly doubling your dose as it tends to build up in your body.

I'm trying to research methadone maint./users as to why they feel they are "sober" on dones, why they go long term on this crazy high doses, why they feel this isnt trading one drug for another when it is, etc.

I think a lot of people would be lying if they said they feel absolutely nothing but sober on Methadone. It may not be an intense high, by it is a high of sorts. People dose their Methadone in the AM and then all of the sudden they become more social and chain smoke cigarettes, you know they're getting off to some extent. This is the reason a lot of people prefer Methadone over Suboxone. The mellow and drawn out buzz that's more reminiscent of their DOC than Suboxone.

Why do they go long term on high doses? Because they chase that mellow high. Methadone is like any opiate. They get acquainted with their dose and lose the mild buzz, so they keep increasing their doses into oblivion seeking to at least have some magic in their lives.

However, there are always those who do indeed have ridiculously big habits/fast metabolism and require high doses of Methadone to sustain them. In other words they need the high dose to feel normal and not begin withdrawing before the next dose.

I'm sure every Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance user is aware of the fact that they're trading one drug for another. It's the reason it's called Opiate Replacement Therapy. To some it really is like being clean(there are plenty of people that get no buzz whatsoever out of their maintenance drug) without having to go through withdrawals.

If a hardcore addict with a gigantic habit/tolerance ends up stealing, robbing and scheming to sustain the habit gets on Methadone and becomes a responsible employee/husband/wife/father/mother, it isn't a bad thing. For some people it's the only way to not live a destructive life. No, it's not ideal, but it's better than harming everything/everyone around including yourself.

Last edited:
Increasing your dosage will increase your tolerance...so really, is it worth the few extra mgs? Don't push it man, it's not worth it, and please don't mix with benzos, that's what killed my nephew recently.

Nodding, really? No offense, but why? It's not going to be the heroin nod, not even euphoric at all. Only people I've ever seen nod are those who've mixed a benzo, or other opiate..most have ended up in the E.R.

I use methadone for short tapers every once in a while...Like 20/30mg doses a few days, then down to zero. Dones don't make me high, zero euphoria, just normalcy for a period with no cravings except salt and vinegar chips and candy.

IME I went from a high vicodin addiction to methadone as a result of my script not going through. I never got so high in my life the 2nd to 4th day looking back I wish they hadn't let me as methadone wasn't made for light to mid strength opiates. It was made to stop heroin addicts from going nuts on the public. But as I hadn't been in a serious heroin/oxy/diluadid addiction it just floored my appetite for getting high. The only people I knew that used opiates at that time were heroin addicts and they didn't mind it at first. The reason I went to atmospheric dosages is 2 fold, all the clinics I went to let me control the dosage, the last one was literally run and owned by gangbangers and one doctor now they have multiple clinics. The second reason is I never was so high in my life and I didn't learn or know about the fact that when you go sky high on dosage you're really, really screwed if anything ever happens. I was on a huge amount not realizing how strong that kind of addiction is. I tried heroin after methadone and I didn't think it was anything special, but then I tried it when I got off methadone and thought it was good, but methadone was better. Some people just want to go to the oblivion, and using methadone to that capacity is very easy and attractive for those who don't know better. This was before suboxone, I eventually got on suboxone and would recommend it over methadone in almost any case. Methadone ruined my life and it's ruined ppl I know. I don't understand why they allow ppl to open new clinics now that there is suboxone, it makes no sense. People I know that went from heroin to methadone agreed saying they were never so high. I think it depends on the person.