• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Etizolam addiction sould i be worried.

borealic

Greenlighter
For the past 10 weeks i have been using 10 to 15 mg of etizolam a day. Most days before bed and some days during afternoon morning. My questions are how bad will these withdrawals be, how long should they last and what kind of care should i seek out? I tried to detox a few days ago and the withdrawals were horrible. They seemed to improve around day 3. Any experienced users out there with any information on how to deal with this and how long recovery should take? I'm aware PAWS are going to be a factor but i'm assuming i should still be functional based on previous experience with benzos.

Any information appreciated.

get some more etizolam and use it to slowly taper off only taking it when needed and taking the smallest dose possible or go tell your doctor ur problem and ask for a few valium or baclofen these help benzo wd

Yea do not go cold turkey off of 10-15mg of etizolam a day. That's a huge habit man, equal to like 100mg + of Valium per day or around 10mg of Xanax a day.

Definitely try to get your hands on a long lasting benzo like diazepam or I believe the rc diclazepam has a long half life and look up the ashton benzo taper manual, find your dose and follow his recommended taper plan for your daily dosage.

Good luck, benzo withdrawals are hellish from just 1-2mg a day for a year, can't imagine 10-15mg. If you don't taper you may have seizures/die.

Yea do not go cold turkey off of 10-15mg of etizolam a day. That's a huge habit man, equal to like 100mg + of Valium per day or around 10mg of Xanax a day.

Definitely try to get your hands on a long lasting benzo like diazepam or I believe the rc diclazepam has a long half life and look up the ashton benzo taper manual, find your dose and follow his recommended taper plan for your daily dosage.

Good luck, benzo withdrawals are hellish from just 1-2mg a day for a year, can't imagine 10-15mg. If you don't taper you may have seizures/die.

What i really want to know is how long should it take for symptoms to clear up. 10 weeks seems like nothing compared to 2-3+ years of klonopin or other benzos.

I plan on seeing someone about this very soon.

Hi borealic, if this help you in something: i started 11 months ago with 4mg Klonopin. 2mg at morning 2mg at night.

The last 5 months i tried to tapper, and with some want to do the things better, 5 months after... Today i'm taking 1mg/day. 0,5 morning 0,5 night.

Each time i reduce 0,5mg from my tapper, i have 7 or 10 days with a good baaaaaad feeling, and trying to sleep but only sleep 2 hours and nothing more.. for example

Even though you've only used benzos for 10 weeks, you've been HEAVILY using benzodiazepines for 10 weeks. It's not like you've been occasionally using them. You are extremely dependent and most likely highly addicted if you've gotten to that high of a dose. You're looking at an easy two weeks of horrible panic attacks and extreme insomnia coupled with other typically violent benzo withdrawal symptoms.

You need a medically supervised detox. Whether that be a medical detox facility/hospital that can monitor your vital signs, or a doctor that is medically supervising your detoxification at home is your choice. I would recommend a facility. You are at high risk for grand mal seizures that could potentially kill you. You seem to be slightly confused. Do not take this lightly; you are seriously addicted to a high dose of benzos.

Treat Etizolam like you would a regular Benzo. That is a massive dose. When I was using Etizolam with my Xanax script I got up to about five mgs a day plus two mgs of Xanax. I took this amount for about six months. I ran out if Etizolam one day thinking it's cool, my Xanax will help with any withdrawals I might have. I was very wrong.

You can try tapering yourself but it takes a lot of will power and as everyone has already pointed out, we're talking about a massive dose here. I would say go to a doctor that you know and trust. Be honest with them and hopefully they give you some Valium to help you through the next week or so. Easier said then done. I ended up having to stay in a hospital for two weeks to detox. Now I am trying to taper myself off of the Neirountin they gave me while I was in the hospital. Horrible withdrawals. Now I am back on the Xanax. Benzo addiction is a bitch.

Etizolam is equipotent to Lorazepam. I once managed to cold turkey a 30mg a day Lorazepam habit with non-GABAergic anticonvulsants and occasionally used nicomorphine to take the edge off the suffering. It was terrifying and the withdrawals only calmed down after 2 weeks... 2 weeks of nightmares. After that I felt immediately better, but it felt like my mind just didn't feel right. I ended up relapsing on Phenobarbital which lead to whole new problem...
Etizolam should be very similar, and 10mg a day is still a very big dose, so use a smooth long lasting RC benzo like Diclazepam. Hope this helped.

RC